Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help save fallout 3 and possibly the honor of BI
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Dillinger
this is a forwarded replay i got about black isle on this straight edge forum i go to. check this shit out man.. and save fallout 3! SIGN THAT PETITION!

Ok I guess the standing is that the console teams are still in place. Though Fallout 3 has officially been cancelled (not that it was ever officially announced). Everyone working on the fallout project were either fired or quit. I guess that something like 88% of the game content was finished.

That seriously sucks, Fallout 3 would have made them a hell of a lot of money. Interplay has gotten retarded as of late.

And there is an online petition for the developement to continue. So far it has 22,125 signatures http://www.petitiononline.com/f3f3fnow/petition.html

edit again...

Here is my favorite commentary on the subject (from pennyarcade forums):

Under the title of 'Worst publishers of the year'...
"The contenders:

Publisher: Interplay
The Why: They raped Black Isle of its soul - one of the greatest development houses ever to exist, fired everyone, cancelled two of the greatest ongoing projects ever conceived, and converted these projects into kiddish hack-n-slash/run-n-gun titles. On top of this, they have the gall to announce a sequel to one of these titles before said title even hits the market, and they have the gall to publically announce that even though they left Black Isle as a hollow shadow of its former self, they are still going to whore out that label to whore out their own products."

***THIS SHIT NEEDS TO STOP!***
Grey
Wow...

22159 Total Signatures

Impressive.
Tanka
Er... I'm pretty sure they brought Fallout 3 back, unless this is a very recent development.
Fresno Bob
They never brought it back. They lie.
Swansonegger
Look on the bright side guys, all this talent has to go somewhere! I guess the core of Blizzard who created that company left and are starting their own studio, so why shouldn't the Black Isle group? A little bit of this collapse and rebuild is good, as the good developers find the other guys with good reps and create kick ass games.
lorg
So very sad. Fallout games rocks. Love the Pipboy.
nezumi
I hate to say it guys, but interplay LOST MONEY most years, and fallout and fallout 2, despite being some of *THE* best CRPG's ever, they really didn't make as much money as most other games out there. After all, the amount of coding and plot writing for fallout is far greater than what you'd get for something like doom (where 80% of the code is in making the engine). If you get a chance, look at interplay's old stocks, they're surprisingly paltry. To make a really good fallout 3 worthy of the title, financially it won't be as good an investment as 'beach bimbos on bikes III with visually rendered breasts!'
Electric Cabbage
I hope Interplay doesn't make another Fallout. The original creators are long gone and it wouldn't be the same game if they got another crew to finish it. Chances are anyways they would scrap alot of what was already done and rework it into an entirely different game with the Fallout name.
northern lights
you know, nezumi, i just got bored yesterday and installed a copy of duke nukem the manhattan project that was lieing in a stack of cd's. that last comment really fits when you play that game. it only took me a day and i'm not much of a gamer, so you gotta wonder what some of these kids finished it in. yet there were plenty of "... bimbos ... with visually rendered breasts!" i wonder if there is a way to compare revenues of the two games. sadly, i think your point would ring true.
Tanka
It does ring true. Just take DoA Beach Volleyball. Women characters only, risque cheat codes, and very targetted at the male audience.
moosegod
Conclusions?

I hate my fellow gamers.

Fallout addict since I touched the CD case. And this was when changing zones would lock up my old computer 5 of every ten times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012