(Best of the Best is a series I came up with, to fill a gap at Dragon*Con 2008. Basically, it was an excuse to kill off an ex-GMPC/NPC from my home campaign who had gotten way too powerful and cocky. It was a hit, and I've been asked to run another. So, I'm getting off my butt and hitchhiking back to Atlanta to do it again...I hope.)

So, how about a high-power level game with some interesting twists for players who are interested in seeing what happens to runners who REALLY screw up. Which is, the corp takes the gloves off, hires the very best, arms them to the teeth, and sends them after the screw up. Those "very best" are your characters.

Last year, Mitsuhama's "consultants" took out a uber-hacker who was bordering on cyberzombie status (Essence 0.15), and had his own private army. Ghostwalker basically went hands off, and let the party do what they had to, assaulting the Dragon Slayers gang in Detroit, running into more chrome and Greek-aspected spirits than most want to in their whole lives. The ending was the stuff of Greek tragedies. I nearly cried.

This year, things have gotten worse. It seems a dragon has gone toxic, and the Great Wyrms want it put down like a rabid dog. 10 million nuyen -each- and all the gear you can carry home to the team who puts down the wyrm they call Corpse Eater. Of course, with such a strong center point, Corpse Eater attracts toxics like moths to a flame, so he certainly won't be alone.

1000 points, each spendable as BP or Karma. Availability and legality is not an issue. Bring the nastiest runner from your personal portfolio, or whip up a new legend that's just so good, no one knows their name...yet.

(The Best of the Best series DOES NOT represent typical Shadowrun. You are a AVOWED corporate tool, with backing and a somewhat clear connection to your employers for once. So, alot of the secrecy and double-crossing is out of the way, allowing for a job where you're not getting screwed over...unless you count being sent to kill a toxic cult led by a -dragon-...)