Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 8th world
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
WyldKnight
I cant remember where I saw this, but I am pretty sure that I did, but there was a new system coming out based in the 8th world. I've been trying to find it again but I have failed numerous times. Anyone else hear about this or was I dreaming?
Backgammon
You must be thinking of BattleRun. It's not a real system, it was a (somewhat useable) April Fook'S joke.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jul 19 2009, 06:58 PM) *
You must be thinking of BattleRun. It's not a real system, it was a (somewhat useable) April Fook'S joke.

"It's still real to me dammit!"

BlueMax
/obscure?
Bull
Actually, wasn't Red Brick doing a sci-fi game along these lines?

Ahh, here we go... From The Age of Legends site, toward the bottem...

More Information on Equinox
By Dammi Published: August 15, 2008

Equinox is a roleplaying game set in the dark future of the war-ravaged Eighth World, published by RedBrick Limited in cooperation with FASA Corporation. The first release, Equinox: Long Shadows of Earth, is in the final production stages, and will be released by the end of this year or early 2009.

We have set up a small teaser site, featuring information to sweeten the wait and give you a glimpse of what the game will hold for you!

Find it here: www.equinox-rpg.com!

There's not really much on the Equinox website right now though,.
WyldKnight
Ahhh there we go, thanks Bull. I actually just found the site and was coming to I had found it. Looks interesting but I think I may get my fix from eclipse phase....or a mix of the two. That would be fun.
Synner667
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Jul 20 2009, 02:17 AM) *
I cant remember where I saw this, but I am pretty sure that I did, but there was a new system coming out based in the 8th world. I've been trying to find it again but I have failed numerous times. Anyone else hear about this or was I dreaming?

There are 2...
...Equinox and Eclipse Phase, both involving the 8th world.

Equinox avoids reference to Shadowrun, Eclipse Phase avoids reference to Earthdawn...
...As mentioned in this blog post.
Critias
I'd rather play BattleRun. frown.gif
BlueMax
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 20 2009, 05:15 AM) *
I'd rather play BattleRun. frown.gif

Agreed.

BlueMax
Grinder
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 20 2009, 04:18 AM) *
Actually, wasn't Red Brick doing a sci-fi game along these lines?

Ahh, here we go... From The Age of Legends site, toward the bottem...

There's not really much on the Equinox website right now though,.

Work on Equinox had been hld back becuase of the recent release (and prior development) of Earthdawn 3. But now that the core rulebooks of that are at the shops (and off to the pritner in case of the Companions) work on Equinox will start again. smile.gif
Dammi
Hiya!

QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jul 20 2009, 02:08 AM) *
There are 2...
...Equinox and Eclipse Phase, both involving the 8th world.

Equinox avoids reference to Shadowrun, Eclipse Phase avoids reference to Earthdawn...
...As mentioned in this blog post.

Actually, not quite. Eclipse Phase has nothing to do with the 8th World and bears no ties to the other games (other than being written by Shadowrun authors).

Best,

Dammi
Bull
QUOTE (Dammi @ Aug 27 2009, 06:29 AM) *
Hiya!

Actually, not quite. Eclipse Phase has nothing to do with the 8th World and bears no ties to the other games (other than being written by Shadowrun authors).

Best,

Dammi

At best, since there's no magic really, I'd say that you might be able to say that Eclipse Phase is the 7th world (Magic Down Cycle), But yeah, no real correlation here. AFAIK, EC isn't designed tor relate in any way to ED or Shadowrun, beyond the normal ties to the real world.

Bull
WyldKnight
Awww, I was hoping for some magic with my sci fi. Well...I suppose if me and my buddies want to we could always work up a magic system for it, it's really not that hard compared to most of the other stuff we've done. Getting my pdf/book EP combo tomorrow, can't wait.
BishopMcQ
Wyld--There is Psi as I recall, which allows some unnatural things. I haven't played or read through the EP stuff extensively so I'm not sure how much you can do with it.
WyldKnight
Yup, I read that too but I have yet to download the pdf to see how far it goes. I guess the easiest thing to do would be renaming the Psi magic and calling it a day but thats the lazy mans way out.
InfinityzeN
Have the PDF. Yes there is psi in it and you can easily call it "Magic". EF is actually closer to Transhuman Space mixed with some CoC (the Titans). Humans with psi have been corrupted by the same computer virus that corrupted the Titans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012