Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SUNY New Paltz Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Mr. Mage
I go to SUNY New Paltz for school and was wondering if there is anyone that would be able to make the trek their for an SR4 game. I would be willing to GM but could just as easily play with another GM. And yes, I am aware of this thread for Hudson Valley players and am awaiting a reply, but I usually don't have a way to get to poughkeepsie on a weekly basis so that my not be a viable option.

I'm mostly looking for people within walking distance of New Paltz.
Lass
I know a few people in that area that might be interested. Keep me up to date and I'll pass it among to some of my friends.
Mr. Mage
I will do so...It is possible that I will try to GM my own game. I love being a player, but I've been a GM for so long and for som many games that it's just what I expect to do now.

Can you imagine playing DnD and not knowing what character class to choose because you have literally played NPCs of ALL of them and you know their stengths, weaknesses, quirks, etc? Sometimes....being a GM takes the mystery out of being a player....*sigh* oh well
Lass
Sadly I know that feeling well... I usually end up GMing because most of my friends are either too lazy to read the books or are Epic Fails behind the screens - "You Will Roll Zee Dice Now Or Suffer Zee Conzequencez" (Thats my Nazi voice btw)

Still playing can be great is given the right environment to really develop a story and get into the whole RP of it all. But Im a RPer at heart so I guess its a matter of gaming style.

Cheers
Lass
Mr. Mage
I love RP, especially in Shadowrun. Most of the jokes I tell at a gaming table wouldn't actually have been used in a fantasy setting like DnD...y'know, pop culture, politics, etc. But it fits into Shadowrun nicely, since its 60 some years in the future. I usually play the odd jokester kind of character...no matter what he actually does (Mage, fighter, stealthy, etc.)

And I'm really glad for right now, because while I'm home I actually have a competent Gm running the Shadowrun game. Too bad that will end when I go back to school...oh well...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012