Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4A Karma/BP costs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Wasabi
How will the changes in BP/Karma costs in SR4A be integrated into existing SRM characters? Moving forward? Retroactively? Via rebuild? Other?

Also, my team's Activesofts as of October 2008 rose in cost by 360k nuyen and hardware upgrades fell in price. For example, Response 6 Chips made by a hacker (it takes a few days) now only cost 4k nuyen each buuuut can only be fitted to a Transys Avalon or better.

I know an errata is forthcoming but these are some pretty big changes and feel to me at least like a whole new edition.
Zolhex
While I'm not the guys in charge I did ask and was told (at least as far a Bishop knew at the time) the idea was your characters would not need to spend more karma for attributes you already raised.

Missions Characters are good to go with the 3 times the new level untill the new book is in print after that all Missins Characters will be required to use the 5 times the new level rule.

UNDERSTAND

This was told to me but I was also told there would be disscussion on this topic in theory today Sunday March 15th so once they have their talk things could change.

This is all I know for know as it was told to me please stand by for an official announcement.

Thank you.
SwampGator
Time to spend Karma now. smile.gif
TranKirsaKali
Yes, because our team needs to be more disgusting than it already is! ROFLMAO!!!!!
Wasabi
Sure my TM can sneak through the matrix like the worlds best VR ninja but if ever discovered his brain gets turned to Hulu-commercial like mushie-mush by any hacker who knows the trick to eating a TM in cybercombat. Yes, one singular trick that works on any TM and not one I'll share in the open thankyouverymuch. So yeah, 5% of the time my TM is disgusting. 80% of the time I'm on standby and 15% of the time I do hacker things worse than a hacker or, heaven-forbid... buff a teammate who is a hacker.

Disgusting? no. Technomancer? yes.

But then again people don't play TM's for power... they play TM's to throw GM's great big curveballs and measure how many "WTF?!" expressions they can see flicker across their GM's faces**. nyahnyah.gif

** No GM's were harmed in the making of this film
BishopMcQ
There will be some clarification during the Dev Chat this weekend, so please feel free to list questions here and I will make sure to have answers ready before the chat starts. As always, the transcript will be posted shortly thereafter to help people who cannot attend.

As Missions use the most recent and updated errata, the expectation is that moving forward all karma/cash expenditures will follow the errata'd costs. We will not be forcing people to back up and retrofit their characters.
Black Jack Rackham
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 16 2009, 03:16 PM) *
As Missions use the most recent and updated errata, the expectation is that moving forward all karma/cash expenditures will follow the errata'd costs. We will not be forcing people to back up and retrofit their characters.

Ah but playing devils advocate (and knowing that my players will want to know), even if not forced to, CAN they?
BishopMcQ
At this time, I am going to effectively say "No takebacks." If someone just dropped 300k ¥ on some gear that is now half that price, they are out the cash. Opening the flood gates for people to change if it is in their best interest and not change if it hurts them is going to cause me too many headaches.

Moving forward purchases are at the errataed cost--cash and karma. If you did it before the errata, your previous purchase sticks.
Coyote
Why not leave the cost of magic, ressonance and edge at karma times three? This way spell casters, technomancers and lucky guys(?) are not unduly impacted?
Wasabi
As much as I like some houserules I appreciate that Missions are always by RAW.
(Makes it easier to recruit GM's and to orient new players in "canon" Shadowrun.)
toturi
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Mar 17 2009, 05:34 AM) *
At this time, I am going to effectively say "No takebacks." If someone just dropped 300k ¥ on some gear that is now half that price, they are out the cash. Opening the flood gates for people to change if it is in their best interest and not change if it hurts them is going to cause me too many headaches.

Moving forward purchases are at the errataed cost--cash and karma. If you did it before the errata, your previous purchase sticks.

As of now, there is no errata on the website yet. Does that mean that if you find out that the gear you want to purchase costs less, you can wait till later? And does that mean that you can cash in all your karma now to buy up attributes before the errata kicks in?
RobertB
My question relates to upgraded gear. As a rigger, I have a couple of drones for which I upgraded response and signal from 3 (the original rating of the drone) to 6 (the max rating available). Under the new rules, this is an illegal change. To prove that I performed the upgrades prior to the newest edition, I'd have to carry my Denver Missions sheets. So, do I need to lower the ratings of my upgraded gear, and get some sort of refund, or just carry forward with the new ratings and have my documentation available to show that the upgrades were done before the changes?

Robert (aka Spanner)
BishopMcQ
Toturi--Make the changes you're going to make when you want to make them. The instructions to members of the demo team have been that if a change is made before the errata date, then it can stay. After the errata date, we use the errata.

Robert--Bring the sheets and you should be fine. We're not forcing people to retcon their characters so just have the sheet that shows it was made before the update.
Wasabi
The errata date I presume is the date of the errata itself and not the PDF just-released of the SR4A rulebook that has an integrated errata?
Aaron
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Mar 17 2009, 11:09 AM) *
The errata date I presume is the date of the errata itself and not the PDF just-released of the SR4A rulebook that has an integrated errata?

Correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012