Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detroit Michigan area
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
inazuma
I am looking for a Shadowrun game in the Detroit metro area. My normal gaming groups (WoD, Battletech) have dissolved leaving me in search of a new game to play.

I have not played Shadowrun before, but I picked up the 4th edition book last week and liked how it read - enough to buy Street Magic this week, bid on a bunch of stuff, and buy around 20 novels from the used book store.

I have played many different systems over the last 25+ years and I feel I am an above average role-player. I would like to find an in-person, weekly game. Thursdays are usually busy, but other evenings and weekends are pretty open.
Werewindlefr
I'm in the Detroit area myself; I'm planning on getting a car by the end of september, so I'll be available to play Shadowrun then.
Wacky
You're both welcome to drop in to my Fenton Game, but I must warn you its about a 50 mile drive from Detroit (though you could take 696 to 96 and 96 to 23 for an easy shot to Fenton). I might be having someone GM something at U-Con this year in November if you want to go to that.

Sign--
Wacky
inazuma
You're at BC Comics, right? Is the calendar accurate - every other week? I considered dropping by tonight but already had other obligations. 6pm on a work day would be tight, but possible. I will try and drop by to watch/observe next play date.

I have a line on a possible game at a local retailer. I have not met or talked to anyone in the group, but the owner said that a group was playing there once a week. I plan on showing up to at least watch and hopefully absorb some wisdom on playing the game.

I have read the main book and Street Magic, but my head has not wrapped itself around the proper use of spirits yet and the matrix stuff is definitely foreign to me. Having played Shadowrun, I am used to a whacked netrunning experience, but I have not quite figured out this one, yet.

-Steve.
Wacky
QUOTE (inazuma)
You're at BC Comics, right? Is the calendar accurate - every other week? I considered dropping by tonight but already had other obligations. 6pm on a work day would be tight, but possible. I will try and drop by to watch/observe next play date.

Yup, I'm actually the guy who got the game started. But please don't just observe. All I'm getting lately are guys who just stare at the table and watch but don't play. Bring a character, even if you make a mistake your fellow players will offer support and guidance.

Besides, having a complete stranger sit at a table with you and say nothing while watching you all evening is kinda creepy...

I just got done with the this forenight's adventure so we'll be meeting again in two weeks time!

I have a line on a possible game at a local retailer. I have not met or talked to anyone in the group, but the owner said that a group was playing there once a week. I plan on showing up to at least watch and hopefully absorb some wisdom on playing the game.

I have read the main book and Street Magic, but my head has not wrapped itself around the proper use of spirits yet and the matrix stuff is definitely foreign to me. Having played Shadowrun, I am used to a whacked netrunning experience, but I have not quite figured out this one, yet.

Again, don't worry about it. They guys in the group will offer support and suggestions. I allow a 1 month retooling period of PCs after introduction (Just had a guy swap out his magician for a free spirit; said it was okay). Though I'm allowed to later on deny any character concepts that I don't feel are appropriate that I didn't understand at the time (I'm not psychic).

Sign--
Wacky
inazuma
QUOTE (Wacky @ Aug 14 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Yup, I'm actually the guy who got the game started. But please don't just observe. All I'm getting lately are guys who just stare at the table and watch but don't play. Bring a character, even if you make a mistake your fellow players will offer support and guidance.

Besides, having a complete stranger sit at a table with you and say nothing while watching you all evening is kinda creepy...

I learn better by watching than being thrown into the water, but I can understand the "creepy"ness that you mention. Shoot me your email in a PM, if you don't mind, and I will run a couple concepts by you.

-Steve.
otakusensei
I'm playing a techno in Wacky's game, but I've been playing Shadowrun since second edition came out. The core group we have going is a good mix of new players and experienced players with an interest in everyone learning the rules at their own pace and most of all having fun. I you wanna stop by and grab a pregen I'm sure Wacky would let you put any karma you earn toward your own character.

So far games have had a healthy amount of RP interaction, so rules wise you might not pick up that much observing a session. If you've read through the core rules everything should fall into place nicely.

I know what you mean about workdays. I'm driving from Southfield each time, and routing through Waterford to pick up my wife, so it's tricky making it on time after work.
inazuma
Wacky has me convinced to show, so I will be there Thursday. Probably with some sort of Melee-type. Either a straight Adept, Street Sam, or Mystic Adept.

-Steve.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012