Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Epilogue: The Breaking Point
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Wombat
QUOTE (Chi-Girl @ Aug 26 2009, 01:35 PM) *
Okay, so we have bits of a generator, one and a half solar panels, and enough wood to actually start building a fence... but how are we going to get things back from the concrete jungle? I know that Googles has a bike and a juryrigged cart, but is that really going to survive traveling there with four and a half people (and the half is the kid, not you Grub)?

QUOTE (Octopiii @ Aug 26 2009, 05:51 PM) *
We may have to finagle a truck or other automobile. What do you guys think about getting started on a career in hijacking? We're going to need to ferry large amounts of soil from the jungles, so the cart is not going to cut it.

Or, we could always trade the kid for something useful...
Chi-Girl
She doesn't seem very bright though. Are you sure that we can get anything useful for her...? Although I guess she is good at finding cats to eat.
Chi-Girl
I think that we should take Google's lack of response as approval. what do you think Grub?
Octopiii
Leech can also double as a pack mule if Goggles balks at trading it for something useful.
Chi-Girl
True, I'm sure that he'll have no problems with that idea
MithrilGear
She is only six! How much you think she can carry!? How about instead of you two scheming to get rid of my sister you two can go out and do something productive. Hell, we can go hijack something if we can do it.
Chi-Girl
We aren't scheming to to get rid of your sister, we're coming up with options to best utilize our resources. What kind of vehicle are we looking at hijacking here?
MithrilGear
If you want to teach her something useful go right ahead, just don't be giving her weird ideas or drugs.

I think a GAZ truck would be best at the moment. I would help facilitate travel between our place and other local areas and help carry supplies from Rat's Nest and Plastic Jungle. Shoot might be able to give other people lifts for cash and other supplies. Which is another thing we need, trading materials and gear. I'm sure Grub and I can dig through Rat's Nest for perfectly good junk but that about all its going to amount to. There is the Joyboy's work, and Vic's drugs...
Wombat
I was thinking maybe a step van or something. I'll look into it and see if I can find out where someone with one lives or drives often. Are we planning on hijacking the vehicle in the barrens or outside of the barrens
Chi-Girl
((OOC: Sorry, that last post that looks like it was from Wombat was actually by me, I forgot to look to see if he was still logged on or not before posting it))
Chi-Girl
Double Post
Chi-Girl
Triple Post
MithrilGear
I'm kinda more concerned whose toes we are gonna be steppin' on trying to take a water truck. The gangs and other such folk out here won't take kindly to us just making off with their stuff. I don't want to even think what might happen if it some megacorps property.
MithrilGear
There are weekly trucks that run supplies to few legal shops in Redmond. They're armed of course and are often hit by go-gangers and squatters. But if we looking to get supplies, vehicles, and maybe some used weapons...well I would suggest hitting up these local stores and "talk" them into giving us the information regarding route, date & time, supplies, and security.
MithrilGear
I want to see if I can scavenge a truck from Rat's Nest. You know find a frame, find a engine, get some pieces here, some there. Then voila! A tank! Not really. But it has been done. So a truck or a van shouldn't be impossible.
Wombat
I'm working on a system for scavenging goods. It should be ready int time for game tonight.
MithrilGear
To Amber,

Where did you go sister? The others tell me you where never there, and that I was hallucinating. Are they right? I do not know anymore. Life is hard sister, now that people are expecting things of me. It was easier when it just you and me. I've gotten shot at, had a bullet buried in my ass, had the car that was just stolen, stolen from me, had to walk a painful many hour walk home, and deal with two pricks that think they know everything. You know sister, I feel that my life is determined by the roll of a die, and that die has been rolling horribly.
MithrilGear
Just a quick question, very one did bring at least a little bit of nuyen to pay for their bus rides right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012