Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lazer Tag commercial!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrhDinWwoyQ

Very very hardcore Lazer Tag commercial. Makes me want to play Shadowrun.
Warlordtheft
Yeah-I miss laser tag. I know they have something out there to replace it that has the target sensor built into the gun (hey christmas idea!!! fot the nephews and my bro!)
ludomastro
Awesome! Haven't even thought about Lazer Tag™ in ages.
Wounded Ronin
Hmm, looking at more ads, they'd apparently planned it where you could wear a helmet that would register hits from 360 degrees, and you could mount multiple targets on your vest so that you could be hit in the torso in more places.

It's too bad that it didn't take off. I suspect if they had marketed towards grown-ups more who would have been more interested in (effectively) MILES tournaments maybe it could have done better. But I can't see little kids caring so much about being able to be shot in the back.
Vermithrax
I miss the good old days of buying a season pass for the summer and going every week to play Ultrazone (indoor laser tag) at Six Flags over Georgia.
Kronk2
I had 2 and half sets and the rifle. The helmet DID register from multiple angles, and was darn night painful to wear. my brother always took my rifle and won every time.

It really sucks that a kid got shot because of these toys.
hobgoblin
i suspect paintball proved to be a more "cost effective" way of providing simulated weapons combat...
Method
Holy shit!! Have you seen some of the stuff they have for the more recent incarnation of Laser Tag? Heads up displays and under barrel grenade launchers? Crazy!!
Shadowrunner13
Wow... I still have a working lazer pistol and target from that era. How sad is that? smile.gif

SR13
SaDode
Think I saw that commercial last night but I forgot what insurance it was for...but it was pretty cool to acually see it
tweak
Looks a lot different now:

http://www.hasbro.com/lazertag/default.cfm...roduct_id=22411

Do you guys remember the cartoon?

And check out the blast:

http://www.fuzzycouch.com/lazertag/products.html
eidolon
QUOTE (Shadowrunner13 @ Aug 21 2009, 11:31 PM) *
Wow... I still have a working lazer pistol and target from that era. How sad is that? smile.gif

SR13

If by sad you mean "fucking awesome," then that's wicked sad, dude. biggrin.gif
Lok1 :)
Clostet thing I ever got to laser tag was reading "Enders Game" at least five times.
Curse my area, curse it.
Edite:Paitball's fun though. Ain't fun unless you end up with welts.
eidolon
Paintball is awesome, but paintball is also ridiculously expensive. At least, it is if you're playing at any level higher than Wal-Mart Spyder and marble-hard Wal-Mart paint.

When it started costing me around $100 for a day of paintball, I stopped playing much. (That would be a day that I couldn't get anyone to split a case of halfway decent paint with me. Even when I could I was looking at around $60-70.)

Still have all my gear though. I decide to sell it all off every once in a while, and seem to change my mind.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (eidolon @ Sep 8 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Paintball is awesome, but paintball is also ridiculously expensive. At least, it is if you're playing at any level higher than Wal-Mart Spyder and marble-hard Wal-Mart paint.

When it started costing me around $100 for a day of paintball, I stopped playing much. (That would be a day that I couldn't get anyone to split a case of halfway decent paint with me. Even when I could I was looking at around $60-70.)

Still have all my gear though. I decide to sell it all off every once in a while, and seem to change my mind.

See, you might spend that much on firearms during a tournament competition of some kind. Just think that you're paying 40 cents a round and all you'd need to spend $100 per day would be enough rounds fired.

The steel shooting competitions I participate in once a month usually burn through 150 rounds or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012