Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fields of Fire: Simulations (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Dumori
After sending details of you physical ability and gear to David you punch in the nodes details and slot the passkey you have been given.
<<The node you enter is a lobby data screens are mounted on the walls and holograms are projected around the room. The screens and holograms show maps and information presumably of the different preloaded simulations on the node. Some stand out looking more like VR games than combat sims they have names such as Zombie Horde and Infinite Defense.>>
An agent walks from behind a desk.
"Welcome to the Sudear-Krupp ultraviolet combat simulation system. While we will attempt to eject you from a simulation before any major damage has happened we regretfully inform you that major damage could occur form the use for this system. Please make sure you are running the shield program provided by this node.
DWC
The desk isn’t real granite. The floor isn’t real marble. The water in the fountain isn’t real. The receptionist isn’t real, though she’s sculpted to look fake in all the right places.

Wonder how far this thing would let me throw the girl behind the desk.

DangerClose clenches a fist, noting with some satisfaction that the veins on the digital reconstruction of his forearm jump out from the fake rock hard muscle just like the real ones do. The knuckles crack with the right sound. He paces the virtual lobby, getting comfortable with the feedback from the system. He pauses in front of the wall of monitors, watching simulations in progress.

“I definitely feel like me, which I like. Does anyone see any immediate problems?�
Dumori
Dust paces around and takes aim a few times with his rifle.
My magic feels a bit off but yeah its almost life like. Abbadon, Lilith and Seraph will likely feel the biggest flaws with the astral and spell casting.
Mickle5125
"Oh, dear lord! Don't look into astral. That is effin' messed up! VR and astral should never be combined... owwww.... now I've got a headache..." Lilith sniffles as she holds her head.
JoelHalpern
"Looks good to me. I can't really tell if they have all the subtleties right, but I am sure it is close enough."
remmus
(is there a chance to get into this rp?, if so whats the BP limit?)
DWC
"Subtleties can be very important. We will see how good this simulation is the first time someone collapses a building on me. For now, I am just pleased that I did not break my own arms clapping."
Mickle5125
Lilith grins over at DC. "Was that an invitation, DC? Do you want me to drop a building on your head for you?"
Dumori
Dust placing round the room looking at some list and other information projected around him. Hey guys I've found a rather cool sounding mission. A covert hit on a hidden armaments factory and RnD lab. What do you guys think?
Mickle5125
"How covert is covert?" Lilith asks as she flutters over to Dusty and starts reading over his shoulder.
Dumori
Well as its set in an urban environment covert enough that we can make it out with out any major restance.
JoelHalpern
Sounds like it should be a good mix. Let's go for it.
Dumori
Dust run his hand though the projected display hitting load.
The room fades in to a new one. On the walls are racks of guns and list of veicals and ammo types. To the left of the room is your standard gear. One table for each of you.
The receptionist from the other room appears in the center however she is now dressed in more military apparel.
"Mission simulation 'Assembly' loaded. This mission has expense limit of filthy thousand nuyen Remember to keep you shield program running at all times.
Briefing: This mission is a covert raid on an largely unmanned weapons assembly plant come research and development facility. Expect high internal security a rapid armed response. This mission will require both stealth and firepower. Grading will be given on damage taken, time taken to complete the mission and for each objectives completed.
Objectives. Your objectives for this mission are:
1)Gain entry to the compound
2)Locate and penetrate the facility
5)Sabotage the research
7)Sabotage the site
8)Escape
Secondary objective are:
1)Escape cleanly
2)escape with any prototypes
3)Gather information on the purpose of the site
4)download the research data and any other interesting material"

The agent fades away leaving a holographic projection of the area around the site.This map shows that entry to the site is only available via one road in. However it has a moderately large primitive and there is a large open area between the warehouse building and the main gate.
DWC
I appreciate your enthusiasm but I do not think it will be necessary. I have a gift for bringing collateral damage anywhere I go.

Mission parameters scrolled past as the troll began the long, arduous process of armoring up.

By the time he’d finished, Danger Close looked more like a heavy combat drone than a troll. He bristled with heavy weapons, and faded in and out of view as the chameleon system ran its’ diagnostics.

�Suggestions?�
Dumori
"I was thinking me a the vamp sneak in take down physical security patch Lilith and here hacker in to the warehouse's nodes. Then if this get hot or when its clear we then res of you will come in to the warehouse compound. We might need a way to transport the heavy ordencence discreetly."

Dust set about setting up his gear. Running stealth diagnostics making sure all his kit was in sync. Dust fade out of view that flashed different colours and pattens checking that there where no delays with his gear.

Dust muttered to him self while picking out ammo loads and sling length and adjusting hi pack and vest for minimum emcuberment.
Mickle5125
"You're weighing me down with the entertainment?" Lilith pouts before moving over to her gear table and beginning to select the gear she wants. "You know, I could probably get in, fill the place with explosives, and get back out without anyone knowing."

selected gear
[ Spoiler ]
DWC
"At least you will have someone to talk to. I will be sitting outside, watching the traffic, waiting to kill the high threat response security team, on totally improbable chance that someone discovers any of you."

Dumori
"well where not going to get any prototypes or data if we 'nuke' the place. Any way It shouldn't take long to hit the out external facility."

Dust looks over the areal map marking two points where the fence could easyly be scaled one is next to a tree line and there is an overhanging branch the other is at the bottom of an embankment and could the fence could be jumped.

"Lilith you have an important job sure you'll miss the first bit of fun but if there is heavy resistance we'll need you and the rest of the team fast also your servalence drones would still be useful."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012