Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prototype
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
The Jake
I bought this game from EBGames the other day. And I love it.

I've never played a character in a video game that ever felt this goddamn powerful. Not even in Baldur's Gate where I had a whole party of 30+ epic level characters.

Discuss.

- J.
nezumi
I've never even heard of it before. What's so good about it? What sort of a game is it? (And how much does it cost?)
paws2sky
One of my players was telling me about this the other day. From what he said, you're this guy with weird, gross superpowers, mostly shape shifting, super-strength, and psycho levels of damage resistance. At one point, you develop the power to turn your arms into tentacles, which can do all sorts of odd things.

Sounded cool to me.

-paws
Maelstrome
you are essentially playing a character that functions as the baroque i created for sr last august.

one of my friends plays it. ill probably pick it up after im done with baten kaitos 1&2.
Blade
Advent Rising made me feel like my character was really powerful too: toward the end of the game you weren't wondering how to kill the enemies but how to do it with most class. And sending enemies into space with a flick of your arm is just too good too pass.
Iji had quite the same effect when I played as a full offense character, but it also felt like I was just a blood thirsty psychopath who liked genociding an alien species.
The Jake
You play an amnesiac character who is irrevocably altered. He looks human but is anything but. He can shapechange himself at a molecular level into almost anything.
Hands can be turned into scything talons, hammerfists, whiptails, shields. Skin altered to hardened armor or turn into anyone he consumes. The consuming is the best feature - since he is amnesiac he is trying to learn about his past. Basically you grab people, absorb their DNA and in doing so, their memories. You also have super strength, super speed, insane agility and gliding features. There are even more powerful attacks but that is the crux of it.

The character is stuck in NYC amidst the center of a viral outbreak. Military black ops teams are mobilised to contain the virus on the island. The viral outbreak resembles something from 28 Days later. You're hunted by the Infected and the Military and basically just get to tear up an entire city trying to learn what happened.

It is a very clever game though (and gratuitous).

- J.
KarmaInferno
You can jump and karate kick helicopters to death.

Do I really need to say more?

Yeah. The game is awesome. I have sunk way more hours into it already than I would have expected, and I'm still not bored.

Not to give anything away, but the final boss fight involves running aroung, and throwing helicopters and missiles at the bad guy, like you were some kind of incredibly messy Incredible Hulk. Which makes sense, since the game plays almost exactly like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which the company ALSO made.
hyzmarca
I checked out a couple of videos. It's funny that a guy in camouflage BDU and a balaclava can run around a major city performing superhuman feats and knocking down pedestrians and no one who sees it thinks it's the slightest bit odd.
Adarael
Yeah, that's a bit disbelief-shattering, but gameplay wise it makes the game a hell of a lot more playable than if the military realistically decided to smear you every time you leapt 50 feet straight up.
Cthulhudreams
The really moronic thing is that there is even a mechanic for 'noticing' who you are if you do super human stuff in front of people, but picking up cars and throwing them around doesn't do anything, right until the moment when you kill a military guy y with the car - at which point everyone notices.

Also, disguising yourself as being a military tank driver and hijacking a vehicle doesn't get noticed. Using that vehicle to fire on another vehicle doesn't get noticed. But the moment you actually kill the other vehicle everyone is all over you like a rash.
KarmaInferno
Doing non-lethal super stuff does get noticed. It's just that if you're disguised, they don't immediately seem to realize it was you doing it - soldiers will race to the scene and start looking around, but pretty much ignore you unless you A) drop disguise, B) Hurt someone, or C) the little bar next to your disguise icon fills up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012