Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SNES Shadowrun prototype up on Ebay
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
ravensmuse
SNES Shadowrun prototype cart for sale on ebay.

Saw this through a video game collection website I frequent. Thought people might be interested. Sale's good til the 12th..
Wounded Ronin
That is pretty hardcore.
ravensmuse
That's some hardcore cred too.

"See, mine is better because it's a proto..."
Adarael
"It's definitely Israeli, despite what the case says."
Tanegar
Anybody else notice that he took the cartridge apart? That makes me very nervous.
ravensmuse
Really, that's not that weird. Carts are easy to pull apart and put back together if you have the right screwdriver, and you have to do it with carts to ensure that the gold contacts are still in good shape. A few of them don't even have the carts themselves; you're bidding on nothing more than the circuit board the game is programmed on to.
JTNLANGE
QUOTE (Adarael @ Jul 7 2009, 11:44 AM) *

Classic rotfl.gif

How many people on this board will catch this?
Link

QUOTE (JTNLANGE @ Jul 7 2009, 09:22 PM) *
Classic rotfl.gif

How many people on this board will catch this?

Top of my head, Fixer contact comment from SR1??? Or something like that.
Link
Regarding the SR game-pak, what's a working SNES worth these days? The UK version looks pretty ugly.
ravensmuse
Twenty or thirty dollars - at least that's the median I've seen around here in Boston. I ended up getting mine for around that price five or so years ago at a Gamestop.
Adarael
QUOTE (Link @ Jul 8 2009, 06:31 AM) *

Top of my head, Fixer contact comment from SR1??? Or something like that.

Yep! smile.gif
DWC
QUOTE (Adarael @ Jul 8 2009, 12:29 PM) *
Yep! smile.gif

Which was stolen from the Gibson short story "Burning Chrome", in the anthology of the same name.
Link
QUOTE (DWC @ Jul 8 2009, 04:41 PM) *
Which was stolen from the Gibson short story "Burning Chrome", in the anthology of the same name.

Intrigued, I looked up an ebook of Burning Chrome and searched for the quote (the word Israeli actually) and alas could not find it.
Link
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Jul 8 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Twenty or thirty dollars - at least that's the median I've seen around here in Boston. I ended up getting mine for around that price five or so years ago at a Gamestop.

I'll have to settle for the PC version.
Thanee
I already have a regular cartridge of that game. That's good enough for me (especially considering I do not have a SNES). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Link @ Jul 9 2009, 05:17 AM) *
I'll have to settle for the PC version.

Honestly? Find some garage sales / yard sales / flea markets. You'd find one for less than even that. I know one guy at our local flea market sells 'em by the truckload for ten.

I'm just saying what the ebay median is smile.gif
Link
My regret of the SNES years was never seeing the SR game for sale so I'll keep an eye out. Maybe Thanee will sell his copy.
ravensmuse
On a slight tangent, you know what I want?

One of these.

As my gf just put it, "you are such a nerd."
Zolhex
Just spend I think it was 50 bucks and get a dou system it palys both nes and snes games works great.
Hocus Pocus
I have the original cartridge and game as well for the snes, they are collecting dust in the closest behind me. Sega version was better. and uber mage/decker/street sam? :O
SincereAgape
This game was the bomb.

Still remember obtaining Drake's LTG number, calling him up, and having him curse me out no matter what I asked him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012