Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Overflow players at Gencon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
LurkerOutThere
Hey folks

First thing I need to announce, I have one extra ticket to firestorm a module I got at Origins (Whoops) I would gladly part with it to ensure someone else can have the fun of missions. It's the 8AM friday slot.

Now having said that, I have a group that is chomping at the bit to play some missions. Unfortunately the only ones I have played are later int he release schedule (Firestorm, Jackknifed, In and Out,). At Gencon i'd like to get some earlier ones (Burning bridges especially). If myself and my girlfriend (Red/Robin) to those of you who have met us, show up with Generics in hand is there any chance we can squeeze int o any of the slots? Or are they no overflow, no exceptions no kidding? I understand either way but I'm really trying to avoid eating modules.
DireRadiant
No Guarantees, but we do our best to accommodate. If you got a group and I have an open slot I'd be glad to run Burning Bridges for a group of generics for example. But you are far better off getting tickets for events you want since those are honored first.
TranKirsaKali
Unfortunately Gen con missions sold out rather rapidly. I have all the tickets I could get for the schedual I could put together. I was not able to get into all the missions games that are being run. And honnestly I really wanted to. I am also planing on buying generics in hopes of getting to play in all the missions games at the con. Don't need the ones before 06 fortunately so that should make things easier.
BishopMcQ
As Dire said, there are no guarantees, but I generally run tables of 8-10. Most of the GMs I know do their best to fit everyone in and will run tables of 8. As long as there is an open seat, I think we will find a way to get you into something.
SaintHax
I have a similar problem: me and my buddy GM Hero Games now, and want to get two SRM's in this year to play. However, w/ all the work writing and organizing our events, we waited too long to prereg.

We'll show up on Friday and Sunday morning circling table for people in need of some ~30 karma mundanes or ~120 karma awakened characters to join them.

-Nathan
1Johnny
I can attest that the GM's at Origins did a great job of working folks into table. It did mean that I played at several tables with more that 6 people - which is not my favorite for in character interaction, but a sacrifice that needs to be made sometimes when space is limited. I know there is a waiting list for folks who want to judge at GenCon, so I am guessing there aren't overflow tables easily available for SRM at GenCon, so extra players will likely be looking to play at 8+player tables where they can be fit in.

I had been considering going to GenCon this year for the first time in 10 years, mainly for Missions. But given that I did not pre-reg, I am thinking it won't be worth the time to come down. Kind of a bummer, but if there isn't going to be room to add tables, it sounds like missions are going to be overful.
BishopMcQ
By my understanding, there are going to be 12 tables that run events for CGLs lines, nearly ever waking hour (0800-2200).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012