Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feris Shadowrunner's Day Off..
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
SirFozzie
I liked the hacking competition between Netcat and Slamm-O in 4A, and it made me wonder.. what do members of the shadows do during their down time, socially?

I know I know, 90 % of shadowrunners are anti-social killers who'd rather shoot a fellow shadowrunner rather than share a drink with them, (at least according to some folks vision of shadowrun), but I had an idea for a NPC and location for my game.. so I wrote it up..

Tony's Sim-U-Run

255 Denton Avenue

This lower class establishment is popular amongst shadowrunner wannabes. They offer AR assisted "runs" through a warehouse complex that supposedly simulates conditions on "real-life shadowruns". For a certain class, this is preferred to online games because of the physical nature of the games. AR Targets simulate corp innocents and guards. Despite the "safe" nature of the runs, an injury waiver is required for all who participate. Tony Donovan, who built the place, hires folks to change the look around every few weeks to keep from getting stale.

-- Yeah, what they don't say is that if you ARE a pro, you can ask Tony to design up a custom scenario for you. Depending on how much information (and cred) you give Tony, you can practically do a dry run of any target you're facing for a run. Helped my team prepare for a run on a local corp building. Not bad for keeping an edge during down time, either. Although nothing really compares to the fight or flight adrenaline rush of a real run, mind you...
--Skyhawk (10-SEP-2072)

-- It's also popular as a non-violent way of settling disputes and wagers. Usually, Tony designs a scenario and then each person (or team) goes through it. Fastest time wins. Took 500 nuyen off Thundershock last week after I beat his time by over a minute.
-- Sidewinder (11-SEP-2072)

-- I still think you cheated. That last drone had you dead to rights, there was no way you could have seen it coming...
-- Thundershock (12-SEP-2072)

-- Well, I did have my friend Mad Maxxine grab the layout from Tony's machine the night before. What's that saying, "Some times, information is almost as good as ammunition?"
-- Sidewinder (13-SEP-2072)

-- Get the quote right, please.
-- Steinerline (15-SEP-ERROR ON TIME STAMP, OUT OF DATA RANGE

OOC Info:

During the day, this is glorified Lazer Tag popular amongst wannabes who wanna think they're shadowrunners but don't want to be associated with the various online games. They tend to call the folks who play Shadowrun online games "Couch slouches".

Later at night, Tony's small bar holds a few shadowrunners, and many an argument and/or wager has been settled by a run through Tony's. Usually, when the layout changes, it's because someone requested a didfferent setup, either for a wager, or for a dry run of an upcoming shadowun.

Two Ways to work this into your game:

A) Your local runners have a friendly argument, and rather then trash the bar (and risk getting kicked out), they agree to settle it with a duel at Tony's. How far will your runners go to win a wager, even a friendly one?

B) They're hanging out at the bar, when the local daytime champion thinks he can take on anyone at a custom duel and challenges them. He's good.. for an amateur. Time to show him what a pro can do..
pbangarth
Excellent idea, and a wonderful, useful addition to any GM's stable of NPCs. Thanks loads, SirFozzie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012