Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Exchange
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
TranKirsaKali
My husband is wondering if the Exchange is still availble as a contact in NY. He was running it before.
TranKirsaKali
Bump, still hoping for an answer as to the Exchange contact. Is is still viable in the new missions?
Aaron
Sorry, must have missed that.

The rule has been that old "freebie" contacts from previous campaigns do not carry over to new ones. By this rule, all SRM02 contacts, including the Exchange, cannot be carried over into SRM03.

That said, there's a fair argument that since the Exchange isn't a local contact by any means, it should be allowed to carry over, not to mention that a) I happen to like the Exchange and b) I happen to be the guy that wrote it in as a contact in the first place. The other side of that coin is that it would set a precedent that could eventually mean that the Coordinator(s) would have to go through the list of all possible contacts at the end of a campaign arc and decide what goes and what stays. Add to that the fact that we try to lean heavily toward the KISS principle, and it doesn't look good for the Exchange.

I'll put it on the agenda for Sunday's Missions Meeting, though, and we'll get back to you.
Cadmus
bummer, becouse I was in a game were this question came up at dragon con 08, oh well gess I don't have the contact then lol
Aaron
We talked it over, and here's the ruling.

The bad news: your Exchange contact from SRM02 is burned, just like the rest of the SRM02 contacts.

The good news: you can buy the Exchange as a contact at character generation, following the rules given in Runner's Companion. If your character has already been generated, you will have to find a way in an upcoming adventure to reconnect to the Exchange network.
Cadmus
ah ok, well thanks for the info...mmm now need to snoop the next few games
TranKirsaKali
Thank you for the reply. Now my hubby will be searching for the exchange again.
Wasabi
Its on page 130, upper left corner.
Redjack
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jul 27 2009, 01:45 PM) *
The rule has been that old "freebie" contacts from previous campaigns do not carry over to new ones. By this rule, all SRM02 contacts, including the Exchange, cannot be carried over into SRM03.
Your wording here struck me funny, so I'm sorry if I come across as obtuse. Is the rule all "freebie" contacts don't carry over or all contacts (including those purchased with BP) don't carry over? Looking back over the transfer guide even it says "contacts earned" cannot be transferred...

BishopMcQ
Only the freebie contacts earned through Missions (The Exchange, Irina, Mikael, etc.) are burned. If you bought contacts at Character Creation, you still have them, though their usefulness may be questionable if they are still in Denver.

A Data Broker is probably still useful--matrix connections are everywhere, whereas a Coyote who smuggles across the CAS:UCAS Sector Border is less so.
Black Jack Rackham
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 7 2009, 10:44 AM) *
Only the freebie contacts earned through Missions (The Exchange, Irina, Mikael, etc.) are burned. If you bought contacts at Character Creation, you still have them, though their usefulness may be questionable if they are still in Denver.

Just to throw a wrench in the works, what if you spent Karma to improve a freebie contact, still burned or not?
Mark
Aaron
Er ... do we have rules for improving contacts with Karma?
Bull
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 7 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Er ... do we have rules for improving contacts with Karma?

In BLack Jack's world, yes. In the real world, not that I know of wink.gif
Black Jack Rackham
Boy one little mis-speak...sheesh silly.gif
Mark
TranKirsaKali
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Aug 5 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Its on page 130, upper left corner.

Wasabi, you are definitely a Brat! LOL love ya!!!!
BishopMcQ
I saw the Exchange recently...best to all of you who found it!
Wasabi
QUOTE (TranKirsaKali @ Aug 20 2009, 02:50 PM) *
Wasabi, you are definitely a Brat! LOL love ya!!!!

:-)
DarkLloyd
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 20 2009, 04:34 PM) *
I saw the Exchange recently...best to all of you who found it!

Sheesh..... Yeah I heard. (After the fact and MUCH too late grinbig.gif)
I was busy with both those " twirl.gif " logic puzzles to talk to anyone tho... lol

Maybe Next year cyber.gif . ChromeMonger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012