Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba opens the door and has a look. 'if i were a dragon what would I keep in the stor room... Bubba has visions of a donut filled emergency storage room'
Bastard
04:08:04 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

The door opens silently and smoothly. Bubba peaks around the door, but finds only disappointment. Not a single donut in the room. Along two of the walls are shelves filled with paper, coffee filters, and other useless office supplies you would find in any legitimate business setting. The other two walls are empty, except for a few long folding tables and quite a few chairs.
Kliko
04:08:18 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Nothing of interest here, follow me" closing the doors behind them, they make their way back up the stairs 'Duster, Relentless: Everything ok up there?' before entering the hallway a second time. Kliko kneels down in front of the hallways south-exit. "Lets have a quick peek shall we"...
Bastard
04:08:25 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Relentless returns Kliko's text: "Yeah... still quiet... too quiet."

Kliko climbs upstairs and is followed by Bubba. He moves to the door at the south end of the hallway, slowly cracking it open. The door is heavy, but swings smooth and easy on its hinges, not to mention silently. Its weight is not surprising. It's probably solid redwood, since gold wouldn't go with the ski lodge motif.

The door opens revealing the main lobby and reception. Along the wall to the left is decent sized black coffee table, flanked by a comfortable looking brown leather chair on each side. Just past the table and chairs is a door. The far wall holds the main entrance, a pair of large double doors built of thick redwood and beautiful glass work. It is flanked by a large window on each side. In the far right corner is a tall black bar style table, surrounded by four tall stools, each with brown leather pads matching the chairs on the other side of the room. The right wall holds a single door about dead center, and a pair of double doors in the near corner. Between you and the right wall, and laying up against the near wall, is the reception desk and a small bar.

The floor is high gloss hard wood, unlike the thick forest-green carpeted floors you have seen so far. The ceiling is an A-frame log cabin build and very high. The lobby is lit dimly, but well, with accent lights.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba, determined to show off his mad sneaking skills, sneaks in front of Kliko and through the south exit door of the hallway. As Bubba enters the lobby he quickly leaps against the north east wall and begins to tip toe along the borders of the wall with his hands and feet feeling the wall. When Bubba smoothly feels his way to South east door in the lobby, he examines the door and listens.
Kliko
04:08:31 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

The big troll sneaks past Kliko who continues his overwatch from the door post 'oh frag'... Once certain the lobby is deserted Kliko scurries in a position behind the receptions counter. As good a cover as any.

'Too quiet indeed, the lobby is deserted. Lets move on'
Bastard
04:08:31 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Bubba slides along the wall, successfully sneaking past the table and two large leather chairs. They didn't even notice him go by.

He does not hear anything coming from the other side of the door. It is as quiet as a troll sneaking through a dragon's lair.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba, cracks open the South East door and peeks inside.
Bastard
04:08:41 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Bubba cracks the door open, but before it's even wide enough to peek through, he hears voices.

"Here he comes," says one whisper.

"Ready," comes another.

And then, the familiar sound of a hammer being cocked. Click.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba immediatly shifts to the left of the door way and makes eye contact with Kliko... Bubba using hand gestures signals to Kliko at least two enemies, they are armed and ready for us... 'Hehe time to have a little fun, sure the others may not like this, but this is how I do it. When Kliko says the word or hopefully pops some smoke or something, he seems to have something for everything, then it's on! I'm not going to kill anyone, just help them fall asleep -eventually they will wake up'
Kliko
04:08:44 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Two distinctive red dots start blinking across RG's Battletactm master-interface. The pop-up sign right next to them providing further details per request '2x HUMANOID - ARMED AND READY'. All RG could really do is wait and see how these new runners would cope under stress...

'The heat is on' Kliko reached for one of the brigtly yellow-marked grenades hanging from his combat vest. Lobbing it into Bubba's general direction with an underhand pitch. 'Bubba: Lob it behind the door. Another one coming up.' 'Come on chummer, do it...'
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba was in the middle of making hand gestures when suddenly a yellow-marked grenade hits him on the head and bounces to the ground... clunk... clunk... clunk... Bubba looks at the greneade as it rolls across the floor and then looks wide-eyed back at Kliko. "Doh!" he quietly mutters.
Kliko
04:08:47 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

'I'm fragged' 'Bubba: Pick it up! Go Go Go!' The text message rolls along Bubba's tactical screen. The only thing that could possibly make it worse, could be other security personel moving in on their position...

'Duster: Get in here, Bubba and me gotta take care of some bizz'
Bastard

04:08:47 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

The grenade makes a loud thump on the hard wood floor, and as it rolls around in a circle at Bubba's feet.

From behind the door he can still hear the voices whispering to each other, "Hold your positions."

Duster is already moving in position to back up Bubba. He throws a hand gesture at Kliko, signaling that he is already on it.

Relentless has ducked behind the bar with Kliko, muttering to himself, "Oh drek. Oh drek. Oh drek..." At least now instead of clutching his cyberdeck, it is slung across his back and his knuckles are turning white wrapped around a Yamaha Pulsar taser instead.

Kliko
04:08:49 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

'Duster, you first, Bubba second make sure you wait until the smoke pops, then wait another 30 seconds for the gas to disperse before entering.

Kliko lobbed his second, pink-marked, grenade towards Bubba before turning his attention to the Lobby's western entry points. 'If this is their killzone, we better be prepared' putting the silenced pistol in his belt. Kliko readies the assault shotgun which dangled from its sling. Upto now that is...

The shotguns Smartlink-II system booted smoothly as good as any Ares-product 'Shot rounds detected - select choke -> 3'. No matter how often he checked, it never ceased to give Kliko a morale boost when the targeting circle appeared on his image link...
Bastard
04:08:52 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Duster scoops up the rolling yellow-marked grenade and gracefully slides up next to Bubba along the south wall, his back up against the front entrance window. He checks his BattleTach, nods to Kliko, then moves toward the door that is cracked open, but not enough to see in yet.

"I got eyes on you guys. The front is still clear," RG types.

04:08:54 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Ready, big guy?" Duster whispers to Bubba. "Move to the other side, so you can dump it and I can shut the door. I will cook mine to make 'em stagger."

Duster moves to the door, smoothly and quietly, and waits for Bubba to get in position. Once there he pulls the pin while holding the spoon in place. He drops the spoon onto the chair to avoid too much sound. A second later he open the door about six inches and tosses his grenade in the slot.

At the same time the door starts to get thumped with bursts of silenced gun fire. All the team can hear is the spattering of rounds against the door.

"Go Bubba! Throw it! Throw it!" Duster yells, ducking from any rounds that may pierce the door.
SneakyJoeKDB
Without any hesitation Bubba, having leaned his stun batons next to him against the wall, pulls the pin of the grenade with his teeth and stretches his massive troll arm just enough, as if hoping to avoid any stray bullets, and lobs the grenade into the room. Immediatley after he lobbed the grenade he picks his stun batons up and lifts them over his head standing ready to smash anything that comes out of the door. While standing in the ready, Bubba spits out the grenade pin at Duster's feet accompanied by some slimy troll spittle which some of the slimy troll spittle happened to land on Duster's shoe. Bubba then grins with excitement while giving Duster a quick wink of approval.
Bastard
04:09:01 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Grenade!"

The team hears the oh-so-familiar sound of a gas grenade going off, followed by its tell-tale hiss as Duster pulls the door tightly shut. As the smoke starts to spray out its chemical cloud, there is a second bang, this one the gas grenade.

The muffled sounds of bodies running around confused from behind the door can be heard. There are a couple of thumps and the definite sound of a door being slammed shut.

Duster continues to pull against the handle of the door to hold it closed, warding off any known escape by security.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba listens intently to the sounds coming from behind the door. He looks at the battle tac screen, for the first time, and notices Kliko had sent a count down timer starting at 30 seconds. As the time tics down and approaches zero Bubba tightly clutches his stun batons and takes a deep breath. 3... 2... 1... Bubba whispers to Duster, "Open da door nows, I'ms going ins" When Duster opens the door Bubba pauses for a moment takes a deep breath and charges into the room!
Bastard
04:09:33 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Duster turns the door handle and pushes it open. The hallway is still filled with smoke as the yellow marked grenade still has smoke oozing out of it. The Neuro-VII's burnt match odor is still present, but hardly noticible. Bubba knows this smell all too well. After all, it is the best home remedy for one's bathroom odors. While the smoke is still present, and the gas odor is slightly, there seems to be no physical effect on Bubba.

On the floor lay two security guys, both seem unconscious. One lies about 5 meters away in front of a closed door, the other, all the way up against the window at the back end of the hallway.

There are three doors along the left wall, evenly spaced from each other. Bubba can read the first one, "Mainframe and Data Storage." The other two doors are too far away and at an angle, along with a barrier of smoke to look through, for him to read.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba looks back at Duster and signals him into the room. Bubba approaches the first unconcious security guard and searches him for pass keys, weapons, and anything that may be useful. When Duster enters the room Bubba puts his index finger over his mouth and quietly mutters "sssssssssshhhhhhh... I thinks theres another ones hidings behind ones of da doors. Either ways this is where we wants to be." After searching the guard Bubba tears the Guard's uniform and uses it to make a blindfold which Bubba ties around the Guard's head and eyes. He then drags the security guard to the other unconcious security guard and proceeds to search and blind fold him also. Bubba handcuffs each guard's hands behind them and then sits each guard upright and back to back in the far corner of the room.

When Kliko enters the room Bubba points to the labeling on the first door.
Bastard
04:09:38 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Duster follows Bubba into the short hallway. Immediately after entering the room he broadcasts a message on everyone's BattleTachs, "Found it!"
Kliko
04:09:42 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta,Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

'We are on our way. Duster: take up overwatch in the reception'

Team-channel: "Bubba secure your current position, over." 'Fragger don't you read your tac-screen... thats what its there for!!!'

"We're moving out Relentless, they located the datastorage. You go ahead, I cover you." He waited until Duster re-appeared from the receptions south-western hallway before joining Relentless and Bubba there. It was all upto the decker now... All the pair of them could really do is make him feel as safe and secure -or in other words, relaxed- as possible.

Seeing Bubba hauling around the unconcious security guards, Kliko whispers "Leave 'em be. We got to get out of here before draco returns...can't risk leaving any traces all over their uniforms, right? This hallway secure?"
SneakyJoeKDB
Whispering Bubba responds to Kliko's questions.

"Hallways is secure, buts these rooms arents." Bubba points to the side of the hallway with the rooms. "I heards a door slams when da grenades went offs, I knows theres another securities arounds. Wes should checks the data storages room firsts."

"And as far as traces go these guys knows we were heres..."Bubba waves his hand over the unconcious security guards. "Draco is gonnas be pissed. I wants to make sures if they wakes up they cant tells da full storys."
Bastard
04:09:48 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

As Duster approaches Kliko in the lobby he says, "Hey, I would rather post at this door. Not much I can do over there without guns."

04:09:51 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

In the short hallway, Kliko sees Bubba dragging a guard in light security armor across the room. He left behind an AK-97, lying about dead center of the hallway.
Kliko
04:09:59 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"We need eyes and ears out here in the lobby" nodding at Dusters receiver-unit. "That and you make for a nice surprise when you hide somewhere between those A-frames" pointing towards the poorly lighted ceiling. "Can't risk getting pinned in that hallway chummer." Kliko winks Duster before dissappearing in the hallway with Bubba. "Any luck with the maglock yet?"
Bastard
04:10:01 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Now how the frag does this chummer think I am supposed to get up there? Everyone thinks every physad can just jump around like a fraggin jedi... I bet I could from this bar... Duster is thinking as he mopes about the lobby.
SneakyJoeKDB
When Bubba finished dragging the security guard near the other unconcious guard, he begins to search the unconcious guards, while responding to Kliko. "Well maybes one of these guys has da answer to da maglocks."
Bastard
04:10:31 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

The security guards did not seem to have anything on them, outside of extra ammo, a radio, wallets, pens, and other personal belongings. However, Bubba does find an ID badge on each of them, that have magnetic strips running through them.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba picks up the ammo, grabs the ID card reading Barney Mcdoogle, and walks towards the west most door of the hallway. On his way towards the door he scoops up the AK-97 and smiles large. When he arrives at the west door he slides the ID card into the maglock device. "Be readies we gots an unhappy camper" he whispers to Kliko.
Bastard
04:10:39 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Bubba slides the passcard/ID through the maglock at the door to the Mainframe and Data Storage room. The red light does not turn green. Instead the red light flashes a few times and the lock makes a small beeping sound, which reminds Bubba of when someone gets a wrong answer on the game show Wheel of Fish.

"I got this one," the Relentless says with a sound in his voice of impatience.

After a few moments, the red light turns green and the door clicks as the locking mechanism retracts.

"That's how you do it, big guy."
Kliko
04:10:41 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Kliko and Bubba have look at eachother while they ready themselves to clear out the mainframe and datastorage "ready? go go go" Kliko hushes. Assault shotgun at the ready, they move in on their primary objective.
Bastard
04:10:39 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Peering down the length of his SPAS-22, Kliko scans the room. Nothing. At least nothing alive. He steps back, lets Bubba go in and bash any skulls that make themselves available for bashing. He also finds nothing alive.

After signaling that the room is clear, the Relentless slides in and gets comfortable in the large swivel chair in front of the computers.

"This should only take a minute or two," he says as he plugs himself in. After jacking in, a self assured smirk makes itself visible upon the decker's face.
SneakyJoeKDB
"Klikos, I thinks we should clears the other rooms in da hallways as wells."
Kliko
04:10:44 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Visibly reliefed -now they found what they were looking for- Kliko picks up the guard's radio and empty grenade cannisters

Pointing at Bubba's tac-screen. 'Negative chummer, chances are this guard is shitting his pants in this little hiding hole of his.'

"Besides we already booby-trapped those vehicles outside and in their garage" winking Bubba 'damn troll, just play along now...' "so lets get out of here before the cavalry arrives. They are on their own now..."
SneakyJoeKDB
"But I havent gots to smash enoughs yets!" Bubba begins pacing around the room like a little kid just denied candy in the store.
Bastard
04:11:20 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Time slowly passes as Relentless handles the computer system. The only sound seems to be the child-like stomping up and down the hallway of a giant.
Kliko
04:11:26 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Relax chummer, we're not of this mountain yet" before continueing somewhat louder "its quite some distance to the helicopters pickup point."

Pointing at Bubba's tac-screen 'thats just a load of bullshit misinformation Bubba. You keep an eye out here. You can find me in the lobby when Relentless is done.'. Returning to the lobby Kliko makes himself comfortable in the chair behind the receptions counter. Assault shotgun dangling from the tac-sling, silenced heavy pistol next to the security guards radio on the desk in front of him.
Bastard
04:11:27 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Kliko hears something above him, "Pssssssst."

Looking up he sees Knuckle Duster awkwardly climbing through the A frame. "I don't know how to get down," he whispers. The beams are pretty high, and Kliko is unsure how Duster got up there. He probably jumped, after all, he is a physical adept.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba smirks, realizing what Kliko is getting at... He then has a wonderful silly idea! He can take the misleading game further and smash a head too. Bubba nodded as Kliko left to the lobby. Bubba then tiptoes to the data storage doorway and watches Kliko leave from the hallway and into the lobby. He smiles mischieviously and rubs his hands together as he looks back at the other two unopened doors. Feeling that nobody was watching him anymore, Bubba tip toes with his back to the north wall of the hallway to the middle door and then does a spinning leap turning around and sprawling onto the wall just before he gets to the middle door of the hallway. With his appendages still sprawled to the wall Bubba unglues one hand and stretches his arm out so that his unglued hand, holding the security badge, will reach the maglock. He then slides the security badge into the maglock hoping it works here...
Kliko
04:11:33 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge (Reception), Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Nah, stay put man. Jump down once we head out, you got up there too didn't you?" 'Afterall he is a phys ad, what he mean, I can't get down?.' "He said it would take him only a minute or so."
Bastard
04:11:35 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Will you catch me?"

Kliko cannot determine if Duster is serious, or really good at sarcasm.

At this time Bubba has Ace Ventura'ed his way to the Security room door. He slides his stolen ID pass key through the magnetic locking system. His mad sneakies are rewarded with a red light that turns green and a door that makes an audible click.
Kliko
04:11:39 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge (Reception), Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Are you kiddin' me? Sure I will catch you when you fall. But stay put for now and make your self comfortable chummer. Its just a little way down from there to Big Boy's neck. They should be here any minute now..."

'RG: Can you ask V to make another astral scan of the area? We're nearly done here and I want to know iff all is clear outside the Lodge'
Bastard
04:11:42 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge (Reception), Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"She has been the whole time."
Kliko
04:11:45 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge (Reception), Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

'Copy that. Meat body still fine? No blood pouring from orafices etc.? Just want to make sure we're not compromised.

I got one of the sec guards radios and we're currently monitoring their frequencies'
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba cracks the door open with his stun baton and has a listen...
Bastard
04:11:50 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge (Reception), Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

The door slides open smoothly, just a crack. Bubba listens hard, but hears nothing.

"She is good."
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba moves so that he is covered by the door while he slowly swings the door open wider so that he is scanning the room up and down.
Bastard
04:11:51 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge (Reception), Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Bubba spots someone hiding in the corner, but before he can smash in their head, Bubba feels a sudden headache come on. At the same time his whole body aches as if he were coming down with the flu.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba, realizing that he is under the effects of magic, 'smash fast or good night bubba' charges towards the corner and brings his stun batons down upon the security guard with fury! Bubba growls and says, "you must be smashed cause you knows da helicopters coming to gets us soons!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012