Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missions at DragonCon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
RobertB
A lot of us are very interested in running as many new Missions events as we can at DragonCon, but according to the chat, that doesn't look probable. I've posted about this issue here: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=817066

I'm hoping that Bishop and Aaron could use their vast influence smile.gif to get us more than just a couple of new missions at that con since there's such a solid fanbase there every year.

Robert (aka Spanner)
DireRadiant
Ah, you need to get Catalyst to attend DragonCon or get a Catalyst Demo Team member who has done Origins and Gencon to attend DragonCon or have the DragonCon GMs come to Origins or Gencon.
Wasabi
What would it take to have that stuff instead be Priority Mail'd to Kai?
TranKirsaKali
Ok I am mainly posting to this to bump it back up the list. But also hoping for an answer. Dragon Con has been having an increasing number of Missions and regular Shadowrun players. I really don't want to see this start to decline because they are not getting more new games. There are a lot of really decent and loyal players at the con.
Aaron
We're currently trying to work something out. Can't promise anything at this stage, though.
TranKirsaKali
Hey I am happy with the response of we are trying. I know it is close to Gen Con and may be difficult. Hopefully things will work out for the best for everyone. embarrassed.gif
Halabis
Hey, I've run Missions at several Dragon Cons, and every year they tell me to go sign up to be an official missions runner. I do so every year and never hear back. If you guys need me I'll be there and willing to run stuff again this year.

-Saleem
RobertB
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jul 5 2009, 12:05 PM) *
We're currently trying to work something out. Can't promise anything at this stage, though.

This is great news Aaron! Thanks for looking into it. We appreciate the effort even if you guys can't make it happen.
Aaron
Again, no guarantees, but we're working on it. Meanwhile, it might not hurt to vote with your wallet and buy some of the Missions that are available, if you haven't already. I hate to say it because it sounds kinda markety for my tastes, but more sales would be a convincing argument to the Powers That Be to bring Missions to more conventions.
Silver12
Ok - a little off topic, but still related!

I've never attended DragonCon before, and am used to the simple sign up on Warhorn type cons.

If I'm interested in attending solely to get some SRM missions under my belt, how do I sign up for slots? I realize they may not be open yet, but any information appreciated...

Thanks,
RobertB
QUOTE (Silver12 @ Jul 6 2009, 09:07 PM) *

I've never attended DragonCon before, and am used to the simple sign up on Warhorn type cons.

If I'm interested in attending solely to get some SRM missions under my belt, how do I sign up for slots? I realize they may not be open yet, but any information appreciated...

Thanks,

The DragonCon site has a simple registration system. Get all your badges and stuff squared away and register with the gaming system. Once you've done that, check back frequently to find out when gaming registration goes live.
TranKirsaKali
QUOTE (Silver12 @ Jul 6 2009, 09:07 PM) *

Thanks,

What Robert said with some extra advice. Buy your tickets fast. They sell out with in the first day of the tickets being availible. The gamming section makes it easy to just look up what you want to play and buy the tickets for it. And if you don't get all the games you want, don't be afraid to buy generics and ask to get in games. The GM's have been really good at being willing to run more than 6 people at a table.
Kai
There has been a multitude of mis/lackof communication about Missions, Catalyst, and Dragon*Con so far, still working it all out smile.gif

Saleem, you are on my survey list from last year that I was going to email about GMing, if you talked to anyone else about volunteering, they didn't talk to me(see above!) smile.gif If you're good for 20hrs, consider yourself volunteered if you're still up for it.

If you guys were there last year, we will have our same separate room this year, with an added hang out area, as games will be assigned tables before they are even submitted so everyone will know where they are going and there will be less confusion about which game is where at what table.
Wasabi
Thanks, Kai, keep the updates a-comin'!
TranKirsaKali
See this is why we love Kai!
SwampGator
Kai, thank you for all you do.
RobertB
QUOTE (SwampGator @ Jul 14 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Kai, thank you for all you do.

This Bud's for you!
Wasabi
QUOTE (SwampGator @ Jul 14 2009, 06:57 PM) *
Kai, thank you for all you do. Want some shiiiiine?

Fixed!

Cadmus
I shall dedicate the next soul I devour to you Kai.
Kai
Beer, shine, and souls....this sounds like a recipe for either an epic night out or a bad B horror movie, and I couldn't tell you which biggrin.gif
Cadmus
why can't we have both?
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (Kai @ Jul 16 2009, 10:58 AM) *
Beer, shine, and souls....this sounds like a recipe for either an epic night out or a bad B horror movie, and I couldn't tell you which biggrin.gif

I thought in the past it was just known as "Thursday Night"?
Kai
Events are posted to Dragon*Con's website with as much info as I have at the moment smile.gif I believe tickets go on sale on the 1st of August, happy buying!
BishopMcQ
And yes, Missions will be there.
Cadmus
more then 2?
BishopMcQ
If I recall correctly 03-03 through 03-10.
RobertB
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jul 29 2009, 01:03 AM) *
If I recall correctly 03-03 through 03-10.

That is great news! Thanks so much to everyone who worked to make this happen!

Robert (aka Spanner)
Kai
Yep, 03-05 twice over the con, and 06-10 three times each.

And got approval for layout, so the way the room will look is like this:
[img]http://kai.blackboxchaos.com/pics/DCLayout.jpg[/img]

We'll have a nice board/sign that gives table numbers for games so you know where you are going for each slot, and between games or just hanging out, you guys can chill in the section set aside for that. We won't have extra tables, so games will have to fit at single round ones, but we should have a bit more elbow room in general too.

RobertB
QUOTE (Kai @ Jul 29 2009, 01:14 PM) *
We'll have a nice board/sign that gives table numbers for games so you know where you are going for each slot, and between games or just hanging out, you guys can chill in the section set aside for that. We won't have extra tables, so games will have to fit at single round ones, but we should have a bit more elbow room in general too.

Going to be in the Hilton again this year Kai? I read that gaming was in both the Hilton and Sheraton.

Robert (aka Spanner)
Kai
Yep, in the Hilton in 'our' room, formerly the Carter room, now apparently Hilton 301 smile.gif
kanislatrans
and so will the wife and I... grinbig.gif

I suggest setting things up as early as possible, especially hotels and travel. The wife booked ours back in march. I noticed the last time I checked the Dragoncon site that most of the hosts were booked or almost booked..
TranKirsaKali
Cadmus, If you go to the D Con web page you will find 03-03 through 03-10. And 3 sessions of each! grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012