Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Profile: Dr. Rattler
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
LurkerOutThere
Hello all, here is the back story on my missions character. I don't see anything similar going on so if I have broken some taboo or rule I do apologize. As a note this was a character a slightly mdofied pregen I palyed at Origins, bull and a someone else ran for me. After another runner challenged me to hack his comlink it became clear to me that the pregen wasn't really going to cut it. As had to recreate anyway I decided to get some friends together and run as many of the Denver missions as we could before Gencon. I will also note that among all my sixth world knowledge my NAN knowledge is perhaps the weakest.

//NAN Military Personnel Database

//Classification: Top Secret COmpartmentalized Special Project/Deniable Assets

SIN ************
Name: Kyle Brightfang
Brithplace: Omaha NE NAN
Satus: Honorable Discharge
Primary Military Specialty: Information Warfare

Pre-Service history. Kyle in the son of two respected shamans of the Omaha tribe in the Western Nebraska area. Uncharacteristically for one of his family he was born with no magical talent. In a family so magically dominant he had feelings of insecurity that he attempted to correct through academic excellence and physical training. He enlisted in NAN forces while attending college after growing disillusioned with the quality of computer education in the Sioux territories he enlisted in the NAN military and his aptitude tests placed him in one of the newly formed information warfare units. His first live fire mission against <CLASSIFIED> during <CLASSIFIED> went disastrously although he was credited with keeping it from becoming a total failure after killing or disabling <classified> forces breaching the com encampment. During the associated recovery period he completed his degree and received a boot-strap commission to lieutenant. He also requested his first non electronic warfare related piece of cyberware. Psychological review prior to implementation noted a high level of self doubt relating to his failure to protect his team mates. He felt he must become more then human turning to the machine spirits if the sky spirits had found him wanting. Report also notes a slight resentment and awe towards magically empowered personnel though this is within tolerances and understandable considering his family history. His willingness to be further mutilated for the good of his nation in addition to his existing tendencies for self sacrifice and prior service record reflected positively and the request was granted for titanium bone lacing and wired reflexes as well as a smartgun system for his existing cyber-eyes.

Post service history: After recent budget cuts in the information warfare arena in favor of removed spiders shifted him off the field he became bored and disillusioned with the service. A existing drinking problem already present in his family and worsened in the service came to the fore. He requested and was granted early retirement moving to the PCC and working at a lab there with another former Info. War. officer (See file John Jones) developing tactical software for the NAN military and PCC interests. On a date still unknown due to lack of co-operation from the PCC an attack on the lab was undertaken by deniable assets instructed to extract personnel and data. He saved his own life by disabling one of the "runners" and taking their firearm however pining some of the runners down until corpsec arrived. Unfortunately he witnessed what he saw as the callous and unnecessary murders of his colleagues and friends both by the runners but also by overzealous and under trained security forces. After the attack he requested and was granted a leave of absence with the tacit approval or at least the suspicion of his supervisors that he was going locate and punish those responsible for the lab losses.

He tracked the remains of the runner team to the Denver area over a few months and killed them with a combination of mechanical accidents and small arms or sniper attacks. Thankfully he has made no attempt to contact the PCC openly or the Sioux military and is living under an assumed identity in the Sioux sector of denver although he does use his own ID from time to time and has firearms and a residence registered against it.

Assessment:
Now going by the runner alias Dr. Rattler he is a professional deniable asset who is disciplined and has a reputation for no unnecessary body count. He shows a high degree of loyalty to his employers and has proven he will not betray them even under bribe or duress so long as there has not been deception in his hiring. Subject is suspected to hold a high degree of loyalty to tribe and country and would likely return to the fold if requested or perform operations for us if requested. He also left his employer on relatively good terms and while they undoubtedly know where he is and what he is doing they have made no effort thus far to recover or discipline him, likely because they see him in the same way we do.

Physical description: A tall slender Native American man with blonde hair suggesting a mixed anglo heritage. He prefers to dress in jeans and often sports a cowboy hat. and effects a slight southern accent to cover his noticable sioux accent. He speaks several languages and is considered to be highly intelligent. While extensively cybered most of it is not visually indicative other then his datajack. He two tatoo's both rattlesnake related one is a coile around his upper forearm matching similar ones by his family. Another in the style of the Gadson rattlesnake adorns his left bicep.
TranKirsaKali
It is a good and thourough background dosie. It tells a lot of what the millitary thinks of you. My question would be how do you think of yourself?
Wasabi
Well thought out, sir!
LurkerOutThere
QUOTE (TranKirsaKali @ Jul 14 2009, 09:56 PM) *
It is a good and thourough background dosie. It tells a lot of what the millitary thinks of you. My question would be how do you think of yourself?

Well "the good doctor" tends to think of himself as a hard man for a hard world. Given his belief system and prior profession, info warfare operators already break the law, he doesn't see anything particular wrong about his profession as a shodowrunner, having said that because of his past history with shadowrunners he values discretion, doesn't kill unnecissarily, and shows a high degree of loyalty to those who deal with him fairly.

So in short his bigest adjustment for life in the shadows is he's trying to build that unit community he used to have.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012