Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campaign Director?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Mekalus
Ok so I have a group who are interested in Shadowrun Missions and since I have played most of the Denver set I thought I would get them familiar on those and then move them to NY. My question is who is the campaign director so I can do the proper email posting thing so their runs count? Sorry if this is an obvious question but I sent an email to the dunner and havent received a response yet and game day is coming up soon.
Wasabi
This forum needs a sticky with how to get involved on the CGL Demo Team as well as how to have runs count if you're not on the CGL Demo Team.
I'd also suggest the two folks heading up missions have their dumpshock titles changed to "Co-Missions Director" or try putting "<br>Co-Missions Director" to add a line below their current title.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Mekalus @ Apr 29 2009, 01:18 AM) *
My question is who is the campaign director so I can do the proper email posting thing so their runs count? Sorry if this is an obvious question but I sent an email to the dunner and havent received a response yet and game day is coming up soon.

Aaron Pavao (Aaron) and Stephen McQuillan (BishopMcQ) are the campaign coordinators. Any Shadowrun Missions related e-mails I receive are forwarded on to them.
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Apr 29 2009, 05:17 AM) *
how to have runs count if you're not on the CGL Demo Team.

Huh? Why? If you play the scenario, your runs count. There's no special qualification for gamemastering.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Apr 29 2009, 05:41 AM) *
Aaron Pavao (Aaron) and Stephen McQuillan (BishopMcQ) are the campaign coordinators. Any Shadowrun Missions related e-mails I receive are forwarded on to them.

Huh? Why? If you play the scenario, your runs count. There's no special qualification for gamemastering.

That should probably be spelled out in the FAQ. And I mean blatently...

As a person who plays that game that's organized by the RPGA, with complex reporting mechanisms for both judges and players the free formness of Missions and reporting adventures for it took me by surprise as well.

People want to be able to report what missions they did so they can prove it.

Else, what's to stop a player from downloading all the denver missions, making up rewards signing the missions report forms as somebody else and showing up to NYC with 150 karma + a pile of nuyen and gear?
BishopMcQ
Crypto--Who we are is in the updated SRM FAQ.

The first question is:
What is Missions?
Shadowrun Missions (SRM) is an international shared campaign. The goal is to have characters and adventures that all share the same universe, and of course have fun while doing it. Missions are played at conventions, Game Days, and as home games for some groups.
Currently, Missions is coordinated jointly by Aaron Pavao and Stephen McQuillan. (We can be reached through Missions@shadowrun4.com, or you can find us on Dumpshock under Aaron and BishopMcQ respectively.)

We also recommend that your GMs fill out an After Action Report and send it into the Campaign Director. This allows the exploits of your team to modify the flow for later Missions. (A Denver example is that the Black Cats were so summarily beaten that they stopped showing up in Missions.) We've had cases where a player was caught cheating. Trust me, it was neither fun for the player nor pretty to watch. If it becomes necessary to crack down on people, Aaron and I will deal with it. Until then, I'm keeping the faith...
Mekalus
TYVM for the information and updates. I am going to assume that since all the Denver missions are written that an after action report won't be truely impacting on game dynamics. However, once we get caught up and I start requesting the NY Missions then afteraction reports will have a possible impact and I will make sure they get sent.
Aaron
QUOTE (Mekalus @ Apr 30 2009, 12:40 AM) *
TYVM for the information and updates. I am going to assume that since all the Denver missions are written that an after action report won't be truely impacting on game dynamics.

Oh, you never know ...
DireRadiant
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Apr 29 2009, 11:56 AM) *
Else, what's to stop a player from downloading all the denver missions, making up rewards signing the missions report forms as somebody else and showing up to NYC with 150 karma + a pile of nuyen and gear?

Nothing really. And it probably won't matter for single FLGS games.

At major events where there are several Missions GMs, it's usually noticed. Someone who cheats almost always cheats on more then the character sheets. One thing to keep in mind is that the Missions GMs at major events actually talk to each other on the Secret GM Psychic Hotline. (All kidding aside, I know where and who most of the other Missions GMs are, and we do have means of communicating to each other if there are questions.)

I'm not sure having a central record keeping step is worth the hassle and cost, it's not like the Demo Team and Catalyst are losing money when someone cheats this way. That person is cheating themselves most of all, and perhaps some fun is lost for other players at the table.
Aaron
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Apr 30 2009, 08:59 AM) *
At major events where there are several Missions GMs, it's usually noticed. Someone who cheats almost always cheats on more then the character sheets. One thing to keep in mind is that the Missions GMs at major events actually talk to each other on the Secret GM Psychic Hotline. (All kidding aside, I know where and who most of the other Missions GMs are, and we do have means of communicating to each other if there are questions.)

We have a list of known cheaters. Thankfully, at the moment it is extremely short. For what it's worth, I would be disappointed if it were to grow.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Aaron @ Apr 30 2009, 04:20 PM) *
We have a list of known cheaters. Thankfully, at the moment it is extremely short. For what it's worth, I would be disappointed if it were to grow.

Glad to hear this...

I just brought it up because people likely get their first taste of a "Living" type of game via D&D... they run into the reporting forms with RPGA numbers on them and are used that.

Then they realize there are other tastier drugs out there than D&D and try those. They come with their preconceived notions of how living games should work and are shocked when they see less strictures placed on them.

Not saying good or bad or anything else, just unfamiliar. Spelling out that all of this is what it is and how it works and that you don't need a super seekrit membership card with a super duper seekrit handshake in big bold print, will go a long way to helping them adjust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012