Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about "Everyone's Your Friend"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Gabreel
Hey guys, new to Shadowrun and newer to the forum. Have a question on a mission I'm GMing this weekend. My question is when to really deliver the requests to join the Corporations. Do I just randomly pick corps and hand the player cards and this kinda spices up the mission cause they try to achieve these extra tasks or do I wait until the end of the game and depending on who completed the tasts on their own gets the invites?

The text from the mission is here:
The following are the secondary objectives for
affiliates of each organization. Unless otherwise
noted, a PC’s secondary objective(s) will be delivered
after the team has agreed to take the job offered
in A Mile High and Falling or New York, New York.
Secondary objectives are always delivered discretely
(e.g. by encrypted text message, by an agent of the
corporation, via Mindlink spell, etc.), but never mention
the reward to be given upon completion.

Thanks for the help guys! Hoping this all works out for the mission to be alot of fun!
- Gabe
Dashifen
Moved this to the SR Missions forum. Sorry for any confusion.
DireRadiant
Ah, tricky one.

A PC can start a Mission with or without an affiliation.

1. PC starting Mission scenario without an affiliation.
For a PC starting the mission without an affiliation, if during the course of the mission they achieve the listed secondary objective they are offered that affiliation.

2. PC Starting Mission has an affiliation.
If the PC starts the Mission with an affiliation, after the initial job offer scene, and before they complete the mission, they will be asked to fulfill the secondary objective. If they achieve the secondary objective there may be a reward.

For the GM the sequence is
Start the Mission.
Offer the job to the PCs.
After the PC accept, review the sheets and check for affiliations. If any PC has one, they will be asked to achieve the secondary objective.
Run the Mission, tracking if any PC achieves any secondary objective.
Finish the Mission
For any PC achieving the secondary objective, offer that affiliation if they don't already have it, or offer the reward for completing it if they started with that affiliation.

Yes, PC can take as many affiliations as they would like.
Wasabi
I'm but a player but I can't repeat it enough: Goals from one affiliation may be to undermine another affiliation and its not always obvious. Multiple affiliations can be a bad thing to the unwary so all you players... accept affiliations with care. smile.gif
Gabreel
Thx Dire, that's what I thought but after you read the missions 3 or 4 times over you start to think maybe the phrases mean something other than what you thought they meant the first time. I'm so stoked to do these NYC missions and my party is too!

Gabe
Redmond Larry
It appears to me that if you already have an affiliation but happen to complete the side objective for another corp you may be offered another affiliation. I'm not sure, however, if GMs are doing this much yet.
BishopMcQ
Redmond--GMs should only offer one new affiliation per Mission to a runner, but yes, if you were offered a Renraku affiliation in 03-00, you can earn a NeoNET affiliation in 03-01. (Presuming you complete the necessary tasks)

Players are encouraged to sell out to whomever they wish to (based on completing the necessary requirements). As Wasabi has mentioned, you may want to think about how many ways you are dividing your soul up when you sell it.
Silver12
Question - can you begin play with an affiliation?

I am about to play my first SRM3 mod (3-00) and have a contact that is an NYPD, Inc Official (loyal 2, conn 4). Was going to work into my background that he does odd jobs for that official - so an NYPD affiliation makes sense...

Not completely clear on how this works for starting characters - can I only get offered affiliations after completing the first mod?

Thanks!
DireRadiant
You need to accomplish the secondary objective during the mission in order to be offered an affiliation. Prior to doing a mission you cannot have accomplished a secondary objective. It is possible to not ever get offered an affiliation because you never accomplish the secondary objective.

What you can do is ask your contact if there is something you could do as a favor, or what kinds of things your contacts organization would like to have happen, and if he tells you, you have a clue. But you still probably won't know exactly what the objective is during the course of the mission because you haven't gotten the affiliation yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012