Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberware/gear question?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cadmus
Ok question, I was reading through arsenal and read over the Cyborg Adaptation, well it mentions the Crainal Containment unit. talks about the comlink in it ect, now here is my question, it says it has a 12 capacity that you can load other cyberware into, so my question is, beyond things like other comlinks what type of cyber ware would work here?

Primarly looking for the RAW awsner so I can better understand the mechanics at this point,

Thanks for any help guys smile.gif

don't ya hate it when ya get a question in your head and it just bugs ya? hehe
Kerenshara
Are you talking about the CCU itself?

the_real_elwood
I would think you'd want to use that capacity for any brain implant 'ware you want, like a chipjack, headware memory, encephalon, math SPU or whatnot.
Kerenshara
Cybereyes? Motive System? Cyberears? When it's unhooked, living inside a coffee can is a pain.
Cadmus
Ya the Cap is ont he Jar, Theres no such thing as a chip jack any more really and everything has memory hehe, But I just didn't see much cyberware head wise you could fit in when your in a body, can the eyes and ears work when your in a drone as well liek vision enhancment ect?
McAllister
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Aug 24 2009, 01:33 PM) *
I would think you'd want to use that capacity for any brain implant 'ware you want, like a chipjack, headware memory, encephalon, math SPU or whatnot.

That'd be awesome... now if only the encephalon and math SPU took up capacity.

I just assume you can build anything you want along those lines into the CCU.
the_real_elwood
QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 24 2009, 03:55 PM) *
That'd be awesome... now if only the encephalon and math SPU took up capacity.

I just assume you can build anything you want along those lines into the CCU.

When you're dealing with a cyborg, bodyware is redundant as you've got a robot body anyways. It says that bioware is incompatible (though, I might allow some that is brain-only stuff), so what else could you use the capacity for? It says that the CCU already comes with life support systems.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Aug 24 2009, 06:24 PM) *
When you're dealing with a cyborg, bodyware is redundant as you've got a robot body anyways. It says that bioware is incompatible (though, I might allow some that is brain-only stuff), so what else could you use the capacity for? It says that the CCU already comes with life support systems.

You have to remember that a Brain in a Jar only has .1 Essence left. Anything more and no more living brain in a jar.
the_real_elwood
Yeah, that's why if some character actually was going to play a cyborg, and they wanted some extra headware, I'd hack up some essence->capacity rules to let them use the extra capacity in their CCU. Or you could just ignore that the CCU has a capacity of 12.
Cadmus
Ok quick question mainly so I don't clutter up the forum with another pointless thread smile.gif

I generaly play a rigger and like to think I a bit about drones but a friend of mine mentioned drones having capacity ontop of the slots you get for mods from there body rating, So have I missed something?

When moding a drone, you get X slots based on its body rating, the only things on a drone would be, when you upgrade the sensor suit and install camras ect. were they have the cap, no techinicly the drone, And ofcourse one of those arms could have cap like a cyber arm but only if the GM allows it., This is correct and has no changed right?

Just making sure I havn't missed something new some place biggrin.gif
Jaid
drones have a minimum of 4 slots, no matter how low their body is.

otherwise, yes. you've got it correct that sensors use different capacity (although you can increase that capacity using an upgrade also), and mechanical arms (and potentially mechanical legs) have their own separate capacities if applicable. also, i suppose any weapons you put into turrets will also have capacity.

perhaps he's thinking of the fact that the starting mods don't take up capacity? (ie the steel lynx has armor and a turret, neither of which take up capacity, etc)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012