Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, is this
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Draco18s
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Apr 5 2009, 04:25 AM) *
I beg to differ.

Find something posted on /b/ that was created by the poster. Bonus points if the artist doesn't post that artwork elsewhere.
GreyBrother
Memes. Some are created there and aren't /b/ only. Sure, your mileage may vary, but i see them as original content and some of the "art" there is actually created by the /b/ users. Of course, we can now fight about the definition of "art", "creating" and the whole internet stuff.
Draco18s
Memes don't count. I've seen very few original and interesting memes.
GreyBrother
Then i'm sorry. There would be no point for me proving anything because our standards are different.
Draco18s
I was sure that your initial statement implied that there were other things besides memes created in /b/. If not, then I think my original statement stands: Art is not created in /b/. Merely stolen and posted with "look what I found!"
Stahlseele
There IS the Space-Marine stuff for WH40K that 4chan created O.o
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40k
travel there at your own risk, as that site seems to be NOT SAFE FOR ANY FUCKING ENVIRONEMENT
Zurai
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 5 2009, 04:56 PM) *
If not, then I think my original statement stands: Art is not created in /b/.

That is NOT your original statement. Your original statement was "I'm sorry, but nothing "comes out" of /b/. Anything posted in /b/ was not created by the poster."

No mention of art, and a whole lot of absolutes. Absolutes are incredibly easy to disprove: you only need one example. Since GreyBrother already gave you a valid example of "anything" and not "nothing" being created in /b/, you are wrong.
ravensmuse
Wow. Zurai just made my case for me. Thanks man. Waffle? smile.gif

Draco18s
QUOTE (Zurai @ Apr 6 2009, 04:25 AM) *
That is NOT your original statement. Your original statement was "I'm sorry, but nothing "comes out" of /b/. Anything posted in /b/ was not created by the poster."

No mention of art, and a whole lot of absolutes. Absolutes are incredibly easy to disprove: you only need one example. Since GreyBrother already gave you a valid example of "anything" and not "nothing" being created in /b/, you are wrong.

I'll admit that my initial statement was hyperbolic, but I was countering the statement that 4chan is equal parts creation and destruction and that "terrible and awesome things come out of /b/."

I think we've agreed that the only things that originates in /b/ are memes. Which aren't really all that awesome. Or terrible (other than being a meme). Or beautiful or horrifying. Memes just exist and don't have any defining qualities of their own.

So of all the adjectives ascribed to /b/ they only work with regards to everything else on /b/. Which is just stolen from somewhere else. That's why there's a Do Not Post list: artists who don't want their stuff duplicated on /b/.

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 6 2009, 03:59 AM) *
There IS the Space-Marine stuff for WH40K that 4chan created O.o
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40k
travel there at your own risk, as that site seems to be NOT SAFE FOR ANY FUCKING ENVIRONEMENT

Link isn't working for me, I get a 404.
Stahlseele
just go to 1d4chan.org and search for warhammer and click through the links.
pretty funny. pretty much all of it is heresy in some kind or form ^^
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 6 2009, 09:53 AM) *
just go to 1d4chan.org

Cannot find server.
Stahlseele
OK, seems to be dead . . damn it allto hell <.< . . my funnies ._.
BIG BAD BEESTE
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Apr 1 2009, 02:13 PM) *
I beg your pardon good sir, but would you dare to explain?

Yup, its a Red Dwarf reference GreyBrother dredged up from my youthful days when it first aired on BBC2. One of the funniest episodes I've ever seen in many a sitcom.

@ Crizh Hmm, I've seen the first season of Sarah Conner Chronicles, but seeing as I don't have a TV or internet access aside from using public PCs at the library and gym, I'm always behind the curve of current releases. It's on my must see season when the boxed set is released list though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012