Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Date: Shadowrun Anniversary Edition and Dawn of the Artifacts: Dusk
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SincereAgape
Yes. Thank you for taking time to answer or questions, Adam.

It is appreciated.
oboreruhito
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 13 2009, 09:28 PM) *
It's like your waiting in line to pick up food or for a rollar coaster. When all of a sudden a large group approach and cut the line in front of you. I guarantee you'll be pissed off.

I like watching them stumble off and puke, so I'm OK with that. Sorry.
Navarre
Agreed. Thank you for continuing to keep in touch with the fanbase, Adam. I know how busy things must be for everyone at CGL, given the amount of product vs. the size of the company.

That being said, though, I am still somewhat unsatisfied with the resolution on this. I didn't realize that CGL's policy was that if we wanted to be sure we would receive the books near the street date, we should order through a local gaming store, rather than directly from CGL. That flies in the face of common sense, and isn't a thought that would normally occur to me.

Given that we paid for these pre-orders, including S&H, months ago, a response of "oops, it was the printers' fault" doesn't do much to quell frustration at the fact that we could have had them earlier and cheaper by walking into a brick-and-mortar store, rather than ordering from the publisher.

Again, I don't want to sound like I'm hating on CGL. I think they've done great things with SR and I think they'll do more in the future. I'm just venting, and should be largely ignored.
Adam
I totally agree that this is a Not Cool situation, and we've already talked about it amongst ourselves at Ge Con and will be doing so more during the coming weeks. And as a matter of fact, I'm off to do just that. smile.gif
Navarre
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 17 2009, 09:24 AM) *
I totally agree that this is a Not Cool situation, and we've already talked about it amongst ourselves at Ge Con and will be doing so more during the coming weeks. And as a matter of fact, I'm off to do just that. smile.gif

I like the capitalization there, Adam. Found it entertaining, for some reason.

And again, thanks for all the hard work, and for an excellent product.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 15 2009, 07:37 AM) *
Can we expect the PDFs shortly? It's been fairly common practice with a lot (most?) of the previous products to release the PDF at least at the same time as the hardcopy appears and quite often before. I'd really like to buy this asap as I am running a Seattle campaign at the moment and I hate having to either retcon my own setting or keep track of what's different.

I could swear I saw Seattle 2072 sitting on the table for sale at Gencon... what's the point of a pre-order?
Freejack
I picked up my copies of Eclipse Phase (pretty good reading so far), SR4A, Seattle 2072, Running Wild, Dusk, a Doc Wagon Patch, the Blue Dice (missed the Ares ones though frown.gif ), and even got an Ares T-Shirt (there were a lot). I also picked up Deus Ex, Paranoia Black Missions, For Eyes for Delta Green, Judge Dredd for Traveller, a set of All Squirrels Must Be Eaten (and dice), and three CthulhuTech books. I also have several new boxes of dice from Chessex. And a bunch of Cthulhu stickers and such for my bike.

Seattle 2072 had a printer error and one of the pages was blank. At Jennifer's suggestion, I took advantage of that and got autographs from Jennifer, Adam, a note from Rob and Steve (thanks Adam). And Rob signed my Eclipse Phase book. Thanks all for indulging in the fans and thanks for letting me help a little (and for the cookie _and_ genuine thank you handshake).

Most of the stash gets shipped home from my brother's place but EP and 2072 are continuing the ride with me. Don't want to chance losing them in shipping smile.gif

Thanks guys for taking the time to sign the books. Looking forward to 20 more years biggrin.gif This time I'll be more active though.

Carl
Adam
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Aug 17 2009, 02:22 PM) *
I could swear I saw Seattle 2072 sitting on the table for sale at Gencon... what's the point of a pre-order?

We flew over a limited number of copies for the show; the rest won't street for awhile, so Seattle 2072 will go through the normal pre-order cycle for those who didn't get a copy at GenCon.
Omenowl
It is the lack of prior notification that bugs me more than anything. I understand small companies have little pull to get things early and they also have limited staff. Usually this is made up via customer service and trying to make sure their customers are informed. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth to actually support a company and then feel one is screwed on the FLGS competition, the arrival date, and the cost. I feel I was let down and will probably not preorder any further books because of this.
Adam
QUOTE (Omenowl @ Aug 18 2009, 09:27 PM) *
It is the lack of prior notification that bugs me more than anything.

This is absolutely something that will be discussed internally. I'm sorry that this situation has soured you, but if your local game store provides better service than us, then you absolutely should support them -- we have no hard feelings about people supporting their local stores! biggrin.gif
masshysteria
I don't post here too often, but after reading through the thread, I thought I'd chime in.

I didn't except to get my SR4A order prior to street date. I figured it would ship on the street date and I'd have it in my hands a few days later. So, yes, I'm bummed that the soonest it will be shipping is a week later.

There are two real sticking points for me: (1) I ordered directly from where the Shadowrun website pointed me (battlecorps.com) and (2) I paid for the good long in advance. I would think there would be some priority to fulfilling my order.

But, I can appreciate the circumstances and will hold judgment until the transaction is finally fulfilled. Companies make mistakes, what will really determine my future relationship is how they handle the mistake. It seems CGL has learned from the situation so future customers won't have to go through this, this is good. But what I'm really interested in is if any reciprocity is given to those customers who had to live through the mistake. Even a small gesture goes a long way.

Fortunately, I still anticipate the arrival of my order and am hopeful everything works out for the best. Keep your chin up, chummer!

QUOTE (Freejack @ Aug 17 2009, 03:07 PM) *
I picked up ... a Doc Wagon Patch

OK, where can I get one of these?
SincereAgape
I'd like to chime in and offer a suggestion on how the consumer can be compensated for this mishap.

Perhaps a refund of the 16.00 shipping cost would be a nice for those who orderd the book through Battlecorps, but will be getting the book later then those who did attend GenCon or purchased the product through a local game store.

Kerrang
Just throw some of the leftover schwag from GenCon (a patch or something) in my box when you ship it, and I will be more than happy, chummer.
knasser
I hate to let the side down, but my copies have just arrived (pre-ordered, but from a shop) and I find any annoyance I had is entirely dissipated in the sheer glossiness of the book. I find it impossible to maintain my irritation now that I have it! biggrin.gif

This is not meant to be a put down for those that are still waiting. I'm just musing on how happy I am now that I've finally got it. I shall probably strike dead the first player that reaches for it with grubby unwashed hands, however. frown.gif

K.
Prime Mover
Sure sure just keep rubbing that old salt into the wound.....I hardly notice anymore.

Seriously though gratz to those to who have this and the books from Gen Con. Looking forward to all the good stuff we have coming.
Navarre
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 19 2009, 08:54 AM) *
Perhaps a refund of the 16.00 shipping cost would be a nice for those who orderd the book through Battlecorps,

That, or perhaps bump up the shipping method to overnight/next day to decrease the lag time any further.

Just a thought.

Kerenshara
I hope my copy materializes soon so I can participate in the happy-gushy.

I tell you what, guys. If there's still a "error" copy of Seattle 2072 laying around, let me pay you to put it in the box with the rulebook? I'd call that more than even and go so ar as to call it outstanding.

Send me a PM if that works and I'll happily give you my credstick information.

Another option would be to let me buy the PDF early if you are really out of the book.
knasser
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Aug 19 2009, 03:54 PM) *
I'd like to chime in and offer a suggestion on how the consumer can be compensated for this mishap.

Perhaps a refund of the 16.00 shipping cost would be a nice for those who orderd the book through Battlecorps, but will be getting the book later then those who did attend GenCon or purchased the product through a local game store.

I don't know what the profit margins are on SR4A, but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd just asked Catalyst to pay so that you could have your copy of the book.

It's regrettable that this situation has come about (I've only just got my copies today), but I think some people in this thread (not just you, Sincere), have some pretty optimistic ideas of compensation!

K.
BlueMax
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 19 2009, 01:16 PM) *
It's regrettable that this situation has come about (I've only just got my copies today), but I think some people in this thread (not just you, Sincere), have some pretty optimistic ideas of compensation!

K.

I hold that the transaction isn't complete and so there is nothing yet to value against compensation. However, assuming the books arrive in September, what compensation if any would you deem appropriate Knasser?

Asking just to ask, if it offends anyone ignore me.

BlueMax
knasser
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Aug 19 2009, 10:19 PM) *
I hold that the transaction isn't complete and so there is nothing yet to value against compensation. However, assuming the books arrive in September, what compensation if any would you deem appropriate Knasser?

I don't know. I was just pointing out to the poster that asked for them to pay $16 to compensate him, that he may be effectively asking them to lose money on selling him the book. If someone considers that fair in return for the delays, then that's an opinion as much as someone who thinks it isn't. I just thought that the suggestion might have been born out of not considering what it actually meant in financial terms.

There's probably not a great deal that can be done. I doubt any compensation that was feasible would be sufficient to redress any inconvenience caused by the delay of the book. And if the issue is not inconvenience but an irritation or feeling of injustice, then I can only hope that sincere apologies for what has happened are sufficient. I'm not trying to speak for anyone else. I'm just saying where I'm coming from is that any likely form of compensation would be a negative impact on Catalyst, nothing of great benefit to me, so the only real positive outcome to look for is genuine sorries from those responsible (which were given) and efforts to avoid this circumstance re-occuring (which has been promised). If they have a load of DocWagon patches lying around and want to throw one in the envelope to make amends, then I think that would be great (speaking as someone who ordered from a store so wouldn't get one anyway), but I'm not sure what can really be expected. The only thing that would (and did) resolve this issue for me, was getting the book. That was what I wanted and nothing else would impact on my satisfaction / dissatisfaction other than that.

I'm not moralising - I'm just answering the question as best I can about how I would feel on the matter. I ordered from a shop, so I have no especial right to comment on this. And even if I did pre-order directly from them, my opinion would still only be valid for me and my circumstances.

Peace,

K.
BlueMax
Knasser,
As usual, awesome post.

BlueMax
Omenowl
Considering we buy preorders at roughly MSRP rather than at cost I don't think CGL is losing much money by refunding shipping or some sort of "compensation". Truthfully, the money is irrelevant the issue is more principle rather than about actual value. I am miffed because when I ordered I bought the PDF, the LE and the normal version, with the understanding they would be shipped on or before release date. The LE has been delayed which has delayed my entire order. Even if they did ship out the normal and LE in two separate boxes it is the fact I was not notified of the delay until days after it was supposed to have been shipped.

The entire experience left a bad taste in my mouth about preordering. I pay more than I would buying locally or over the internet from an unaffiliated company. One can always download the pdf via torrents. However, CGL is a small company that produces good products and it was my hope my patronage would warrant notification of any problems with my order as soon as they found out there would be a problem.

That said I will sit through the preorder of running wild, which I purchased before this incident. I just don't think I will preorder again because of this incident.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Omenowl @ Aug 19 2009, 11:22 PM) *
Considering we buy preorders at roughly MSRP rather than at cost I don't think CGL is losing much money by refunding shipping or some sort of "compensation". Truthfully, the money is irrelevant the issue is more principle rather than about actual value. I am miffed because when I ordered I bought the PDF, the LE and the normal version, with the understanding they would be shipped on or before release date. The LE has been delayed which has delayed my entire order. Even if they did ship out the normal and LE in two separate boxes it is the fact I was not notified of the delay until days after it was supposed to have been shipped.

The entire experience left a bad taste in my mouth about preordering. I pay more than I would buying locally or over the internet from an unaffiliated company. One can always download the pdf via torrents. However, CGL is a small company that produces good products and it was my hope my patronage would warrant notification of any problems with my order as soon as they found out there would be a problem.

That said I will sit through the preorder of running wild, which I purchased before this incident. I just don't think I will preorder again because of this incident.

I, like you, ordered the full-up package. And also like you, as I wrote above, I am dissapointed about the (admitted, by CGL up to Adam) problems with my order. I have expressed that I hope they learn from the experience, and from what I have seen so far, I think they have. I have no plans to stop pre-ordering my products direct from CGL at this time unless and until the problem repeats itself as a patern which I do not expect to occur.

Let us take a moment to just remember that these are the same people who rescued at least one (and for many of us, TWO) beloved legacy product from the ashbin of gaming history and have brought them back to their former glory at the forefront of the industry, with product quality that matches or surpasses that of the so-called big-boys of the industry, and their attention to their fan-base in general as avidenced by even their prompt responses to these threads puts money-gins like the Coastal Wizards to abject shame.

Let's all agree to be righteously torqued off about the SR4A pre-order situation, but reserve judgment for after they have a chance to demonstrate their commitment to us and their ability to learn from their mistakes. Heck, they might just give us back our shipping after all, or overnight the boxes, or do something for us that will knock our socks right off.
kanislatrans
Guess I'm easy. Distapointed at not having my book? Yup. Distapointed at CGL?Not really. As a business owner I know that sometimes drek happens that is outside of your control, so you just batten down the hatches and get on with gettin' on.

The impact of this on my life is minimal. I love shadowrun and am impressed with what I have seen so far. But not having the SR4A in front of me is no biggie.

I like the products. I will continue to buy the products. and I will continue to pre-order. Just my two cents. rotate.gif rotate.gif

Kerenshara
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Aug 19 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Guess I'm easy. Distapointed at not having my book? Yup. Distapointed at CGL?Not really. As a business owner I know that sometimes drek happens that is outside of your control, so you just batten down the hatches and get on with gettin' on.

The impact of this on my life is minimal. I love shadowrun and am impressed with what I have seen so far. But not having the SR4A in front of me is no biggie.

I like the products. I will continue to buy the products. and I will continue to pre-order. Just my two cents. rotate.gif rotate.gif

Cool. I just don't want the folks at CGL feeling like our support is waning or that we're a bunch of fickle gamers. Without them, we're back to playing an out-of-print Fading game.
Navarre
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 19 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Let us take a moment to just remember that these are the same people who rescued at least one (and for many of us, TWO) beloved legacy product from the ashbin of gaming history and have brought them back to their former glory at the forefront of the industry, with product quality that matches or surpasses that of the so-called big-boys of the industry, and their attention to their fan-base in general as avidenced by even their prompt responses to these threads puts money-gins like the Coastal Wizards to abject shame.

Well said!

I apologize to those present if I have seemed to contribute at all to any kind of anti-CGL sentiment, and I apologize doubly so for this thread being my first contribution to Dumpshock (after years of on-and-off lurkerism). I shall strive to be a more positive contribution to the community in the future.

As has been the case with previous posters, despite my self-righteous pseudo-outrage on this issue, I would guess that all will be forgiven as soon as I have this thing in my hands. So, for now, I step back and let Adam and Co. sort this all out. I can't imagine my whining is useful to them, in any way. Plus, though I'm hugely impressed with his contact with the fan base, any time he spends responding to my persistant (and largely redundant) complaints, is time he's not spending on creating more great stuff for us. So, yeah. Go Adam!
Adam
Thanks, everyone.

I'm going to step back from talking about the order-related issues, at this point. Your concerns will be passed along to everyone at Catalyst, and I apologize again for the delays and understand what you are mad about [late shipping, less communication than you'd like about it] and what you are not mad about [our actual books smile.gif], but I have plenty of work on my plate, so I'm going to hit that while I'm still high and world-conquering from GenCon. wink.gif
Navarre
So, out of curiosity, has anybody gotten a shipping notification email?
Prime Mover
Yes on the 20th.
Kerrang
Prime Mover, did you order from Battlecorps, and did you order both 4a and the Limited Edition, or just 4a?

I ordered both from Battlecorps, and have not yet received notification. I was kind of hoping my order had shipped by now.
DWC
Got my notification yesterday.
Navarre
OK. Good to know that the battlecorps shipping notifications are going out, even if it means that, apparently, my order still hasn't shipped.

I didn't order the Limited Edition, just 4a, so I'm hoping to see my notificaiton soon.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Kerrang @ Aug 21 2009, 09:42 AM) *
Prime Mover, did you order from Battlecorps, and did you order both 4a and the Limited Edition, or just 4a?

I ordered both from Battlecorps, and have not yet received notification. I was kind of hoping my order had shipped by now.

It's starting to appear we aren't going to get our books until both are ready...
Kerrang
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 21 2009, 10:06 AM) *
It's starting to appear we aren't going to get our books until both are ready...

With the LE more than a month away, I certainly hope this is not the case.
Navarre
I don't think it's linked to the LE orders, since I didn't order the LE, and I haven't gotten a shipping notificaiton for my 4a, either.
Adam
I have been told -- and this was posting on shadowrun4.com at least a week ago -- that if you ordered the Limited Edition and other items, your order would be split into two distinct shipments at no cost to you.

There are a _lot_ of orders to process. In addition to the Shadowrun books, there are several new BattleTech books, including one that, for various unfortunate reasons, has been available as a pre-order for longer than SR4A!
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 21 2009, 09:38 AM) *
I have been told -- and this was posting on shadowrun4.com at least a week ago -- that if you ordered the Limited Edition and other items, your order would be split into two distinct shipments at no cost to you.

There are a _lot_ of orders to process. In addition to the Shadowrun books, there are several new BattleTech books, including one that, for various unfortunate reasons, has been available as a pre-order for longer than SR4A!

Adam,
Ignore us till you get the work done. We will only cause more need for you to type with exclamation marks.

EXCLAMATION!!!! MARK!!!! SSSSS!!!!

If you have a car fire in Oregon, can you pour gasoline on your own fire? Or do you need to pay a "fuel attendant"?

I apologize for a small section of orders as I convinced the local community to order through you fine folks instead of Amazon. The emails I am getting make the commentary here look like praise.

BlueMax
Adam
I am not in Seattle and not responsible for shipping out anything myself, just for the record. smile.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Aug 21 2009, 06:44 PM) *
EXCLAMATION!!!! MARK!!!! SSSSS!!!!

Complete with shaking fists and stuff? Great. talker.gif
BlueMax
QUOTE (Grinder @ Aug 21 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Complete with shaking fists and stuff? Great. talker.gif

Yes.

Adam,
Ohh, well still ignore our vitriol.

BlueMax
/third cup of Australian Mountaintop.
//may be one too many.
de4dmeta1
Got this yesterday just before noon.

QUOTE (Battleshop)
We have shipped your standard edition of SR4A and will be shipping the Limited Edition as soon as we have it is stock. Thank you,

Troy Garner
Fixer

Somewhat good timing for me, as it takes ages to rustle up a game around here... might just have one by the time it gets here.
Kerenshara
Well...

My jonesing for my copy of the book has been satisfied, which is the good news, so I can seriously back off on Adam and crew. The problem is the reason. Now, please understand this isn't a shot at anybody at CGL; I just needed to relate this because it's simultaneously so funny it hurts and pathetic.

We (my GM and I) ordinarilly buy a second copy of the core BBB for self-obvious reasons, so eventually I was going to need a second copy, and if my FLGS had actually ordered enough to cover the demand for a game their owner considers "unpopular and unsupported" (he's a slotting idiot), I would have dropped the money in the store.

Unfortunately, he IS a slotting idiot, and didn't order more than a handful over his pre-orders... and he doesn't give discounts. So, I was wandering with my GM after a "working" lunch (doing campaign stuff) and I decided to go back to my local Barnes & Noble and pick up that copy of Legend of the Five Rings, 3rd Ed, Revised after all. While we were standing there, I noticed that they had a copy of SR4 faced out, so out of pure curiosity, I scanned the shelves; Arsenal, Street Magic (2nd Ed), Augmentation, Runner's Companion, Unwired, all of them two coppies each. I say to my GM "See, even Barnes & Noble is carrying the whole core line in depth." It was said in a disgusted tone of voice since the FLGS doesn't, so it's pretty sad when I can get 20% off with my card at B&N whenever I want to hook a new sucke- I mean introduce a new player to Shadowrun. Then the GM says "hmmmm" and reaches down pulling out what I missed: a copy of SR4A. I look closer. No, not one copy; TWO coppies! After a second of flat-out disbelief, I exclaimed "Well F**k ME! Son of a..."

Two coppies, right there on the shelf, at 20% off. Needless to say, we bought both coppies immediately. (Yes, I still got the L5R-3R.) So we have our "working coppies" and still have our preorders. So the folks at CGL no longer have me gnawing on their ankles in full measure of the impatience of our breed (gamers).

Having gotten a chance to physically lay hands on the book, I can now make my own independent evaluation of the final product. Here goes.

First impression: The cover art is "meh", but the physical construction feels a drekload more solid than what I've become accustomed to in modern hardcover game books. Then I open the cover and look at the endpapers... and all I can say is literally: "wow". As I start flipping through the book I am completely blown away. The PDF didn't do the thing justice, and it's worth the delays and the wait. The only complaint I have come up with so far, and this is the exact same as reading the PDF, is I don't like the chapter titles inside the text like they are so I have to read past them, but everything else is so much better done, I completely forget about that particular nit. The stories being before their associated chapters but completely separated is genius and I appreciate it. The examples are clearly deliniated so you can either go straight to them or skip them easily. Tables are (so far) on the same page as the rules that reference them (no more flip-flip-sigh-flip like the original SR4). Even compared to the L5R book in my other hand, this is a new standard I have to hold rule books to. CGL, seriously, hats off.

Oh, and as a final note: I have a new plan. I am going to pre-order my new books from CGL directly (unless we see a consistent repeat of the whole SR4A thing, which I don't expect) as well as snagging the PDF immediately. Then, I will buy my reserve copy from B&N taking advantage of my 20% discount on new full-price hardbacks. That way, I can support CGL in the way they can use the most while still getting my fix ASAP.

If you haven't gotten your copy yet, it's worth the wait. If that just makes you jones harder... sorry.
kanislatrans
Still waiting...but I'm on the other side of the country

. Anyday,now...my precious...those nasty hobbits promised...yesss, they did...one more day and we will be together...

*kanis suddenly has a craving for raw fish heads.... nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif *

Adam
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 21 2009, 05:29 PM) *
Well...

In summary...

1. Sorry your game store is not adequate!
2. w00t for our awesome deal with B&N!
3. Glad you like the book!
4. Yes I DO need more coffee!
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 21 2009, 05:28 PM) *
In summary...

1. Sorry your game store is not adequate!
2. w00t for our awesome deal with B&N!
3. Glad you like the book!
4. Yes I DO need more coffee!

*dying laughing*

OK let it never be said you don't have a sense of humor.

Put it this way, knowing that particular FLGS as well as I do, if you send them a copy of Seattle 2072 gratis, I give you better than 98.44% chance that he will put it on the shelf at full retail and not mention the page 3 problem to the sucker who buys it. They've done that before with promos, consistently.
Athenor
It shows how desperate I am for this book..

I checked online every day with Battlecorps to see when it got shipped, so I was excited as hell to see it ship on the 20th. Of course, I'm here in Central Illinois, and I wasn't sure if it was coming from Seattle or Chicago.

So as of right now, because I don't have access to a car and access to my post office box tomorrow, I'm giving my PO Box key to my friend and roommate (who is also threatening to kill me if I don't run Shadowrun this weekend), so he can check it for me.

I highly doubt it will be there, but it is awesome that he is checking. biggrin.gif
Kerrang
Bah! My copy still has not shipped, and my SR group has a session tomorrow. I was hoping to lord it over my players, but I guess that will have to wait until next week (at least I hope I get it by next week).
Adam
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 21 2009, 06:54 PM) *
OK let it never be said you don't have a sense of humor.

Hey, when it comes down to it, my job IS about making and selling fun... smile.gif
SincereAgape
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 19 2009, 05:09 PM) *
I don't know. I was just pointing out to the poster that asked for them to pay $16 to compensate him, that he may be effectively asking them to lose money on selling him the book. If someone considers that fair in return for the delays, then that's an opinion as much as someone who thinks it isn't. I just thought that the suggestion might have been born out of not considering what it actually meant in financial terms.

I do not think it is unrealistic to ask for a refund on this shipping charge.

1. The consumer is still paying cover price for the book.
2. A shipping charge of $16.00 is a little steep for one book.
3. As shared in Kerenshara's story. Consumers had the option to purchase the book at discount prices over Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. Consumers also had an option to attend Gen Con or order the book through a local gaming store and pick up the book at cover price without the shipping charge.

So the question pops into my mind. Where did the extra $16.00 shipping charge go exactly? The book is being shipped late, when it did not need to be. I'm hoping at least the product is sent via priority or over night. Then the justification for the extra money will be adequate.

Once again, I am a little bit more miffed then most people in this thread, because I was hoping to give this book as a gift to one of my players before he left for college, which is on Monday.
Adam
How about zapping quartermaster@battlecorps.com an email and changing the shipping address to your friend's address at the college [or to a nearby mutual friend or relative]?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012