Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Astral Travel and barriers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fire and Chaos
I'm reading the corporate security handout from 2nd edition and it says that a mage can't move through a living object while astrally projecting. However, I also remember the core 3rd rules describing a tickle feeling that mundane beings get when an astral forms passes through them. Can someone please explain this? Also, if normal living creatures don't block astral travel, do dual natured beings?
Zazen
I'm reading the corporate security handout from 2nd edition and it says that a mage can't move through a living object while astrally projecting. However, I also remember the core 3rd rules describing a tickle feeling that mundane beings get when an astral forms passes through them. Can someone please explain this?

In Second edition they couldn't, but it is no longer the case since the advent of the Third Edition. Now living auras are not astral forms. They don't exist as solid corporeal entities on the astral plane, only colorful impressions.

Also, if normal living creatures don't block astral travel, do dual natured beings?

Yes, because dual-natured beings exist on the astral plane and physical plane at the same time. They are astrally "solid" and can't be moved through.

Normal people only exist in the physical world, not the astral. Their astral aura is just a sort of magical shadow that they cast; they're not actually on that plane.
RedmondLarry
Zazen has it right. You can listen to him, Fire and Chaos. (Nice name, by the way.)

The things that are barriers to astral travel are things like Wards, Shamanic Lodges, Hermetic Circles that are being used, and Astral Barrier spells.

Corporations also use things like watchers, elementals, paranormal guard animals, biofiber, guardian vines, and FAB (Fluorescing Astral Bacteria) as protection against astral intruders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012