Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Timeline Questions (spoiler for my players don't read!)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
counterveil
**Spoilers for my gaming group!***

As stated in my question around 2xs, I've been pretty diligently planning out the next 5-odd years in my campaign which started in early 2051 and trying to get on board with the "official" timeline. As this is the first campaign I've ever done that in, I was curious if anyone had any insight into the actual months that certain events occur in. Some of these are well-documented (Bug City), while others I'm not so sure about (Hestaby takes over Lake Shasta, couldn't find a more granular date reference in CFS except for "2053").

[ Spoiler ]
Kanada Ten
The problem is that Tir Tairngire, placed in 2054, doesn't mention the second envasion at all, as far as I can tell, even though it mentions the closing of Crater Lake (April 30, 2054). It even goes so far as to say Tir has extended several "olive branches" to the CFS, but is still denied an embassy - I wouldn't call invading an olive branch...

Shadows of North America puts the invasion in both timelines, again in 2053, as does Dragons of the Sixth World.

[ Spoiler ]
counterveil
Thanks Kanada! Yeah, there is that strange discrepancy but it can probably be chalked up to the fact that TT was written before CFS or SoNA / DotSW (argh acronyms!).

I think I'm going to go with "early in the year", say Feb/March since CFS states that Hestaby spent the better part of 2053 shoring up her defenses.

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012