Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CLIPS! :/
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Radical-B
is there an easier way to figure out how much 1 full magazine costs for each gun?
X-Kalibur
Rounds are sold by the box, magazines and boxes usually do not match up nicely. Solution? Buy more rounds. I like around 1000 for each caliber in real life... what???
MusicMan
In the real world, a person will usually have 3-6 mags for their weapon they the try to not lose. From there you buy ammo in (typically) 50 round "bricks."

Magazines and bullets are separate issues.

Unless something has changed and in 2070 they have done away with detachable magazine weapons, and everything is clip-fed, internal magazine (which might not be a bad thing).
Bira
Spare magazines are listed as costing five nuyen each, no matter what gun they're for. And, though the book only lists costs for ammo per 10 bullets, I think all the prices are actually neatly divisible by 10, so you can just do that to get the cost of a single bullet. So a full clip of normal ammo for a Ares Predator (15 rounds) would cost 5 + (15*2) = 35 nuyen, or just 30 if you're reusing a magazine you already own.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 28 2009, 11:18 PM) *
Rounds are sold by the box, magazines and boxes usually do not match up nicely. Solution? Buy more rounds. I like around 1000 for each caliber in real life... what???

Yeah, I wouldn't allow buying in increments of less than 10. Really, probably not in increments of less than 50 or so, but by RAW it's 10.

Not many ammo suppliers are willing to let you take a few rounds out of a box and just charge you for that.

-np
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Radical-B @ Aug 28 2009, 05:13 PM) *
is there an easier way to figure out how much 1 full magazine costs for each gun?

What? Magazines aren't disposable. In video games there may be twenty million magazines lying around that you pick up with your feet and jam into your weapon but in real life you would own a certain number of magazines you'd keep with your firearm which you'd re-use and maintain frequently.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (MusicMan @ Aug 28 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Unless something has changed and in 2070 they have done away with detachable magazine weapons, and everything is clip-fed, internal magazine (which might not be a bad thing).

Ninja, please. Everyone knows we're going to go HK caseless. spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012