Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GenCon Indy 2009 - Shadowrun tournament results
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Gronk
I attended the tournament, and had a blast as usual. But I was unable to make it to the winner announcement on Sunday.
Are the results posted somewhere? I don't expect my team to have won or anything, but I'm just curious. And maybe a few others might be as well.
Dashifen
I did -- the only wining move was not to play silly.gif
Stahlseele
Wargames, god no what an awfull movie that was, in retrospect ..
Aaron
Who won? Not the freelancers' table, I can tell ya that.
grendel
Team 6 took first place. Team 12 took second place. I don't recall who was third.
Gronk
Cool, thanks for the update!
Druthu
I was part of Table #6.
Day one would be my first time playing, and day two would have been my second time playing Shadowrun. I am a veteran role player, and it was a complete trial by fire. At least my friend that I was with had played before. The two games played are at the top of my list for most intense fun while role playing. 3 people at our table were all veteran shadowrun players and all close friends. They really played extremely well together, which I know help add to our "working as a team" score. We all put 110% into every moment of the game. We didn't stop role playing when the GM stepped away from the table. We all stuck to our characters, and how they would react to every situation; and we never gave up.

After our first game, the next morning I was at the Catalyst booth picking up my copy of Shadowrun. I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of Eclipse Phase and had it signed. The tournament was the most fun I have had in a long time. I met some great new people, and after the second game we hung out and took in the local scenery (yea Beaver'ettes). I know the next convention I get to go to , I will be looking for more Shadowrun missions to play.

Kudos to Catalyst for organizing a great event.
Kudos to Catalyst for the pizza and soda.
Kudos to Catalyst for the coupons for the vendor booth.
Kudos to the members of my team.

D.
Redjack
Tournament was great as were my team members. We had a blast and made my wife's first GenCon unforgettable.
Freejack
I enjoyed it immensely. I've been playing and running various games for a long time now and it's good to break outside the regular group and get thrown in with a bunch of strangers. I know I learned a few things for my own group and it looks like I may have picked up a new player as our second GM happens to live just up the road.

Thanks Gronk and the rest of the team for letting me play in your group.

Carl
Tiger Eyes
I had a lot of fun, too, even though I'm pretty sure McQ stacked the deck against us...
DireRadiant
I doubt McQ stacked it against you. Especially if you made it through the Rave.

The tournament was tough. It was a severe challenge to keep teams alive for the second night. Many PCs died the next night.

There was nothing quite like the cheers of each team as they each finished.
Redjack
I have to own up that Chuck looked at me multiple times for hooping... I usually don't play the Sam and that was the one I drew... Not sure how I survived failing those composure rolls (Thanks for the armor spell Dad!)
BlueMax
This is torturous. I can't wait to see the Tournament in PDF form.

Please keep talking about it though!

BlueMax
BishopMcQ
There were rockets, white phosphorous grenades and some physical barrier spells. The Rave Invasion team (true identities protected for those yet to play) was pretty much willing to let everyone burn. So yeah, pretty much as written. I was nice enough to let them make dodge tests against the rockets and rather than determining scatter simply have the rocket continue travelling in a straight line past the runners until it hit something.

After the movie theater, the Freelancer team decided they weren't being paid enough and walked off the job. (It also took them 2 nights to get through the first night's material...)
MrGhost
QUOTE (grendel @ Aug 19 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Team 6 took first place. Team 12 took second place. I don't recall who was third.

I believe Team 2 took third place.
MrGhost
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 21 2009, 03:26 PM) *
I have to own up that Chuck looked at me multiple times for hooping... I usually don't play the Sam and that was the one I drew... Not sure how I survived failing those composure rolls (Thanks for the armor spell Dad!)

Heh...You were having waaaayyy too much fun. I am so jealous....

At least everyone seemed to have a good time.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 21 2009, 03:51 PM) *
There were rockets, white phosphorous grenades and some physical barrier spells. The Rave Invasion team (true identities protected for those yet to play) was pretty much willing to let everyone burn. So yeah, pretty much as written. I was nice enough to let them make dodge tests against the rockets and rather than determining scatter simply have the rocket continue travelling in a straight line past the runners until it hit something.

After the movie theater, the Freelancer team decided they weren't being paid enough and walked off the job. (It also took them 2 nights to get through the first night's material...)

Yeah, and you cursed our dice so we glitched or critically glitched every roll looking for clues (and a bunch of other rolls, too...)! Cursed, I tell you!
Caine Hazen
Well having a ghoul "look" for clue was probably a bad idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012