Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I play Shadowrun!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tanegar
I had my first session tonight. Four people, three players and the GM, though apparently a fifth will be joining us at the next session in two weeks. Much fun (and pizza) was had by all. My ork knife adept kicked a moderate amount of ass, including kicking the snot out of an air spirit and torturing a beautiful female assassin. I leapt from a speeding van onto the top of a speeding car, which immediately ran off the road and crashed because our mage set the driver on fire. We all failed many, many perception rolls and made a few stupid decisions, but still managed to achieve the immediate objective. Woohoo!
ICPiK
Congrats! Chummer and welcome to our world. SR is one of my favorite things and i will be playing tomorrow and know I'm gonna have a good time. And remember mistakes are always a learning experience as long as you live to not repeat em.
Lordmalachdrim
Welcome to the shadows and enjoy your stay.
Psikerlord
yeah have a blast, adepts are great fun.
pbangarth
QUOTE (ICPiK @ May 2 2009, 09:32 PM) *
And remember mistakes are always a learning experience as long as you live to not repeat em.

Hey, you are guaranteed to not repeat them if they kill you.
lordnth
114 posts and you're just playing your first game?
I'm going to assume you posted a lot today or really haven't been reading these threads to know that you really shouldn't fail your perception tests...
...wait...
A third option. You're GM doesn't read these threads and it's ok to fail that many perception tests...

LOL

Welocme to SR. I'll warn you. You don't visit ShadowRun. It holds you hostage. It's held me since I first read the fold out promo flyers by FASA in the late 80s.

And work on those perception rolls will ya? Before you Drek us all. wink.gif
Digital Heroin
I'm having bad flashbacks of one of the PCs in an old game of mine having his sniper try and do a flying kick off the roof of a speeding van to a Shaman who'd just broke cover. Then again that was the same game one of the guys told everyone they had to accept he was the leader or he'd blow himself and them all up.

Anywho... too much LSD in my past, apparently... keep enjoying the play.
Aaron
QUOTE (Tanegar @ May 2 2009, 09:18 PM) *
My ork knife adept kicked a moderate amount of ass, including kicking the snot out of an air spirit and torturing a beautiful female assassin. I leapt from a speeding van onto the top of a speeding car, which immediately ran off the road and crashed because our mage set the driver on fire. We all failed many, many perception rolls and made a few stupid decisions, but still managed to achieve the immediate objective.

I mentioned this part of your post to my fiance, and her response echoed mine: yep, you're playing Shadowrun. =i)
Murrdox
When we first started playing SR4 last year, after I gave my players their first Karma award most of them spent some of it by putting points into Perception. Also, Computer. They figured since they weren't hackers they didn't need any computer skill, which proved incorrect when they tried to do the most basic of Matrix searches.
ICPiK
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 3 2009, 06:59 AM) *
Hey, you are guaranteed to not repeat them if they kill you.

That's a pretty strict learning curve! But I guess your right LMAO.
BookWyrm
Welcome to the shadows, Tanegar. Here's your coupon for a free drink at Dante's Inferno (subject to event change).
SincereAgape
Sounds like a story to tell the fellow newbs at the Cathcode Glow. Maybe we wont' have to wait 60 minutes before getting into that club. Welcome to the high known as running the shadows omae. As my old friend Argent used to say, Live Hard Die Fast.

Snow_Fox
as long as your GM is gentle it only hurts the first time, then it's lots of fun
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Tanegar @ May 2 2009, 11:18 PM) *
I had my first session tonight. Four people, three players and the GM, though apparently a fifth will be joining us at the next session in two weeks. Much fun (and pizza) was had by all. My ork knife adept kicked a moderate amount of ass, including kicking the snot out of an air spirit and torturing a beautiful female assassin. I leapt from a speeding van onto the top of a speeding car, which immediately ran off the road and crashed because our mage set the driver on fire. We all failed many, many perception rolls and made a few stupid decisions, but still managed to achieve the immediate objective. Woohoo!

I will quote a funny little flying boggle I saw in an old 2D Sci Fi movie: "I hope you didn't kill anybody I KNOW, eh?"
Is there any OTHER kind of female assasin in Shadowrun? *playful wink*
Welcome to the shadows.
You can always tell how much time somebody has spent in the shadows by checkinh their new character's sheet: Perception at WHAT?!
aftershock
Welcome to the shadows chummer your life will never be quite the same again
Have fun and enjoy
Machiavelli
Yeah, welcome to the shadows. If you need a friend on the dark side...let me know.^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012