Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: denver character conversion questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Whirlwind
lo all,
as mentioned in another post, i'm converting my denver character to the new york missions campaign. having looked thru the faq thingee, i noticed that something was missing: do i convert or get rid of street cred, public awareness, or notoriety? also, should i choose the option to convert karma into nuyen, can i save said nuyen and purchase things "in game"? thanks for your help
SaintHax
As not mentioned otherwise, your reputation would proceed you. So, you keep it.

Per the SRM FAQ, you may use the nuyen from the karma transfer after game play starts, but it remains subject to CC restriction (which is Availability 12 or less, and rating 6 or less).
Whirlwind
here's a question, though: what if you're using the "create a new character with the same amount of karma" option? would the carried over street cred and whatnot apply then still apply? I found what you mean about the nuyen thing. i think i'll pass on that option, then. thanks for your help!
SaintHax
QUOTE (Whirlwind @ Aug 4 2009, 09:25 AM) *
here's a question, though: what if you're using the "create a new character with the same amount of karma" option? would the carried over street cred and whatnot apply then still apply? I found what you mean about the nuyen thing. i think i'll pass on that option, then. thanks for your help!

If you are creating a new character, and not moving from Denver to NYC, then no. You'd use the standard rules where certain negative qualities give you Notoriety, and you'd get Street Cred based on your total "career" karma (that you are bringing over). No reputation changes from past adventures effect this character, good or bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012