Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice for a T-bird based campaign
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sunnyside
So with Arsenal we start seeing T-birds that can be purchased right from chargen (and affordable enough to be replaced instead of game over if one goes down).

While it took me a while to get my copy it has been out a while. Anybody run a game based around one.

What I mean by that is instead of just having one and hanging in Seattle they're running smuggling routes, living out of the thing, generally moving around.

A primary issue I have is fuel. Now I like the "6 hour rule" in the book. Simple. And for a car that never leaves Seattle I would just add fuel costs into lifestyle and not worry about it. However filling up a T-bird would be a four figure proposition, so that's a little hard to write into the incidentals.

Second any practical considerations from moving around. SR draws a lot of it's flavor from depth. This seems bit trickier if they're travelling around.

Obviously how one would handle the risks of losing the ride. Shoot a character with an anti vehicle missile and they just permaburn a little edge and the story goes on. Take out the bird... Actually if loaded would it be reasonable to say, OK you all would have just gone up in a huge fireball. Everyone mark off a point of edge permanently and the missile has a malfunction isntead of hitting you.

Anything else that comes to mind?

raggedhalo
As I understand the vehicle rules, how it works is that the missile does damage to the T-bird, which crashes if it's destroyed, which then does damage to the passengers, which they can try to resist. I'd never make them burn Edge -- let them decide whether or not to do it.

In your setting, though, I'd consider changing the vehicle damage track rules a bit -- add an Overflow equal to the vehicle's Body stat, let it "bleed out" until stabilised with a Logic + Appropriate Mechanic roll just like First Aid. So the vehicle is taken out but repairable.

ETA: as for fuel, a T-bird can go a hell of a long way in 6hrs. I guess this is why smugglers work particular routes -- they have contacts at shadow filling stations who they pay either in cash or kind (perhaps taking extra cargo or something..?)
GreyBrother
What T-Bird can be bought at Chargen? It seems i missed something.
raggedhalo
Presumably the Cascade Skraacha (12F availability), although the cost is prohibitive (475k). I guess you could let the players club together to buy it as a group resource, though.

It's an LAV although designated differently to the GMC Banshee...
Dumori
mod it to hell. stealth mods and anti missile mods if you can plus additional fuel storage. If i was running a T-bird campine I'd up the max gear allowd per runner allowing for air support drones and or a back up craft. Its better to lose your ship and your payment than your life. Also stick nitro in to it for when you really need to GTFO. I' would have two nimrod moded to cary a laser rifle and 2 Air-Air millesls with missile defense (the one that shots them down) on them. while expencive that will save your bacon. aslo cosider caryign a tower drone as its abilty to hold drangonflys lets you damage craft on the run it would be a disposable item but worth less that your cargo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012