Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MDC affiliations
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Beetle
I was digging through the first NY Mission and had a couple of questions regarding corp affiliation.

The first is how would my players go about starting the NY Missions with a corp affiliation? Would they take a corp as a contact, or take a quality similar to "Records on File" ?

The second question is in regards to how many affiliations will a player manage to get? I know that 1 or 2 should be offered to the player if they complete the secondary objectives, but is there a max that a player will be able to acquire as the campaign goes on?

Thanks for the help chummers.
Zolhex
As I understand it from the demo team point of view no player should ever have more than one corp affiliation.

Although by the end of the run players may have done more than one objective and thus be contacted by more than one corp with a reward should said player agree to go to work in theory for the corp they take the reward from.

Kinda like ok you work for horizon do this at the end you did a and b so horizon offers a neo-a's offers b you choose b and it like horizon called you said no thanks and are now working for neo-a's and as long as you don't blab who you have or are working for your cool.

As to the 1st mission I have just run it and at the end said ok here's who contacts you.
Beetle
Yeah, I was figuring that a player would only manage to pick up 1 or 2 affiliations along the way, even if they manage to complete multiple secondary objectives. I just wasn't sure how it was being handled from an official point, particularly in the case of affiliation overlap.

Thanks for the tip
the_dunner
It's probably worth saying to wait for Aaron or BishopMcQ to stop in.

QUOTE (Beetle @ Mar 22 2009, 07:56 PM) *
The first is how would my players go about starting the NY Missions with a corp affiliation? Would they take a corp as a contact, or take a quality similar to "Records on File" ?

As I understand it, you can't start with an affiliation. However, as players won't necessarily play scenarios in order, they might have one prior to playing 00, from a previous scenario.

The second question is in regards to how many affiliations will a player manage to get? I know that 1 or 2 should be offered to the player if they complete the secondary objectives, but is there a max that a player will be able to acquire as the campaign goes on?

I don't believe there's a maximum. If a player wants to have 13 different corps, and the Neo-Anarchists all believing that his/her character is dedicated just to them, I'm sure the character will have a very interesting life.
Aaron
WARNING: The following post is evasive and coy. This is deliberate, not because I want to make it hard for people to get answers, but to keep with the spirit of the campaign in the biggest corporate enclave on the planet. That being said, if you need me to draw you a picture, PM me.

QUOTE (Beetle @ Mar 22 2009, 06:56 PM) *
I was digging through the first NY Mission and had a couple of questions regarding corp affiliation.

Corporate affiliation? Are you suggesting that hard-working shadowrunners would sell out?

They would not. Mr. the_dunner's thing about playing things out of order is quite correct.

How much is too much ...?
Beetle
QUOTE (Aaron @ Mar 22 2009, 10:09 PM) *
WARNING: The following post is evasive and coy. This is deliberate, not because I want to make it hard for people to get answers, but to keep with the spirit of the campaign in the biggest corporate enclave on the planet. That being said, if you need me to draw you a picture, PM me.

Corporate affiliation? Are you suggesting that hard-working shadowrunners would sell out?

They would not. Mr. the_dunner's thing about playing things out of order is quite correct.

How much is too much ...?

Consider the picture drawn.

I'm not suggesting hard-working shadowrunners would sell out. I am suggesting that mine seem more than happy to suckle the corporate teat if it gets them a wiz piece of gear though grinbig.gif
Cadmus
Define sell out? Runners are mercs in the truest sence, They sell physical services for money or other services.

hehe just pointing that out, ammo is cheap but no free and I don't see many mom and pop pizza places higher six man runner teams with members sporting hundres of thousands of dollars of cyber these days smile.gif

Corp A. Heres the deal, free ammo. 20k a job, an a free pizza every other week. you want the contract?

Runner B. and if I say no thank you?

Corp A. we shoot you in the foot if we ever see you again.

Runner B. ah thats not so bad.

Corp A. and if we catch you working for corp C or D we remove both feet two kidenys and a liver then shoot you in the head..and your little dog too...and your nabors dog.

Runner B. my nabor dosn't have a dog?

CorpB. we will buy him a dog then shoot it.

Runner B. ah..can I get mushrooms on that pizza?

smile.gif

Wasabi
I'd advise any non-advanced player to stick to zero or one affiliation until they understand the Affiliations system well.
(I'm a player not staff, so take my advice however you like)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012