Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NYC - Missions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
WarMachinez
Hi everyone,

Ok, so here is my situation. I havent played SR4 much, maybe two sessions. But at the moment I am fed up with D&D and I really want to start playing SR again. So I got myself a group: 2 experienced players with SR 2 and 3, and 2 players who have never playe anything but D&D (I was able to convince them to try this out). A group of 4 is perfect for me and so far my 2 experienced players wish to play a Shaman and a hacker. So the new players have access to the easy "street sam" without overlapping over the others.

Here are my 2 questions:

1: What would be the best material or approach to inform my new players of this 207x setting? Any favorite parts in the book? Anything on the forums?

2: Do you believe that the NYC Missions are appropriate for my group? and for me?

Thank you for your responses and advice.
DireRadiant
All of the missions, NYC and Denver, are intended to introduce new and experienced players to SR4. They are designed to not require a particular archetype, skills or gear to "defeat" the mission. Using the missions material allows you as a GM to concentrate on working on mechanics and game background and fluff with players rather then worrying about the NPC and other adventure materials.

I do recommend you make the NYC or Denver setting material available if you use the Missions, and for the new players the introductory history sections of the rule books are probably the best to read to pick up on the genre and setting.

Welcome to Dump Shock.

And don't forget the FREE Quickstart Rules
WarMachinez
Thanks for all the info DireRadiant!

So we should start char gen this weekend and the game next weekend smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012