Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Do You Play Shadowrun ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
tete
QUOTE (Socinus @ Mar 22 2009, 06:16 AM) *
My fiancee and I picked up Vampire: The Requiem at a bookstore that was going out of business for like five bucks. I bought it because the story was kinda neat, not even really realizing what it was. We were bored and decided, hey, lets give Vampire a try. We both found it more complicated than it was worth (keep in mind our experience with pen and paper was zero) so we decided to pickup something else and try it.

Do you have the World of Darkness core rule book? I just ask because Vampire: The Requiem requires it. Its an add on book to the core rules without the core rules it wouldn't make much sense.
tete
double post
D-Franco83
I actually got into Shadowrun from the Genesis game. I picked up The 2nd Edition book thinking it was the strategy guide for the genesis game (It had the same cover). I flipped through it and realized it was something else. I started buying every novel I could (Except that trilogy based on the action figures). I really love the setting of SR and the stories. I like how the system is put together and its something different that I can enjoy as a player and as a GM.
Socinus
QUOTE (tete @ Mar 22 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Do you have the World of Darkness core rule book? I just ask because Vampire: The Requiem requires it. Its an add on book to the core rules without the core rules it wouldn't make much sense.

Yeah we didnt figure that out for quite a while which, in retrospect, is probably why it made so little sense.
mrslamm0
Picked up the 3d ed book with out even knowing what it was. We were playing RIFTs at the time and I started reading thru the book. Another friend of ours had more SR books and we started playing it a bit more intill well now thats all we play is SR4 any more. Personally for me I think its the blend of Magic and Tech when ever some one asks me to explain it the best I can tell them is LOTRs Meets the matrix though there's probly a better way to explain it. IDK its just a very unique system that has kept my attention for 8+ years. *shrug*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012