Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting the Streets - OOC thread
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
PirateChef
This is for all OOC discussion on my SR4 game, Hitting the Streets
Mickle5125
have/are you running a recruitment, or do you already have a group collected?
BlackHat
I was wondering the same thing, and figured someone else would ask. smile.gif Or the pre-gathered team would start posting. wink.gif
remmus
I´m a throwing in the "are ya recruiting?" token into the hat too
PirateChef
Sorry, should have posted more detail. These threads are for the game discussed here:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=26179

And I am currently recruiting.
Captain Aardvark
Are we supposed to Rp who we contact and stuff in the IC board now?
Night Jackal
What day is the game?
PirateChef
The game runs on sundays at 6pm CST via Maptools.

Right now the group is as follows:

Gene (Spazz451) - Face
Aardvark - Medic / Demolitions
Remmus - Mystical Adept
Renegade - Gunslinger Street Sam

The group could use a hacker / rigger or a full mage.

Yes, the IC forums are for you to use to do legwork and RP with each other.

Meatbag
QUOTE (PirateChef @ May 19 2009, 11:51 PM) *
The game runs on sundays at 6pm CST via Maptools.

Right now the group is as follows:

Gene (Spazz451) - Face
Aardvark - Medic / Demolitions
Remmus - Mystical Adept
Renegade - Gunslinger Street Sam

The group could use a hacker / rigger or a full mage.

Yes, the IC forums are for you to use to do legwork and RP with each other.

This group..Needs a hacker/technomancer thingus badly. Granted, there are lots of NPC script-kiddies running around, but they cost money.

I'll see what I can rig up if this game's still open. Are you using any revised rules for technomancers?
PirateChef
QUOTE (Meatbag @ May 20 2009, 08:44 AM) *
This group..Needs a hacker/technomancer thingus badly. Granted, there are lots of NPC script-kiddies running around, but they cost money.

I'll see what I can rig up if this game's still open. Are you using any revised rules for technomancers?

No special rules, just base book sr4. I do allow things out of other books, pending GM approval.
Meatbag
Abigail "Spaz" Dalicandro

[ Spoiler ]

Questions:

Where did your character come from? Who were her parents and what did she inherit from them?

She's never met her father, Alexander, but she knows he's a UCAS military man. She's read all his e-mails and seen all the pictures - always in eye-bleedingly sharp dress blues. Abby would've enlisted herself, but her mother, Erin, (a far less glamorous Matrix security consultant) would never allow it.

As ethnicity goes, she's a Seattle-bred mutt, running the gamut of pasty-white Europe and adding a dash of amerindian.

What would your character's parents say about her?

Her mother meets her current "career" with pointed and overwhelming indifference. She's a loving woman, but wants nothing to do with the Shadowrunning lifestyle. Abby hopes that her father would be proud of her skills, but realizes it's just as likely he'd call her an educated thug.

What historical events does your character remember? How did she react?

Abby's only 25, so while she was alive to hear of Dunkelzahn's death, she wasn't in much of a position to care. While most everyone with an ounce of worldly sense was in mourning, she utterly failed to grasp the gravity of the situation. She still doesn't regret it.

Crash 2.0 hit her far harder, striking right at the cusp of an intense Miracle Shooter game and sending her into Matrix withdrawls. When the full gravity set in and those responsible were revealed. she quickly cultivated a hatred for militant luddite sorts.

How did your character become a Shadowrunner?

In brief? One-fourths thrills, three-fourths money. it's awfully hard for a SINless woman to learn a trade, much less get a proper job. She was the Miracle Shooter Champion of Seattle in 2068 (thanks to obsessive training and 'ware as much as anything) but that doesn't pay well at all.

SINless + trigger-happy + broke = Runner.

What is your living space like, and how have you made it your own?

Let's not mince words here, it's a shithole apartment in the ass-end of Seattle, and deadbolts abound. Regardless, it's an extremely squared-away shithole. There aren't any pictures on the walls, and there's only one wide-screen trid, but the place is kept as tidy as she can keep it short of moving out.

Which corps does your character like the most? The least?

Let's be clear, they all leave a trail of slime, but some are a lot less dodgy than others. Renraku is mostly focused on security, and that keeps folks out've my business, which is a great idea. NeoNET, on the other hand, is just shifty - have you heard about what they're doing with Technomancers?

How does your character know her Contacts?

She and M-Path met through GamersUNITE! a good eight years ago now, though he only came out as a Technomancer within the last three. She considers him a friend first and a contact second, though he's provided several pieces of software and info - including that ugly rumor about neoNET.

She found Karmakaze's blog while running an offhanded data-search for the latest in radical eco-nut platforms. They're not exactly what you'd call "close", but they've exchanged corp dirt and rumors often enough to build rapport.

How did your character get her shadow name.

Oddly enough, it's not a reference to her twitch-gamer reflexes, but to a harrowing three-minute firefight with a refrigerator crate on her first run.

*More to come as time allows.*
spazz451
Sorry, I am out this Sunday. I had spaced off that it was Memorial Day weekend and I will have a yard & house full of people. I should be available Monday in case things are happening then.
Warcry
Sorry, I will be away as well. I will be back next week, though.

Renegade
Captain Aardvark
So there won't be a game this week then?
PirateChef
Hmm... maybe. I'm around, and the server is up, drop by and we'll see what's happening.
Meatbag
Y'know, it may be easier on all involved if we declare this a full-on PbP. It'll be slower, mind, but it neatly dodges scheduling issues and sudden time constraints - I'm sure we can all manage a couple posts a day, right?

Just a thought. I mean, we already have an OOC and IC thread set up.
Warcry
For Reference, Renegades char sheet is at the following:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=126801

Let me know if you have any problems viewing it.
PirateChef
Server is started, so feel free to come by.
Inncubi
Ah, finally I get to post on Dumpshock. Silly, dumb old "Computer illiterate" me hadn't validated the account.
Anyway, I wrote an e-mail to Chef regarding the possibility of joining the game.
If there are vacancies I'd love to join in.
I'll be working on the sheet and I'll post it here asap, if there's approval.
Inncubi
Alright, finished doing the sheet.

Here for revision. Check the gear closely because the sheet can hide it. Just cliking on it allow you to see the whole thing:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=131716

PirateChef
Server is up

Shadowrun 4e - Hittin' the Streets

I'm afk for a bit though.
Captain Aardvark
QUOTE (PirateChef @ Jun 14 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Server is up

Shadowrun 4e - Hittin' the Streets

I'm afk for a bit though.

Having problems logging on.
PirateChef
Try it now
Captain Aardvark
Edit:
Scratch that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012