Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumpshock 2009 Gen Con Meet n Greet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Bull
Ok, as I said in the "Who's going?" thread, this is last minute and I know a lot of our schedules are a mess this year. So plotting anything is difficult at best, but we should at least make a token effort. So lets throw out a ball and see what we can get going...

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm liking Claddagh as our initial location for the Meet n Greet. The couple times we've gone there with a group, the crowds weren't too horrible, we managed to find enough seating fairly quickly, and the food and booze was good. We'll use Ram as our fallback. the Ram is more centralized so it tends to be pretty busy, whereas Claddagh is kinda off away from the convention center a block or two.

This is a good map of downtown Indy.

THis is a good map of downtown Indy with the Claddagh marked on it!

Couple other links:

http://visitindy.com/indianapolis/web/jsp/...howhide&p=1

http://www.claddaghirishpubs.com/

Why don't we say 9 PM on Wednesday Night, and we'll hang there until we all stagger home, pass out, or they kick us out? Wednesday's not the most ideal day, since I know some folks won;t be in till late that night or the next day, but... With my schedule as chaotic as it will be, I dunno when else I can even make solid plans for.

If for some reason Claddagh is booked up, closed down, burnt down, or whatever, we'll aim for The Ram. If that don't work... Well, it wasn't meant to be. smile.gif
nylanfs
I'm all for it! smile.gif
john_doe
Good times to be had by all. You can count me in.
Time
Had a blast last year, so shall try and be in attendance.

Guess I gotta start posting more smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Bull--In the last several years, I've some how avoided ever going to the Ram. Looks like this year will continue the tradition. See you at the Claddagh, then I only have to wander 100m to get to my hotel.
Bull
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jul 27 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Bull--In the last several years, I've some how avoided ever going to the Ram. Looks like this year will continue the tradition. See you at the Claddagh, then I only have to wander 100m to get to my hotel.

The last couple years we've gone to the Ram for Lunch/Dinner on Sunday after we left the show, before we left town. Good time to go, not crowded, and a nice relaxing way to close out the convention.
Tiger Eyes
I'll be there. But I'm nominating McQ and Bull as my bodyguards--strange bar and a bunch of strange gamers... wink.gif
Stahlseele
It will probably end up being the other way around *snickers*
Dashifen
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Jul 28 2009, 05:24 PM) *
I'll be there. But I'm nominating McQ and Bull as my bodyguards--strange bar and a bunch of strange gamers... wink.gif

We're not *that* bad!!
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Jul 28 2009, 09:55 PM) *
We're not *that* bad!!

Speak for yourself... the rest of us have a reputation to uphold around here twirl.gif
Cygnata
Nimbex was arranging a Wendsday night dinner, last I heard, at one of the nicer steak places in town. Maybe the two events could be combined?
Redjack
Looking forward to seeing everyone this year! Bringing the wife for her first GenCon so I won't be running, but I am looking forward to the Wednesday night Claddagh hanging out and playing a few games!
Bull
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 8 2009, 11:55 AM) *
Looking forward to seeing everyone this year! Bringing the wife for her first GenCon so I won't be running, but I am looking forward to the Wednesday night Claddagh hanging out and playing a few games!

Cool!

Storm coming up this tear too? Or is she finally sick of all the nerds? smile.gif
Redjack
She's in Army training, so no, she won't be able to attend (she sure wished she could get leave to do so though).
Bull
Damn, Army? Wow. Impressive smile.gif
Redjack
No wait. You're not impressed yet.. M.P.
DireRadiant
I'm feeling really old now.
Bull
Claddagh Indy has a Facebook Page. I am amused. And according to that, they're keeping the kitchens open till 2 AM during Gen Con, and will have a special menu for gamers. smile.gif
Stahlseele
Ugh, Gamer-Food?
You guys are gonna kill your colesterol levels *snickers*
Bull
Meet & greet went very well. I think we had somewhere around 40 people show up, between Dumpshockers, SR GMs, and some general Gen Con Friends. Was fun, though a bit chaotic and we were a bits cattered. I got lots of pics, so I'll post them when I get home.

Thanks everyone!
DireRadiant
Next Year, more whiskey.
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Aug 17 2009, 11:09 AM) *
Next Year, more whiskey.

You are my bestest freind EVER!!!
Adam
I'm sorry I didn't make it out to this. I had a really rough day on Wednesday and ended up sleeping up most of the evening, and then I dashed to the Diana Jones awards and after that, more sleep. smile.gif
LurkerOutThere
I wasn't even aware there was such a thing going on, but then again Robin and I didn't get there until later at night wed.
john_doe
I had a great time. Didn't realize i booked an early Thursday event so i had to duck out earlier then expected, but still had a good time.

Not to mention ya can't pass on 2.50 bottles of Sam Adams...
DireRadiant
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Aug 19 2009, 07:20 PM) *
I wasn't even aware there was such a thing going on, but then again Robin and I didn't get there until later at night wed.

We were there till 1:30 am.... smile.gif
LurkerOutThere
Aye and had I known we would have certainly stopped by. My fault for not checking the thread. Next year though count on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012