Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Catalyst Games hold the rights to Pirates?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Lance Hawvermale
With the closing of Wizkids last year, whatever became of the Pirates Constructible Strategy Game? I thought I heard a rumor that Catalyst was negotiating for certain Wizkids properties . . .

Thanks!
nezumi
I don't believe Catalyst picked up that title, so it would still be with Wizkids. Whether it's in negotations for something else, that's a completely different question.
Mr. Mage
You mean I'm not the onyl one who tried to play that game? Wow!

I tried it onc or twice, but was never able to get other people interested in it...too bad really, it was a cheap and easy to play strategy game too... I play Warhammer 40k as well, and that game is tons harder to learn and costs a helluva lot more!
Caine Hazen
Nope, you're not the only one... got tons of stuff myself.

Catalyst didn't get any of the rights, they just continue to license from Wizkids. So yeah, the rights ares till there with Wizkids.
Mr. Mage
Eventually I just started setting them up as a sort of "Battlefield" diorama. Some of them actually float too!
Cheops
Between Pirates and A&A: War at Sea I've been using them to represent Airship battles in Earthdawn. I use the Age of Sail Pirate ships to represent wooden airships and use the destroyers from WW2 for the stone airships. We use a variant of the Pirates rules to run our battles. Players love it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012