Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question about auto softs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sintis
I'm trying to make a rigger for the first time and am trying to set up all of my drones. I'm wondering if I have 3 identical drones do I need to buy autosofts for each one independantly? (3 targeting ect.) or can I just get 1 and use it on all 3?

If you would only need 1 for all 3 drones then would I be able to buy 1 autosoft like clearsight or defence and have it work on every drone or would I have to buy one for each drone type?

Thank you all in advance and sorry about my spelling ^^;
Jaid
in general, most autosofts are not drone-specific. maneuver autosofts are drone body specific, however, and targeting autosofts are specific to a weapon type.

if you want to have 3 instances of the autosoft running, you need to have 3 copies. you can either do this by purchasing 3 copies, or you can either buy a pirated version (requires GM permission iirc, it's not in the gear lists anywhere, see rules in unwired) or you can crack the copy protection on a legit version (not very hard, actually, but pre-pirated versions are cheaper).
Sintis
Thank you for the awnser.

I went back and reread unwired but I can't see where the costs of pirated versions of autosofts, just that they would degrade over time and rules for fixing them.
Is cost istablished by the GM? I'm asking beacause I was trying to get them before starting our next session. Our gm likes to mix things up and sometimes the fight comes to you before you have time to do much in actual game. smile.gif

Jaid
QUOTE (Sintis @ Sep 5 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Thank you for the awnser.

I went back and reread unwired but I can't see where the costs of pirated versions of autosofts, just that they would degrade over time and rules for fixing them.
Is cost istablished by the GM? I'm asking beacause I was trying to get them before starting our next session. Our gm likes to mix things up and sometimes the fight comes to you before you have time to do much in actual game. smile.gif

page 94, it's under the subheading 'downloading programs'.

(blech, i had to do a search for the number 10 to get you that... )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012