Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sensor Tests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
This may have been covered before, but I'm not finding specific topic.

Target
Range: Short 0
Visibility: Partial Light -2
Metahuman Signature: -3
Active Stealth: Agi(4)+Infil4) Buying hits for arguments sake +2
Total: -5 Dice and opponent must achieve more then 2 success's.

Rotorcraft
Perception: +4
Sensors: 0
Total: Roll -1 dice. (Can't spot unless you use Edge.)

Stick my head out the window
Low Light Goggles: Nullifies Low Light Penalty.
Looking out the window: Per(+4)+Int(+4)
Total: Roll 5 die. (Need 2 success's to spot.)

So with a vehicle using standard sensor package from Arsenal pg.105 and sensor rating 0 is nearly useless. While if the pilot wears one sensor (goggles with low light) he's more likely to spot his target if he just pokes his head out the window? Am I missing something? Is Intuition used with vehicle sensor check?
Night Jackal
Your missing the Observe in Detail adds +3 dice.

Also there is a difference in sensors picking someone up since it uses multiple imagining, heat signatures, etc.... and some guy using his eyes and gut.

So your poorly equipped Rotorcraft won't see him but the guy with goggles driving looking out the window will do just fine since he is not making a sensor test but a perception test with enhancements.

Sounds right to me...will teach you not to rely on poorly equipped machines. If the Rotorcraft had a good sensor package it would be harder for them to sneak by.

Also the "Stick my head out the window" the Metahuman Signature: -3 does not count either as its not a sensor test but a standard perception test.
kigmatzomat
You missed the part about drone sensors, cameras in particular, being able to be upgraded with enhancements like other working gear (e.g. goggles or earbuds). Also drones can be equipped with the Clearsight soft. Many come with it by default.

So if the drone had lowlight and image enhancement +3 and a rating 3 Clearsight 'soft that would be:
3 sensor + 3 soft +3 enhancement - 3 metahuman -0 lowlight =6 dice vs 8 dice. That makes it a whole lot less certain.

But drones usually mean riggers. If a rigger's jumped in with a skill of say 4, possibly with the VCR and/or hotsim bonus and the drone could be rolling:
3 sensor + 4 skill +2 VCR +2 hotsim +3 enhancement - 3 metahuman -0 lowlight =11 dice vs 8 dice, advantage drone+rigger.

If the rigger only has lowlight on the camera or isn't hotsim it is still a more or less even match.

Drones are mediocre but cheap. Have a drone net where Tacsoft (unwired) can be used and add another +1 or 2 dice, plus the off chance the other drones will max their dice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012