Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miami: Shadows of the Underworld
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
MatrixJargon
Shadowrun Miami

Shadows of the Underworld

Current Plot: Thread just opened, no current story progress made.

Game Master: Navar

Players:
MatrixJargon, Ray Armitage(Street Name: Tech) Character Sheet
Hanafox, Hana Kitsune (Stree name: Red Fox) Character Sheet

Dice roller: http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm
Navar
Rin It is 3-4 Pm When Instead of the grumbling of your stomach you notice that your commlink is going off. When You Answer you hear a voice the likes of which you've never heard before Who simply Says "I've got a job for you if you're interested meet me at the bar on the 4th floor of Dante's Inferno Nightclub" before hanging up.
HanaFox
Hana had been walking down the street debating which cafe to go into and enjoy a snack and some coffee when her com went off, rather annoyingly, in her ear. Sighing she reached up and pressed the button to pick up the call. 'Fox,' left her lips smoothly before she heard the voice. As the man hung up she lifted a brow and pouted a bit. 'Hell it's a job,' was whispered under her breath as she reajusted her skirt and start off for the night club. Her thoughts going to how things would go, and the fact that she better be able to grab a meal while she was there.
Once at the club she calmly stayed by the door and looked around the room. Violet eyes trying to see if someone would notice and call her over. If not she'd wait for a while longer to see what would happen.
Navar
As you arrive at the night club a very large troll man at the night clubs frontdoor asks "Whats the password?".
HanaFox
Shit, crossed her mind as she looked up towards the troll. This couldn't have happened at a worse time in all truth. Drawing in a breath she pulled on a sweet smile and reached her hand up to push her hair from her face. Violet eyes where fixed upon the troll as she tilted her head to one side. 'Oh I think I must have taken a wrong turn some were alone the way. This is the Dante's Inferno Nightclub, correct? If so I'm fraid the person I'm meeting didn't mention a password.'
Navar
The Large Troll immediately says "No one informed me of any new additions to the list. Especially not one so mundanely attired. Yes I said Mundanely. Big Whoop Want to fight about it?" as he glares at her.
HanaFox
Hana shifted her hips as she looked up towards the troll. Her right hand dropped to her side, and in turn closer to the holster there. A finely arched brow lifted upwards as she smiled towards the troll. 'Then why don't you go and check again Love? After all I was invited by a certain someone. Now then Love, if you really want to fight I'd be more then happy to oblige you, but you see. This is a new skirt, and I'd rather not rip it so early in the evening.' As she spoke she took on a slight stance and her left hand have moved to pull out a small pair of sunglasses. The link to her guns in case she needed it.
'Now then I was told to meet at the fourth floor bar here at Dante's. So really Love, just go and check to see if someone's waiting for a Fox, please?' as she spoke to the troll she kept her voice laced with honey a sweetness. Yet at the same time it held an edge that simply said she wasn't going to wait around forever though.
MatrixJargon
From the comfort of a perfected condo, drinks brought by only a Renraku Manservant of the highest quality, lazily reclining back in an antique pure-wood chair as AR Gloves touched screens only visible before his own cybernetic eyes. Ever present in only his current playground of a system. The only question was...where was he watching now, and why?

*Fluff post*
Navar
He responds quickly with " I'll be taking your firearms for the time being that is if you still want in. Firearms Regulations here at the Inferno you understand correct?" and reveals a security panic button underneath his left foot. "There wont' be any problems with this request Right?"
HanaFox
Hana relaxed a bit as she looked up towards the troll. With a quick movement of her right hand she had her belt undone and held out towards him. 'Two Colts and a Remington. That's all I've got. So take care of them. I don't much like having them screwed around with.' Left her lips smooth enough. Thank goodness she had worn her sleeves down and taken her Colt America with her. Question was would she get by with it or not?
Navar
The troll places them within his colt then says "You'll understand if I dont' trust you" As he Takes out a MadScanner and begins scanning your person. As He Waves it over your arm it alerts him to your hidden weapon. "I thought You wouldn't be any trouble, Hand it over and maybe just maybe I won't call lonestar on you for concealed dangerous weapons."
HanaFox
Hana narrowed her eyes towards him as she relaxed her arm and let the smaller Colt slip down into her hand. Flipping it with ease she offered it, butt first, towards the troll. 'Just leave a lady unarmed, eh?' was asked as she looked up towards him. She wasn't amused, but she'd deal with it for now.
Navar
"Don't think you're the only one who gets this treatment, It could be a lot worse, I like you" he explained.
"By the way the names Nigel" he whispered as he opened the door for her.
HanaFox
Hana smiled towards the troll as she winked up towards him. 'Thanks Love, and I don't blame you for doing your job. I'll see you when I'm done. Take care of my guns for me.' Slipping past him she put a small extra roll to her hips for Nigel before she disappeared around a corner and began to wind her way up towards the fourth floor.
Navar
As you Walk into the bar you notice 2 elevators and a simple fern in between the elevators as well earthy scenery painted upon the walls. One elevator labeled down with numbers 1-2 and the other labeled up with numbers 1-9. What will you do?
HanaFox
Hana sighed as she looked at the two doors. Shaking her head she reached over and hit the button for the up elevator. After all she did have to go to the fourth floor.
Navar
It seems mere moments since you were stopped at the front door by the guard and now you're in front of the elevator which after stepping off of it quickly closed shut. Leaving you in a large bar room with only from first glance appear to be 4 people. A large Obviously cybered-Ork wearing black leather, A rather simple looking dwarf chatting with a tall very drunk elf, A tall ork putting away glasses whom you can only assume is the bartender, and a very nicely dressed Human dressed in the usual business attire. As you look at him he motions towards first the bartender saying his guest has arrived and would like to order now and towards you to come and sit.
HanaFox
Hana shifted her hair over her shoulder and walked over slowly. Her boots making a soft clicking before she slipped onto the bar stool next to the other human. She eyed him over as she waited for the bartender to come over and ask for drinks. Her breathing settled into something light as she waited to see what was going to happen.
Navar
The man asks "what would you like to have?" as the bartender moves closer to you.
HanaFox
Hana shot the bartender a look along with a nod. 'Dirty martini please.' was her simple request as she turned towards the human. 'It would have helped if you had mentioned that there was a password to get in here.'
Navar
"Password?" The man briefly looks confused then replies with a chuckle "Oh you must mean Nigel, He likes to ruff up first timers to The Inferno." He studies your appearance quickly "I don't see any bruises so I assume Nigel must really like you; Anyways on to the business at hand. I have a mission of the utmost importance I don't care how it gets done wet or not. I just want it done quickly. I have my sources that my rival at the corp I work for has recently had a breakthrough and I will be losing funding if this research isn't destroyed. I'm willing to give you 4000 Newyen as reward for the quick retrieval of this research and will pay you 2000 up front. If you agree of course.
HanaFox
Hana took in the details as she smiled and shurghed. 'He said he liked me if that counts for anything.' With an absent mind she reached down and fiddled the empty holster on her arm as she took in the rest of the details. She nodded her head as she rested against the bar a touch more. 'Very well then. I need the location, and to know who else is on my time. I won't run something like this on my own.'
Navar
He replies with "Well You should be able to handle this on your own if you get in and out as fast and clean as possible; Its in an abandoned warehouse. My rival you see has been working in what he thought was secret from the corp. I'm quite sure of your abilities." Then hands you an envelope. You open the envelope and find that it contains the first half of the reward and the location of the job and where to meet him for your reward if you finish within then next 24 hours. As you look up you find you're now sitting alone at the bar. Everyone except the bar tender has left.
HanaFox
Hana sighed as she saw the empty bar, and then looked back over the details she held in her hand. 'Well this should be fun.' Pushing away from the bar she nodded towards the bartender and headed herself back downstairs towards Nigel to reclaim her guns.
Navar
As You got off the elevator you see a large group of men wearing business attire who step aside allowing you to pass. You look at the cramming into the elevator. As you walk outside you see Nigel is laid out on the ground unconscious.
Navar
As You got off the elevator you see a large group of men wearing business attire who step aside allowing you to pass. You look at the cramming into the elevator. As you walk outside you see Nigel is laid out on the ground unconscious.
HanaFox
Once she was past the large group of people Hana let out a sigh and relaxed, well untill she saw Nigel that is. She stopped for a moment and looked over everything quickly before moving to his side. Kneeling down she reached out and gently shook his shoulder to see if she'd get a response from him. 'Nigel? Nigel, you need to wake up now Love,' was said in a soft, but firm voice as she waited to see if he'd come around.
Navar
You don't get much of a response out of him just a grunt. You notice his breathing is normal. He mumbles "Here", as he hands your weapons back to you "take your weapons and get on with your job. I wouldn't ask a lady such as yourself to carry me inside" as he passes out once more.
HanaFox
Hana sighed as she took her belt and slung it back over her hips. 'Well take care then Nigel. I'm sure I'll see ya again sometime.' Standing up she flipped her comlink on and called 911. Her voice rattling off in quick seccsion what she knew to the operator before she hung up. 'They'll be here soon Nigel,' was said with a final look towards him before she started off down the street to where she had parked her bike at.
Navar
You find your Suzuki Mirage exactly as you left it. As you hop on you can only think that all this does not bode well for whats to come. Not everyone could lay a troll out with out the use of deadly force. You drive to the location that is indicated in the envelope. When you arrive you realize that the area you're in is most close to beach as the salt air is permeating your nostrils. You also notice you are surrounded by abandoned buildings new and old but you don't see a Warehouse. You check inside the envelope and realize there are further instructions written beneath its location. "Upon arrival park your vehicle and head around the largest abandoned building on foot". After you walk around the building you can see in the distance you can see a one story warehouse surrounded by a large plast-crete wall. Getting in won't be easy and Getting out will be harder without a quick escape.
HanaFox
Hana looked around the building with a sigh and shook her head. 'Should have gotten a team for this. I think that guy was an idiot to send me in alone.' She continued to look around for some way to get in unnoticed.
Navar
You realize its all but impossible to enter this complex. However as you walk along you notice some fresh tire tracks in the vacant lot next to the Warehouse lot that lead into a large abandoned garage.
HanaFox
Seeing the tire tracks she nods and follows them to the entrance. Once there she stops and looks around before she moves in any futher.
Navar
The Garage your in is quite spacious but it rather empty aside from the 3 semi's that are parked inside. You notice there is a large cargo lift in front of the middle truck.
HanaFox
Hana looked around a little bit more and sighed. Shaking her head she began to look around for a door into the warehouse.
Navar
Just as your previous circling of the inside of the garage the only door there is the one you entered through. The cargo lift seems to be the only thing you haven't checked.
HanaFox
Pouting her lips she walked over and began to invistigate the cargo lift.
Navar
You notice a simple control console with an up and down button. You step onto the cargo lift and hope it doesn't get you killed as you press the button you feel it shake and gradually descend downward. After what seems like forever you Find yourself in a small room with a metal pair of double doors in front of you.
HanaFox
Hana held on tightly to the lift and kept her eyes on her toes. She wasn't one who enjoyed heights, or going up and down like this, all that much. Once at the bottom she eyed up the doors as she pulled out her smartlink glasses and slipped them on. Then slowly she walked forward and began to check out the doors.
Navar
As You burst open through the door A stinging white light blinds you for a few moments once your eyes adjust You find yourself in a long immaculately white hallway that ends in it splitting off to the right and the left.
HanaFox
She gasped at the bright light and stumbled a bit till she was use to the light. Huffing she shook her head and looked around. 'I'd rather take a flash bomb then that again.' Eyeing up the hallway she started down it as she drew out her right pistol into her hand.
Navar
It seemed to take forever to get to the end of the hallway, but once there you see a door directly in front of you and 2 windows around the door through these windows you see 2 security guards monitoring the security feed and around the corner you see a camera. You try to duck your head back in but its too late you think it spotted you. You take a breath as you lean against the hall and hope nothing happened when you hear the door open and see an Ork guard drawing a weapon on you yell "stop intruder!".
MatrixJargon
*Temporary GM*

You don't hesitate, you had your gun drawn for a reason anyway. Turning just barely right arm lifted and two quick shots went straight in to his chest, one right above the lung and the other piercing an artery right above his heart. Immediately, you remember the camera and the other guards, idea is to make a hasty exit. Your opponent may still be breathing, but not for long, destined to bleed to death in only a few minutes, his condition unstable.
Navar
After the guard hits the ground you hear guards shouting from every direction except the door in front of you.
HanaFox
Hana grinned as she heard the Ork hit the floor. It was a sweet and satisfing sound to her. Quickly she drew out her left pistol and leaned around the corner slightly. A shot from the right pistol was aimed to finish off the ork for good. The left one took aim to knock out the camera. She was about to head down the left handed hallway when she heard the yelling. Curse fell under her breath as she took a risk and pushed open the door that was infront of her. Once inside she shut it and pressed her back to it as she scanned the room to see what was in it.
Navar
As you slam and lock the door behind you. You realize you hear footsteps all around you and voices chattering. You hear one man say "This must be the one our bosses rival sent".
MatrixJargon
Your comm would buzz with the sound of unauthorized activity, and soon enough it'd ring like a phone call, shaking violently and demanding attention. Moments later you hear a click and a slight noise, the door you pushed closed sealing shut and tightening even further. If you answer the call you hear a low voice on the other end. no introduction, just instructions. "There's an escape hatch hidden in the middle of the room, use it, shut it behind you, and use the escape tunnel to get further in to the building."

HanaFox
Hana hissed as her commlink violently rung in her ear. With a quick movement she flipped it on and heard the voice. She looked around the room as she inched forward slowly. Her guns cocked and held out at the ready. 'And why should I trust you?' was asked to the voice as she looked for some sort of sign of the trapdoor that was mentioned.
MatrixJargon
The video on the commlink offered no image, only sound. "It's not my problem if you don't, but I dislike those movies where the main character dies" he said, the thud of guards wanting to break in likely imminent. "You can head left down the tunnel to find an office, break in, and finish the run, or you can just head right to take the path to the outside."
HanaFox
'What are you talking about?' was asked as she found the trapdoor and kicked it open. Taking a breath she looked to see if there was a ladder for her to climb down. If not she'd drop into the tunnel and pull the door shut. 'And looks like I'm going left. I don't botch my runs if I can help it,' was grumbled as she started down the left handed path.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012