Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May Chat transcript
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
tarbrush
Um, slight threadjack. There was a bunch of stuff in the chat about the Paladins get punked. When/did this happen, and where do I read about it please?
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ May 18 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Every time Catalyst hints at a release date, corporate enemies hire a bunch of runners to futz up the release date.

Hey, as much as I love the product, money is money...
martindv
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 17 2009, 05:43 PM) *
Yeaaaah...

I guess I must be an idiot then. I had to go all the way to the fourth line of the transcript to see this:
JohnDunn> Today we'll be hosting an in-character chat held on the ShadowSEA forum with several of the JackPoint posters joining in to discuss the Vice release.

What ever was I thinking?
Ancient History
Okay, not sure what you're getting at. You said something, I agreed, now you appear to be sniping.
deek
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 18 2009, 10:20 AM) *
Take it from someone who has run a young adult ministry for seven years. There's never an ideal time for any extra-curricular activity, be it weekend or weekday. It's best to just pick a time and hope people are dedicated enough to show. Start playing the "what day would be ideal" game and it leads to madness.

I agree. I just suggested trying a weekday once. Set the date and time and see what happens.

I know if I'm at work during the time and am not in a meeting, I'd be more inclined to participate. My gut tells me others would, too. Worst case scenario, less than 17 people participate...no biggie.
Red_Cap
QUOTE (tarbrush @ May 18 2009, 08:26 AM) *
Um, slight threadjack. There was a bunch of stuff in the chat about the Paladins get punked. When/did this happen, and where do I read about it please?

We haven't heard about it yet, that I know of. There's been a lot of changes in Tir Tairngire that we only know about due to casual shadowtalk or the BBB intro history, and not much detail has been put out.
Malachi
QUOTE (deek @ May 18 2009, 03:05 PM) *
I agree. I just suggested trying a weekday once. Set the date and time and see what happens.

I know if I'm at work during the time and am not in a meeting, I'd be more inclined to participate. My gut tells me others would, too. Worst case scenario, less than 17 people participate...no biggie.

I concur. If the chats happened during the week I would be able to attend. Considering they are right around my lunch hour I could take a "shifted" lunch and no one at work would care, too. However, considering the majority of the people doing the JP people are freelancers with other jobs during the day I can understand how it might not be possible, but I'll throw my vote out for a weekday chat.
TKDNinjaInBlack
Yeah, I have to apologize for the obligatory "Ask for X and Y when talking about Z" question about Running Wild and the Corp book.

To be honest, I don't even need a release date, but an answer like "We've finished layout on Running Wild" or "We are still writing sections of the Corp book and Seattle 2072" are enough to keep me happy. Hell, like at the chat, I pretty much even knew the answer to my question already, but was just trying to give a little prompt for some teaser bits. Just talking about what's down the line gets me all giddy.

Other than that, I got some great insight on the lingering astral form (we only catch the end of that question) after a body dies and some good feedback about some nitpick questions about Emergence dates (thanks Bobby and Stephen).

Other than that, it was my first IC chat as well, and I still haven't read Ghost Cartels yet (I own the dang thing but haven't had time to read it yet) so I felt a bit out of place and out of material to ask not even knowing who came out on top in the underworld during the aftermath.

I can think of tons of questions NOW about what I could have asked (remembering it was about crooks and the cops who love to hate them) about prisons, Hollywood correctional, sec squad toys and tactics new since AR, etc. Oh well, maybe next month.
Adam
QUOTE (TKDNinjaInBlack @ May 21 2009, 11:43 PM) *
To be honest, I don't even need a release date, but an answer like "We've finished layout on Running Wild" or "We are still writing sections of the Corp book and Seattle 2072" are enough to keep me happy.

Watch our blog at shadowrun4.com. If you're obsessive, watch our twitter account at http://twitter.com/catalystgamelab
hermit
Good thing I missed it, Netcat is even more annoying in a chat than she is in books. Same with Slamm-O, but that waqs last month's chat.

Corp Enclaves, Runner Havens, Basic Book, System Failure, some tidbits in Feral Cities and Ghost Cartels.

How? Well. Aside from the fact people seem to assume everyone has to hate elf states and there is a need to make settings "more accessible" (equals to making them lawless munchin playgrounds where 'consequence' has been deleted from teh dictionaries), the devs needed some place for their Sue, inc. (aka Horizon) to call their own, and made it the Tir. In short, it happened courtesy of SR's current Dork Age.
Method
QUOTE (hermit @ May 23 2009, 06:18 AM) *
...the devs needed some place for their Sue, inc. (aka Horizon) to call their own, and made it the Tir. In short, it happened courtesy of SR's current Dork Age.
I'm not sure I follow you, hermit. Care to elaborate?
The Jake
I don't get the Dork Age reference either.

- J.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012