Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Space
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Backgammon
So I just finished playing Dead Space for the xbox 360.

It's a survival horror action game. TOTALLY not my genre. These kinds of games stress me out so I tend to stay away. So having said this, I'm now going to tell you Dead Space is one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's seriously awesome. The production values of the game are through the roof. The SOUND is insane - hopefully you have a surround sound system, cause it's going to be used. The story is good, and the gameplay is awesome. There's shooting, but there are puzzles to.

It's best described as Event Horizon meets Aliens. It touches on all the nwer trendy transhumanism and space horror elements that anyone eagerly anticipating Eclipse Phase is going to love.
Wesley Street
I bought it used last week but I haven't played yet. The store clerk was raving about it. When I'm through Call of Duty 4 this will be next on my play list.
blindfox
one of my favorite things about the game is the fact that it completely removes the HUD so typical of a shooter. this simple device serves to immerse me further into the game than normal. honestly i have to agreee that this was one of the best games ive played in the last year and couldnt stop raving about it to all my friends. if you haven't played it yet my advice is to give it a try; you won't be disappointed wink.gif
Wesley Street
Yes! This game is so full of the awesome it's not even funny. If you buy one console game this year, make it this one.
The Yeoman
I loved this game. It really amps up the self-awareness sense. Also, about the non-existant HUD, the whole thing reminded me of SR's description of AR, because screens and menus pop up in front of your character, which I thought was a nice touch. Highly recommended.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012