Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestion: Sticky, locked thread on "Getting Started in Missions"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Wasabi
With an overview and links to useful things. Just a thought to make it easier for new folks to get their feet wet. smile.gif
TranKirsaKali
Hey Wasabi, what you trying to do here? Make life easier or something for the new comers? grinbig.gif

I second this idea. There are a decent amount of threads with new comers asking how to get started.

Caine Hazen
Or we can ask the coordinaters to make sure that this here is updated and point people at it. Since its what the web site is forand all.

We mods generally frown on stickies, it makes places all messy.
Wasabi
Dumpshock is a universal site people return to. Shadowrun4.com is where GM's and folks ALREADY IN missions go to for additional info. Your target audience (those not in SRM's) aren't going to shadowrun4.com nearly as often as Dumpshock so place the actual advertising where the people are!
the_dunner
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Jun 13 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Dumpshock is a universal site people return to. Shadowrun4.com is where GM's and folks ALREADY IN missions go to for additional info. Your target audience (those not in SRM's) aren't going to shadowrun4.com nearly as often as Dumpshock so place the actual advertising where the people are!

I'm not sure what you're saying here. The Dumpshock community is a very small percentage of Shadowrun players, much, much smaller than the number of people that regularly visit Shadowrun4.com. While it's certainly true that many of the most dedicated Shadowrun fans are active on Dumpshock, it is categorically untrue to state that most Shadowrun players not involved in Shadowrun Missions are on Dumpshock.
Wasabi
Those that already go to Shadowrun4.com are good-to-go, certainly. Its getting the word out to dumpshockers that prompted my suggestion. If there are other venues monitored by SRM staff then maybe they deserve a stickied, locked thread too. I'm not trying to poop on anyones parade here... I'm just suggesting that it could help expand the SRM community. Yeesh.
Cadmus
Ok...intresting points, all that aside, As dumpshock is its own entitiy then if a sticky would help new and old dumpshockers then that should be the point. If people spend tehre time on other SR sites, thats fine but stickys on those sites are an issue for those sites, a sticky here is for the use of people who use this site,

But thats just me, Back to cave to peer out of the darkness and plot agenst you all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012