Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats it take to have a car in manhattan?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
LurkerOutThere
So tonight i'm going to re-read the rotten apple but having read everyones your friend I got the opinion that cars are highly restricted in the five burroughs. What does a character need to have one, a high level (resident) lifestyle and fake license to stick it to? I apologize if this is printed somewhere else.
Cadmus
simply the correct ID's and a vehicle pass, So, a fake sin and a fake vehicle pass, permits at 600 for a lvl 6 don't forget smile.gif

DireRadiant
Or lots of spoofing.
Wasabi
Could you explain how the spoofing would be executed? Since I play a TM the spoofing option intrigues me. smile.gif
Aaron
Stephen and I agree that Cadmus has it right. Well, DireRadiant has it right too, although his way is more tricksy.
Cadmus
my way takes less game play time smile.gif remember 4 hour block,

That and the next few missions games where i get pay outs i think i'm going to be putting lots of cash torwards sins and permits, I want to wake up and think, who do i want to be today, hehe
Wasabi
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Jul 18 2009, 10:14 AM) *
Could you explain how the spoofing would be executed? Since I play a TM the spoofing option intrigues me. smile.gif

* bump *
BishopMcQ
In a nutshell, by hacking the gridguide system and convincing it that your vehicle is supposed to be there. Spoof sensors and broadcast a transponder signal that matches a licensed vehicle of roughly the same make and model.

Remember that to get licenses for a vehicle, the modifications you make will change the legality coding. If you put any Forbidden mods in, there are no licenses for it. (It's hard to fast talk the NYPD patrol officer that the HMG on the hood is really just a decoration and completely an aesthetic choice.)
Cadmus
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jul 19 2009, 10:56 PM) *
In a nutshell, by hacking the gridguide system and convincing it that your vehicle is supposed to be there. Spoof sensors and broadcast a transponder signal that matches a licensed vehicle of roughly the same make and model.

Remember that to get licenses for a vehicle, the modifications you make will change the legality coding. If you put any Forbidden mods in, there are no licenses for it. (It's hard to fast talk the NYPD patrol officer that the HMG on the hood is really just a decoration and completely an aesthetic choice.)

please, who keeps a HMG on there car, pffft, losers, we use concealed MGL 6's first off! and second, the HMG is on the troll in the back,

but really,

NYC is a police state, Rule 1, dont' get caught, Rule 2. camras, lots of them, so it simply be easyer to buy the fake sin and vehical pass then to keep having to spoof,

but thats just me. smile.gif granted i can't afford more weapons at the moment any how., hehehe,

DireRadiant
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Jul 18 2009, 09:14 AM) *

Register a sprite and assign it the task of scanning for vehicles it can use for a series of cycled spoofed transponder signals. Essentially using a sprite as a GridLink Override, which you could also install as hardware.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012