Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No weight!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phelan Patrick
Currently reviewing the gears section and arsenal. Surprised to see no weight listed for all the items. Any resource out there that gives wight to all gear items?
Method
Why do you need weights? If its for encumbrance I have a cautionary tale for you:

Once upon a time there was a player who asked, "Can I wear a full suit of body armor, carry 2 pistols, an SMG, an AR and an AC with 500 rounds for each and case of frag grenades?"
The GM said, "No."
The end. biggrin.gif

Isn't application of a little common sense a lot easier than listing and recording weights for everything? Or did you have a more specific reason in mind?
Heath Robinson
Encumberance is far more involved a topic than merely summing weights. One must consider so many variables you might as just declare the result ad hoc, for any measure will surely be intensely unrealistic and the cost of calculating the measure daunting compared to its meagre benefit.

Should you be a GM learn to say "no".
Phelan Patrick
you guys have a point. i'm just more used to micromanaging such details like back in SR2. guess i'll have to get used to this more subjective way.
Dragnar
Apart from "weight only" being a bad way to measure carrying capacitiy in general, the weight values of equipment in SR have a history of being hillariously implausible, so you had been better of not using them before, either. (I fondly remember the one-shot flaregun "disguised" as a pen, weighting a full kilogram. Yeah, that's a believable pen...)
Jaid
QUOTE (Dragnar @ Aug 26 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Apart from "weight only" being a bad way to measure carrying capacitiy in general, the weight values of equipment in SR have a history of being hillariously implausible, so you had been better of not using them before, either. (I fondly remember the one-shot flaregun "disguised" as a pen, weighting a full kilogram. Yeah, that's a believable pen...)

it had a lot of ink in it smile.gif
McAllister
Sure it's not a normal pen, but if I had an incredibly large bank account and a well below-average penis, I might get someone to custom-make me a friggin' ridiculous pen and carry it around everywhere. *shrugs*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012