Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concealment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Moomin
When a mage casts invisibility on someone they are still visible on the astral, maybe more visible on the astral due to the spell 'shining'.

If a spirit uses it's concealment power an someone, are they still visible on the astral? In our games we've played that spirit powers are somehow different and they conceal on both the physical and astral planes, does anyone have an opinion or a rule I've not read right?
raggedhalo
As a spirit needs to Materialise or Possess in order to use Concealment on someone, I rule that it only affects viewers on the physical plane.

However, I suppose the spirit could separately use its Concealment power on a target in the astral plane (they'd have to have a full-on astral form like Astrally Perceiving magicians, spirits, or dual-natured critters) and that would have its effect solely in the astral.
Kanada Ten
Concealment is a Physical power, meaning it cannot affect the astral.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (raggedhalo @ Feb 26 2009, 02:16 PM) *
As a spirit needs to Materialise or Possess in order to use Concealment on someone, I rule that it only affects viewers on the physical plane.

However, I suppose the spirit could separately use its Concealment power on a target in the astral plane (they'd have to have a full-on astral form like Astrally Perceiving magicians, spirits, or dual-natured critters) and that would have its effect solely in the astral.

According to the BBB (p.286) physical powers can only be used on physical plane and so affect only physical senses (they have no effect on astral), and the Concealment power is listed af "P" for physical; I don't know if powers produce some kind of aura on astral thought.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 26 2009, 02:48 PM) *
Concealment is a Physical power, meaning it cannot affect the astral.

Too fast for me. frown.gif
Sir_Psycho
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Feb 26 2009, 10:22 AM) *
I don't know if powers produce some kind of aura on astral thought.

I would like to know this, also.
Kanada Ten
IIRC, [Powers] leave an astral signature, correct? So, I would presume they also have an aura.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012