Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EATR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Neraph
So apparently, a company has made a drone that is capable of identifying, obtaining, eating, and extracting energy out of biomass, as detailed further here. So, do you think my Otomo can order salads at the bar, just like normal people now?
Cray74
More to the point, can you consume the flesh of your fallen foes and continue your steam-powered rampage? wink.gif
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Cray74 @ Jul 21 2009, 12:25 PM) *
More to the point, can you consume the flesh of your fallen foes and continue your steam-powered rampage? wink.gif

Unfortunately, human biomass is rather moist which makes it difficult to combust for energy.
Neraph
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jul 21 2009, 08:43 AM) *
Unfortunately, human biomass is rather moist which makes it difficult to combust for energy.

They aren't combusting it. They're harnessing a natural chemical reaction and drawing power from that. Basically, they are drawing energy from the process of decay. Which meat does as well as vegitables.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Cray74 @ Jul 21 2009, 01:25 PM) *

Actually: yes . . which is still mind boggling enough to me . .
Did they not see MAtrix/Terminator? <.<
Neraph
What's interesting is that the robot they have is strictly a vegetarian.
Stahlseele
I knew it!
Nothing good can be vegetarian!
*runs for his life*
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jul 21 2009, 04:37 PM) *
They aren't combusting it. They're harnessing a natural chemical reaction and drawing power from that. Basically, they are drawing energy from the process of decay. Which meat does as well as vegitables.

Check page 6 of the presentation[PDF] for information. See the "Biomass Shredder" and "Combustion Chamber" boxes with an arrow leading from one to the other. Note no labelled "Digestion Organ" box. It burns biomass as an alternative form of fuel, and animal bodies contain too much water to be appropriate fuel.

So, the question is whether we need a "Feed Self" autosoft to implement it in SR4.
Neraph
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jul 21 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Check page 6 of the presentation[PDF] for information. See the "Biomass Shredder" and "Combustion Chamber" boxes with an arrow leading from one to the other. Note no labelled "Digestion Organ" box. It burns biomass as an alternative form of fuel, and animal bodies contain too much water to be appropriate fuel.

So, the question is whether we need a "Feed Self" autosoft to implement it in SR4.

Ahh. Missed that.
Vermithrax
Dessicated bodies wouldnt be a problem. I can envision a drone designed to kill and store corpses until they are "ripe" and useful for fuel.
Thanks, I think I just found my next horrific scene for my players. biggrin.gif
Jhaiisiin
So include a dehydrator in the process, and boom, can eat humans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012