Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Runnin' With The Big Boys
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Vegetaman
If you're interested in a decent-paced Shadowrun game played over AIM... Then this games is for you. I'm Co-GM of said group, and this will pretty much be our "OOC" base (outside of e-mail & IMs) in case somebody is lookin' for somebody, or somebody wants to join up and all the like.

Anyway, if you're interested - post here, and leave a short list/description of character types you like to play.

Also, if interested contact me on AIM at:

DarkVegetaman101

And the GM, Wolf, on AIM at:

Teige Ryan

nuyen.gif
FrozenWolf
Hi. This is FrozenWolf (aka TeigeRyan), Executive Gamemaster of Shadowrun Forever.

Conatct me (TeigeRyan) or DarkVegetaman101, Co-GM in charge of Marketing over AIM. So far, nobody has ever quite because they didn't like it, and what do you have to lose? A few hours of your time?

All I need from you is a few hours per week, a bit of devotion, a desire to add to our ever expanding storyline, and two forms.

Visit the site at http://www.digitalusa.net/scrhall/ and Register your Interest, and register for the group, today.

If you want to e-mail me, or the otherexecutive e-mail aimggsrvi@excite.com, the group mailbox

cyber.gif
HMHVV Hunter
I'm DEFINITELY interested in this!

As far as character types, I've got a lot of 'em:

-A sort of Ash from "Army of Darkness" type character (street sam)
-A Boondock Saints-style adept gunslinger
-A psychologically-scarred ex-military street sam

I'd love to do this. I've been looking for an online group ever since I quit my last one.
kevyn668
On board. Character to follow.
Leowulf
Ok, stupid questions:

I don't have to download AOL software to get AIM do I?

The download doesn't install CRAP like 'Try AOL! New Version 9.0!' icons on my desktop or adware/spyware does it?

--------------

Also, what times do you play?
Raiko
I might be interested, but I also need to know what times you play.

I live in the UK so in might be time-zoned out. frown.gif
BewilderedGM
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)

I'd love to do this. I've been looking for an online group ever since I quit my last one.

Does anyone else see a pattern in these stereotypes ? talker.gif

ehehee just struck me as funny that the types he thinks off are people that are waaay out there grinbig.gif

anyways was a sidenote
Spookymonster
I'll throw my hat in with Skee - Fox shaman and professional thief.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (BewilderedGM)
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Jan 18 2004, 12:31 AM)

I'd love to do this.  I've been looking for an online group ever since I quit my last one.

Does anyone else see a pattern in these stereotypes ? talker.gif

ehehee just struck me as funny that the types he thinks off are people that are waaay out there grinbig.gif

anyways was a sidenote

I'm not sure if that bit was supposed to be trash talk or a compliment.

Either way, these are the characters that I think would be fun to play, and that's all I really have to say to you about that.
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, I just read the site.

If the games really are being held on thursday as the site says, then I'll have to drop out. I have a 6:30 - 9:20 class on thursday nights.

Is that when the games are being held, or is it likely to change?
Vegetaman
If you download AIM, you can trash the ads it puts on your computer. I am not aware that it installs spyware; as I don't think the idiots that made it are smart enough to program them in. biggrin.gif
Tanka
Sorry to break in, despite the fact that I'm not signing up...

They are smart enough. How do you think the AOL crap keeps coming up even after you delete it? If they can make an entire IM client, I think they could put in spyware just as easily, if not much easier.

And, no, AIM has no spyware. Just a lot of crappy ads.
FrozenWolf
To all:
I apreciate all you replies, but I would also like to see an ROI from each of you.It is on the web site hub. Times and days we play is set by what is best fro the group.Right now it is thursday 8-11, but that is going to change to fit the needs of the players

HMHVV Hunter:
The charcter types sound good. And I will tell you right now, the third will fit right into the group. We do have a quite a few of those, but then if you mission is to start or war or generic destruction...

kevyn668:
Good. I looks forward to seeing it, but if you want to send a charcter, rather then posting it, use the forms on the site, please.

Leowulf:
Not AOL, go to www.aim.com,and it will insert ads but they are usually easy to delete. esecially if you dl a copy of Ad-aware, or Spybot S&D from cnet.

Raiko:
Well, we are mostly in the US and we play using times in Eastern standard Time. Which is GMT-05:00, and the UK is GMT-00:00(it is where Grewnich is....)so all times will be 5 hours later.And since we have been 8-11 lately that would be 3AM-5AM, which would likely be incovienent, but the time will change.

BewilderedGM:
Just lay off him. That is the foundation of most SR teams.... It certainly is on this one.

Spookymonster:
Does anyone not love shapeshifter. I think that would make 3, but 3 is not too many ,I have had like 4 before.

HMHVV Hunter:
As said before, time will change
Vegetaman
QUOTE (tanka)

They are smart enough. How do you think the AOL crap keeps coming up even after you delete it? If they can make an entire IM client, I think they could put in spyware just as easily, if not much easier.

And, no, AIM has no spyware. Just a lot of crappy ads.

I hate to get off the subject; but still... If the guys making AOL/AIM had THAT much skill - it probably wouldn't suck so bad.

But anyway, we'd love to get you guys into the group and start this wheel of fate.

HMHVV Hunter - Didn't I play with you in a run back on the OLD Shadowrun board???

*waits for FORTUNE to appear* nuyen.gif grinbig.gif
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Vegetaman)
QUOTE (tanka @ Jan 18 2004, 08:48 PM)

They are smart enough.  How do you think the AOL crap keeps coming up even after you delete it?  If they can make an entire IM client, I think they could put in spyware just as easily, if not much easier.

And, no, AIM has no spyware.  Just a lot of crappy ads.

I hate to get off the subject; but still... If the guys making AOL/AIM had THAT much skill - it probably wouldn't suck so bad.

But anyway, we'd love to get you guys into the group and start this wheel of fate.

HMHVV Hunter - Didn't I play with you in a run back on the OLD Shadowrun board???

Yeah, it was "The Mob Rules." Unfortunately, like most board games, it died before it really got started frown.gif
Vegetaman
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Jan 18 2004, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (tanka @ Jan 18 2004, 08:48 PM)

They are smart enough.  How do you think the AOL crap keeps coming up even after you delete it?  If they can make an entire IM client, I think they could put in spyware just as easily, if not much easier.

And, no, AIM has no spyware.  Just a lot of crappy ads.

Yeah, it was "The Mob Rules." Unfortunately, like most board games, it died before it really got started frown.gif

Hey, I still may have my GM notes for that! The Mob Rules... One of 5 games I had ready to go.

I'm thinkin' about restarting it as a board-only RPG.

I ran Home Turf on gamefaqs - it went over fairly well; but they were ill equipped to deal with gangers.

Yeah, just before the new board alot of runs just crashed and burned. cyber.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Vegetaman)
*waits for FORTUNE to appear*

Oh, I'm here. nyahnyah.gif

I've been reading since the first post went up, and read everything on the web site as well. The problem is the time frame for live games, with me being on average 17 or so hours ahead of US EST.
BewilderedGM
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)

I'm not sure if that bit was supposed to be trash talk or a compliment.

Either way, these are the characters that I think would be fun to play, and that's all I really have to say to you about that.

Wasn't trash, was just an attempt at a joke sarcastic.gif

disregard it please
Vegetaman
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Jan 19 2004, 08:10 AM)
*waits for FORTUNE to appear*

Oh, I'm here. nyahnyah.gif

I've been reading since the first post went up, and read everything on the web site as well. The problem is the time frame for live games, with me being on average 17 or so hours ahead of US EST.

That's a shame - it would've been fun to have you along Fortune. nuyen.gif
HMHVV Hunter
I would prefer playing either my Boondock Saint or my Ash character simply because I think I'd have more fun with them than the scarred sam.

Oh, also, I gotta talk to the GM about possible custom gear for Ash (one piece of gear, and it's a weapon; I got a feeling the answer's gonna be no, but I just have to ask).

FrozenWolf
I am here and watching. akthough an IM would be preferred (over AIM).

But I will say this about gear right now:

Up to availability 8: No Problem

9: Only 2 allowed, give me an explanation.

10: only one allowed-- give me an explanation (and make it good), or spend 2 building points

11-20: Spend 4 building point, and give me an explanation

21-30: Spend 6 building point, give me an explanation. Also use this for deltaware (beyond maybe a datajack), or for cybermancy (see me at any rate)

As for Boondock Saint/Ash, I would need a better description then that- which may be used in the regsitration form. But anyway, I will list the type as "Soldier". I arrange the group by Area Specilaist (Covert Op, Thief, and so forth), Magic User (above physads), and Soldier. So long as yours is a soldier any type would like be fine. Just be prepared to give my a psych profile.
Spookymonster
QUOTE (FrozenWolf)
Spookymonster:
Does anyone not love shapeshifter. I think that would make 3, but 3 is not too many ,I have had like 4 before.

No no no... Skee's not a Fox shapeshifter, he's a shaman, and Fox is his totem. Sorry for the confusion smile.gif.
Vegetaman
Ahhh, the memories come floodin' back to me. wobble.gif
phelious fogg
Im interested..
FrozenWolf
Attention all active poeple on this board:

I don't want you to think I play by SR3 rules. I use a hybrid of SR2 and SR3, so you may be unfamiliar with some of my rulings. This effects riggers, deckers, and mages mostly. But I also use SR 2 companion building point based charcter creation.
FrozenWolf
Okey, I need some info here:

HMHVV Hunter, SpookyMonster, PheliousFogg: You have both contacted me over aim, so we are doing fine.

Kevyn, Leowulf: If you do intend to join, what type of charcter do you want to play?

BewilderedGM, Raiko: Well, One of you is 5 hours ahead of us, the other is about 6, and normially our games begin no earlier the 6 (Eastern Standard Time, in the US), which mean midnight to ne. Due to more collage student it has been starting at 8, which is about 2 or 3 AM. But I will post the time here when I get one.

Fortune: If you are on 17 hours ahead of us as you head, then the games would be at start between 11AM, and 3PM. I don;t know if this time is good for you (but it is unfortunatly bad for most people with a real life, unlike me), but once I get your registration of interest (linked to Huband some e-mails, I can request some schedules,a nd then I will know when to schedule.

Anyone I forgot: Sorry but this board hasd been open for only 2 days with about 24 repies (not that I am complaining cyber.gif biggrin.gif cyber.gif )

Let me know
HMHVV Hunter
By the way, about that form:

I don't know the SR2 build point system, only SR3's.
FrozenWolf
Thank you. I forgot to mention:: anyone that needs help for Charcter Creation will find a good deal of help on the page it self. And I am often online at some point, to help. I will even fill out the form, if you don't want to.
Vegetaman
*isn't too familiar with SR2 rules himself* frown.gif
kevyn668
Sorry to waste your time. I'm going to formally withdraw. I hope to work w/ you in the future!
FrozenWolf
frown.gif Well, okey. Thanks for you interest though.
Vegetaman
No problem.
FrozenWolf
I would like to recive a schedule from everyone here, or by e-mail, or IM, ASAP. Tnx.
Spookymonster
I think I'm going to have to drop out as well. Maybe next time?
FrozenWolf
That is a pity.

Right now the registratiuon is as follows: TeigeRyan (FrozenWolf), DarkVegetaman101 (Vegataman), CirclMastr (Not here), PheliousFogg, Fr1gg1nFrenchie (Not here), And PaulAtreides18 (HMHVV Hunter).

Out: Fortune, Raiko (I think), SpookyMonster, Kevyn

Uncertain: Leowulf (who hasn't commented in a while), Bewildered GM (who is in a poor time zone for our group)

As for time-- If I wrere to work on the exact schedules I have right at this moment. I would be forced to conclide the best time si tiesdays after 5PM EST, which means no earlier then 10PM in Greenwich, and 11PM in Copenhagen. (which could be worse, but then we could break up as late as 10PM (3AM/4AM).

I am still lloking for schedules, HMHVV, and the two not here have ROIed but have no made thier charcters. I am ciurrently working n the page to include information thqt I have up to now. I will post (and send out my standard e-mail) when that is done.
FrozenWolf
The page has just been updated to include all of you, the a/s/l/tz & e-mail on the encrypted pages (members, addtab), and e-mail wil be sent on this including passwords for the pages, and your PINs. If you decide to opt-out after toady, YOU WILL NEED YOUR PIN, since I have had had people opt-out and then say "It was my little brother", or "Someone else has my password" and so on, so if you can, memorize it (or write it in a secret place like the bottom of a dresseer drawer), and then destroy the mail, as utterly as you can think of. Also if I include a place on the page, which has information, you an only you should know, you wil need your PIN. To see how this would work, you can look at the construct information page. (http://www.digitalusa.net/scrhall/sr/consinfo/index.html - It isn;t linked to the page currently, but it is there, the hidden page can be accessed by enetering Ab12345)

[For those of you who know the web well can figure out, the program is very simple, and easy to circumvent, by seting favorites, but when you reaplce index with codelink the system can be effective, and it works better then passwords for individual access situations.]
FrozenWolf
I would like to thank everyone who has been posting here over the past few days. After working 12 hours a day since this board went up filling out charcter sheets (dead.gif), I am happy (smile.gif) to say I have prepped 15 characters (eek.gif) (100% on 10 of them, and all but Knowledge Skills on 3 more.)

Unfortunatly (frown.gif) many people think 15 character is too many, but almost all people will agree it is plenty, or more then plenty. So for the first time in the history of Shadowrun forever (since 5/20/00), there is a recruitment freeze.(indifferent.gif)

However I will try to post something here on a regular basis, and everyone is welcome to watch the group on ignore status (at least until the room is full.)

TTYL. Bye if I don't see you. (spin.gif)

cyber.gif cyber.gif cyber.gif FrozenWolf
Vegetaman
eek.gif 15 characters! eek.gif

Even I didn't realize we had THAT many...
Vegetaman
Everybody check your e-mail. Game time for this week will be up soon. smile.gif
FrozenWolf
Game time is set at Tuesday, at 6:30 PM EST. (Or 11:30 PM GMT, figure your offset)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012