Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food Fight!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
tisoz
It's a dark and stormy night, the acid rain coming down in sheets from clouds obscuring any light coming down from the gibbous moon or the few street lamps still in working order. The rain pelts the city, scouring the grease and oil from the roadway. As your eyes drift to the crumbling sidewalks and pock-marked plascrete, you realize what decades of the acidity can do to objects as hard as rock. You subconsciously pull your coat tighter around you wondering if you were really this hungry as you wait for the rain to let up so you can dash into the Stuffer Shack.

As you wait in the parking lot you notice the other vehicles parked there. A GMC Bulldog van, and your first thoughts are the perfect runner vehicle, a beat up Ford Americar, another nondescript runner vehicle, an aging, pink Mustang that looks half held together by faux gold accents and bumper stickers, and a couple of motorbikes likely ridden by true bikers or true idiots.

The roar of the torrential downpour on the vehicle roof lessens to individual thumps, then the thumps decrease in volume to patters and you decide this may be as good as it gets for a while and open your door to make a run for it.
drips
Sphinx was sitting on a bus bench outside the Stuffer Shack, rather gloomily staring off into space. Cold, drenched and hungry, his thoughts flickered to the past month. He'd fucked things up back in Libya, fucked them up real bad. His emotions had gotten in the way and he'd made a bad command decision and now... now half his team was dead and the rest were on the run. If only he hadn't seen them, those bastards from Tsunami. If only he hadn't let himself believe that it would be easy. If only... if only he were better.

Hearing the rain let up a little shook Sphinx out of his reverie. He stood up and quickly jogged to the Shack. He could think more later, right now he needed some food. And alcohol. Lots of alcohol.
Xiuhaun
Hugh Knuckles Mahoney finishes his cigar and puts it out under the heel of his boot. Looking to the sky, he grimaces over the coming rain, turns up his coat collar and proceeds to enter the 'Shack on a quest for food.

En route to Aisle 15 and a wonderful array of snack foods, Knuckles can't help but notice the attractive female sitting on the counter near the Shmoozies. Ditching his plan to acquire munchies, he heads over to the Schoozie machine and fills a cup with Cherry Heaven before proceeding to strike up a conversation with the gal sitting on the counter.
Ears
Rob parks his harley next to the other bikes, pulls out a pocket secretary, looks around, looks at the gadget, pockets it again and walking over to the entrance, he recalls for the seventh time what his friend christian had told him.
'I stumbled over the inventory listing for a wharehouse the shack's bought. ... A full wharehouse of them and you know, they don't throw stuff away if there's any chance of selling it. ... Here's a list of their stores closest to it, you can thank me later.'
Once inside the store, he takes a look around and then heads to the right, straight for the dust covered book displays (area L).
Here goes nothing, again. At least It's dry in here.
drips
Sphinx enters the 'Shack and quickly makes his way towards Area J. He'd decided on the way in to satisfy his hunger and thirst first, before looking for something to satisfy his thirst. Looking at the cold foods display, he tries to decide what will best sate his hunger while maintaining his health: Soychicken and something else (soymold by the looks of it), or krill and pre-processed processed soyveggies.
Chance359
Cameron Tinker Douglas slipped a plug into his datajack instantly felt his armored jacket become an extension of himself. With a blink, the small camera on the back of the collar was plastered on the lower right corner of his vision. A hiss of compressed gas and an empty wrist holster sprang forth from his left wrist. Tinker attached his Browning Ultra-Power and retracted the pistol to its concealed hiding spot.

All this wiring has made me hungry, guess its time to hit the Stuffer shack.
tisoz
John Stone looks out at the wind whipping the rain around and starts channeling the mana, attempting to bind the spirits of the very elements to his will. Everything seems to be going fine, then, it may have been a distraction caused by the flash of lightning or just a ripple in the resistance of the spirit plane, but Stone loses control of his Invoking and is rudely confronted by a disturbing spirit of the winds.
Green Eyed Monster
Here I was, thought John Stone, doing my normal meet preperations when that bolt of lightning hit so close to his hillside home I thought it was going to break loose from it's foundation. And now ther is a pissed looking spirit in my living room blowing crap all over the place! It'll take forever to clean this mess up. I might have to conjure up a little spirit just to put everything back...
Green Eyed Monster
Stone jumped into his 3220 and sped off through the rain. What a night to be out. I remember I'm channeling and tap the powers of Guard and Magical Guard just in case. Hopefully, the guard will keep me out of any ordinary fender benders tonight. Then I thought better and decided to expend a service and have a spirit extend its Guard and Magical Guard.

The meet went off without incident, finally something went right, and as I start home something someone had said about grabbing something to eat sounds pretty good, maybe even rent a movie, those kiosks where you can get them at any Stuffer Shack and return them to any other Stuffer Shack are a great idea. After I pull into the Stuffer Shack parking lot and find a parking place, I cast Catalog and record the results into my pocket secretary, compare the list to the last time I updated it upon leaving home and find no surprises. I start to get out of the low slung sports car and realize I can barely raise myself from the seat. I Invoke and Channel another spirit, think about putting on the Rapid Transit helmet to keep dry, decide it would look silly and wish I had a Deflect or Barrier/Rain spell as I brave the rain and rush across the lot. All the good spaces are long gone, so I use movement power on myself to hasten the trip, and enter the Shack with a rush. The floor is a slip and fall artists heaven and the thought of easy nuyen floats through my mind, then the reality of trying to collect on the lawsuit and probably burning my lone good fake SIN makes the scam a no win one for me.

It must be a holiday or something to get all these people out in this weather, I think. Or a bunch of homeless in from their soaked cardboard huts. Better be careful. I wonder if the bikes are from riders seeking shelter from the storm or true bikers who ride in all weather?

I look around and see more than a couple of thoroughly soaked people, even wetter than me. I decide to head to Aisle 10 first to get a Use’N’Lose disposable plastic umbrella, if any are left. If not I'll look for a pancho or tablecloth because that rain didn't feel good running down my back and soaking into my armor. As he walks past the drink dispenser area he notices the cute girl sitting on the counter, probably resting her feet from those cruel looking stiletto pumps she's wearing and smiles and slowly shakes his head as the drenched guy seems to be trying to chat her up.
BobRoberts
Troy scuttles in out of the rain and shakes the worst of it from his coat. Stamps the rain off his shiny chrome legs. Loosens the straps on smogmask and lets it hang around his neck.

Stomach rumbles slightly as he saunters towards the foodstuffs in the back half of the shop. Loops past the breakfast foods and the baked goods, dismissing them as he goes by... nods a half familiar hello at Mr Nick. Hurries past the herbal teas to the Aztec food section... starts picking things up and looking at the packets.

Several idle thoughts rattle around his brain:

Nasty food. Quasi evil pyramid logos. Cheapish, nasty food. HUNGRY!
Busy in here tonight.
How spicy is meltdown? Will it hide the taste of krill based meat subsitute?
Half a dozen datajacks and crazy muttering. I don't wanna end up that way.

His stomach rumbles again, a little louder than before.
tisoz
Mr. Nick tries to be customer friendly to the latest arrival to track into his store. He looks around and sees 3 or 4 people still dripping and wonders how anyone could get so wet. He heads for the backroom and soon after leaving most everyone's line of sight, you hear his voice over the intercom calling for Johnny to come to the office and get a mop.

As Mr. Nick comes out of the back room carrying a couple of "Wet Floor" signs, a young man follows him out swinging into his jacket. Was that a shoulder holster you just glimpsed?
Ears
When the latest newcomer comes in and stomps his legs, Rob glances over to the door, frowns then a smile forms on his face that quickly fades as he shakes his head and turns back to rifling through the old magazines.
Don't I know that guy? The race last month? Yup. Fast one, good one. Wait, he cost me 500. Shouldn't have bet against him. Well, not twice.

tisoz
The Japanese warrior wannabe in Aisle 1 looks like he has gathered his nerve and approaches the checkout counter and the cute elf girl working there with a nametag on her chest reading "Wanda".

"What's the other one's name?" the topknotted redhead asks.

Wanda's zoned out look doesn't change, but a skinny kid steps out of the corner of Area D and looks like he knows what the big guy, well, bigger than him, meant, and he doesn't care for it at all. Anyone who has ever seen a young crush knows the skinny kid has it bad for Wanda, but with those zits, Wanda is likely out of his league. Still, it looks like he is gathering his courage to defend her honor - even if he was too intimidated by her beauty to even let her know he existed.

In the drink section, the girl in the wet halter top is flashing her headlights and says, "Hey, big boy. Is that a blue bandage for your blue blood or gang colors?"
BobRoberts
Troy chuckles silently to himself at the poor pickup line.

He casts a casual eye over the guy from the back office as he walks past the aisle.

...did this place really spring for a security guard?
Chance359
Tinker moves on from finding the perfect box of red Maxiblast Sugar Bomb, over to the frozen foods (section K) looking for the best deal on pizzas and breakfast burritos.
drips
Sphinx finally grabs a krill sandwich and starts munching on it. After slowly savoring the first few bites he makes his way over to Area L, the book section.

Been hard up on new reading material lately, might as well see if they have anything good.

He offers a nod to the chummer already hanging around the manuscripts and then begins scanning the books.
Xiuhaun
Knuckles takes a sip from his cup before grinning and replying, "ESR, represent." He pauses momentarily before adding "What is a talented woman such as yourself doing out on a horribly wet night like this?"

tisoz
The Japanese samurai wannabe irritating Wanda tries another line as he points to the spike of hair on her head. "Horny?"

The girl looks past Knuckles as she hops down and says, "You're about to find out, tusker."
tisoz
The doors crash open and three people come rushing in from the rain. Only they happen to be brandishing weapons and screaming at the top of their lungs!

One rushes up and around the checkout counter, blasting away the cameras on his way, and coming to a stop behind the counter beside the lovely Wanda, who decides to take the opportunity and let out a never-ending scream at the top of her lungs.

The samurai wannabe takes the opportunity to draw a katana from the bag slung over his shoulder, hold it to the vulnerable Wanda's throat, and yell at the hysterical girl to, "Shut the Frag up!"

The second of the newcomers jumps on the display shelves of Aisle 1, using the lower shelves like steps, clambers to the top, throws back his head and lets out an animal howl.

The third newcomer comes running in on the heals of the others, makes as if to stop just past the samurai wannabe, but skids on the wet slippery floor and falls. The gun he is carrying goes off, Knuckles and the girl near him would both swear they felt it pass, but the newcomer manages to kill the blue Fizzygoo machine as it explodes and it's contents spray on her and Knuckles and drench their feet.

The shots are incredibly loud in the confined space and in the quiet that follows the dripping Fizzygoo seems loud. Even the sound of the electric lights seems loud.

Finally, the silence is broken by the shotgun toting man behind the counter. He screams, "I'm the Prince of the city and it's time to collect taxes! Empty your pockets, you drek eating slime and gimme everything ya got!"

The girl sporting the Fizzygoo says, "I'm here to collect taxes," as she whips out the SMG on the sling around her neck and shoulder from where her Jacket was hiding it.

The fallen robber is getting up, and the howling robber is climbing down and looking toward the Fizzygoo girl.

The young guy that came out of the back room whips back his jacket and clears his gun, then takes Mr. Nick by the elbow and tells him they are going to visit the safe.
tisoz
John Stone turned toward the commotion like every other person in the store, but unlike every person in the store his dual natured astral vision easily saw the city spirit hovering on the astral near the howling guy's shoulder.

If that isn't enough, out of the corner of your eye you notice 3 elementals heading your way on the astral plane from over toward the messy drink area. Looks like a pair of fire, and an earth. How nice, burned and buried.
Ears
Rob returns the nod from the black elf, pulls some magazines that got stuck between two displays free and starts to smile.
"Yes! #267, #268 and most of #190." He starts to read and is so immersed that he completely misses most of the action in the store.
The shots that slay the drink machines followed by the second howl from the ganger finally wake him.
An automatic, howls, something about taxes? Well, I'll better start paying.
Letting go of the old magazines, Rob's right dives under his jacket and reappears holding a big pistols that fires two shots at the howling ganger, who manages to dodge once but not twice and takes a solid hit to the chest while a big water filter in the shelf next to him disintegrates and showers the area with small plastic pieces.
"Gotcha!"
Xiuhaun
Knuckles would never hit a woman for a verbal slight... "Tusker..." it just hung in the air. As Zany moved to reveal her SMG, however, the situation changed.

I'd never hit an unarmed woman...

The red flowed from behind his eyes as Zany made her second mistake: she spoke.

"I'm here to collect taxes."

Knuckles' instincts took over at the sight of the weapon. Immediately, its aim was redirected by his left arm as it moved up and out, drink still in hand. As red sticky liquid took to the air, the SMG began to fire, pumping round after round into the air and wall behind Knuckles. His right arm then unleased a devistating blow, backed by all the rage that had welled up inside him. Zany topples like a house of cards on a windy day.

Knuckles snorts "Tusker?" then spits on the fallen girl. A howling roar is heard from the front of the store, and Knuckles directs his attention to the bloodthirsty howl.

As sudden as the events occurred, Knuckles notices he is standing in a messy store, but cannot seem to remember why he is here, or why he is covered in such tasty goo.
drips
Sphinx's brain kicked into overdrive as the gangers began terrorizing the store.

Follow protocol. First establish a base, then launch a counter attack.

He focused all his attention on the racks in front of him and began to bind mana to his will. But... nothing appeared. All he got for his efforts was a headache. Suddenly Sphinx felt very, very vulnerable. He quickly dived behind the magazine rack and began planning his next move.

Screw protocol, I need to wipe them out. Fast.
Green Eyed Monster
John Stone goes to meet the elementals, hoping to find their summoner.

I prepare to defend myself. Spirits to me! Please Confuse all who attack me.

I hear shots going off from every part of the store as 2 of the elementals attack. The first one comes in low and I side step it, then spin and kick out at it with my sqeeky, wet shoe. It connects, but my satisfaction is short lived as the other fire elemental buzzes me from aboze. I throw a hand up to block it and then punch as hard and quick as I can and feel the blow land well on the spirit, but it hardly seems to notice.

They are trying to coordinate their attack now. They are ripping and biting at me, but I'm managing to avoid their attacks, but at the same time, my attacks are largely ineffective. I do manage to tag the one I landed the kick on earlier. This must look interesting to any observers.

I focus a bit more on the one I've hurt the most as they continue their attack and manage to hit it repeatedly, however, I am pretty much just holding the other one off at this point. But my tactic seems to work and the first fire elemental to attack me is starting to show some signs of being hurt.
tisoz
As Stone fights astral observers would notice a couple more spirits join the fracas.

One of them asks the attacking elementals, "If a fire elemental boarded an eastbound suborbital at 0900 that was traveling at 2000 kph, and a water elemental boarded a westbound ballistic flight at 0945 traveling at 3500 kph, at what time could we expect a steam bath?"

The other spirit, looking like a puffy cloud is busy making dizzying circles around what could pass for the elementals heads.
tisoz
You don't believe it. Several members of the gang just disappeared, the howling guy, the katana guy frightening Wanda, the little prince, and the poor slob who fell. Thoughts of, "Beam me up, Scotty," go through your minds.
Chance359
As soon as the first gunshot goes off, Tinker drops his groceries and a concealed pistols drops down into his waiting hand. Creeping toward the front of the store, he spots the wanna be sam with a sword drawn, hold the cashier hostage

Who the fuck uses a sword in an armed robbery?

Taking a second to aim at the would be swords man, Tinker fires off one round striking him somewhere on his left arm, causing the the girl to be release.

Tinker's rounds seems to have brought a new combatant into the fray, who turns and blasts at him with a shotgun.
tisoz
In Aisle 8, Tinker shoots right past the guy talking to toasters, bringing him back to reality. The man screams, "You almost hit the Toaster!" Then draws a shotgun and fires.
Chance359
Tinker feels like someone has hit him in the chest with a sledge hammer as the shotgun slug punches though his armored jacket. Stagering back, pulls a bloody hand from his chest before falling

"Fuck."

Guess you a daisy motherfucker
tisoz
A voice that sounds like the guy who screamed he was the prince and it was tax time yells, "Spike! SlicerDicer! Stop who's shooting and let's get to collectin' taxes," but you can't see the guy. For that matter, his voice is kind of hard to hear, like he is yelling in a stage whisper.

Mr. Nick gives Knuckles and the stock boy, Johnny, a sad look as he is led to the door to the back room. Johnny just managed to wheel a mop bucket out of the back room, pushing it by the handle of the mop dowsed in the water in the bucket.

From the area of Aisle 5 you hear a child's excited voice, "I can't see what's going on! Do ya think shadowrunners are robbing the place! Or maybe shadowrunners'll save us!"

Also from Aisle 5 comes near constant shrieks broken only by, "Be quiet, Louis."

The black clad and white clad duo in Aisle 7 have crouched down, drawn tiny pistols from somewhere and trying to use the cart for as much cover as possible. The man is looking at the big bags of cat food and kitty litter on the bottom shelf and is starting to pull a stack off the shelf to build a bunker. Given enough time, he will pull several off the shelf and use them like sand bags to build a little bunker into the shelf for his wife and he to take cover in.

Wanda stops screaming for a moment when everyone disappears from sight and starts to run away. She is stopped rather abruptly before managing more than a step by unseen forces and starts wailing again.

The man in Aisle 8 walks toward the frozen food cases.

A shuriken comes flying out of nowhere at Knuckles. Yes, out of nowhere, but from the direction of the checkout counter. It is followed in that same stage whisper type of talking, but has the familiarity of the wannabe, "Prepare to defend yourself, gaigin."

The attack comes from nowhere.
Xiuhaun
Knuckles begins to bleed, and notices it mixing with the cold sticky slurry already on the floor. Standing up calmly, he removes his bandanna and wraps it around his left fist, then drops his coat and gun to the floor. With a cracking of his neck, the last visible person in the room speaks to an unknown assailant.

"Coward. Show yourself, or finish the job... dog."
tisoz
Troy Anderson has made his way down to the end of Aisle 13, easing his pistol from it's holster when the shooting had started. Troy sees Mr. Nick being led through the doors to the back room, thinks that can't be good, then I do seem to have the perfect angle, raises his pistol and sends a double tap down range.

The first gel round drills the center of the icicle in the eye socket, putting a huge ding in the jacket, and the second, by chance and not some great aim, punctures the emblem right through the skull's eye emblazoned on the ganger's back. The young man goes down hard.

Then for some reason, Troy forgets why he came to the Stuffer Shack.
Green Eyed Monster
Boys, I call to my spirits. Conceal non-gang members starting with me and the store employees. And Confuse the gang members who came to "collect taxes" and anything helping them.
tisoz
John Stone, Mr. Nick, Johnny, and Wanda seem to disappear. The woman and Louis, as well as the kid by the checkout stand and Tinker seem to disappear. The couple in the pet food aisle, Sphinx and Rob seem to disappear. Knuckles, Troy Anderson, the gnome and manitou seem to disappear almost immediately after appearing for an instant.

The "prince", the howling man, SlicerDicer and the city spirit all look disoriented and puzzled - to any who can perceive them.
drips
Sphinx unbends himself and raises his hands. Mana focused in front of him, a gigantic wall begins to appear. Translucent bones shoot up from the ground, creaking and clacking against each other. Almost as soon as it started the barrier is complete, a massive wall of bones providing protection from the rest of the store. Stretching diagonally from the beginning of Aisle 2 to the beginning of Area K, blocking off the literary section entirely.

A satisfied look appears on his face, but Sphinx isn't finished. Scanning the rest of the shop he sees a man lying on the ground, someone who had obviously been on the wrong side of the gun. Making a split second decision he focuses his magic on the man. A luminous tuxedo surrounds him, with a tiny skull over the pocket. The skull is wearing a top hat and smiling broadly, giving a thumbs-up to the world in general. Satisfied with his work, Sphinx considers the situation.

Frag the gangers, heal the innocent, go home and get drunk... My head is killing me.
Ears
Rob's eyes go wide as the man he just shot fades from his view. "Fragging magic!" He squints, turns his head this way then that. He even tries sniffing the air.
Stupid halfer, do you know what an invisible spellworm smells like? No? Bet he's still around though...
Shrugging, he points the gun roughly at where the ganger disappeared and shoots, succesfully creating one more dent in an already battered DeathRace:Detroit arcade machine way down in the corner of the store.
"Hmm, maybe..."
Rob starts to slowly walk forward when he suddenly slips, has to make a big step to keep from falling, his eyes become glazy and he looks at his gun as if to say "What are YOU doing in my hand?".

tisoz
A pile of rocks falls near where the howling man was last seen. Then a puddle that looks like many of the other puddles tracked into the Stuffer Shack that night runs, as water will, and seeps around and between the rocks. The howling man becomes visible under the wet pile.

Rob, Troy Anderson, and Knuckles come out of their dazed state of mind. The "prince", Spike, and SlicerDicer come back into view.

"Coward. Show yourself, or finish the job... dog."

"Gladly," SlicerDicer says and looks to be initiating an attack as Knuckles vanishes from sight.

The "Prince" looks incredulously at the wet heap of stone burying his fellow gang member and let's go with shots at the pile. The first two shots kick up some dust and a few pieces chip off, but there is no great change in the rocks appearance other than it creeps toward the checkout stand. The "Prince" shoots again, blowing a few more chips off the rocky thing and a big chunk out of the lip of the counter. He squeezes the trigger again to hear that dreaded sound during combat of the click of an empty chamber.

The toaster talker walks to the end of the aisle and trips on something, then bends down and pats at the concealed armored body lying there and starts looking around.

Spike approaches the screaming woman. "G-Gimme all your valuables," he demands in a shaky voice. Louis looks at his mom and back at Spike.

"Are you a shadowrunner?" the little boy asks.
Green Eyed Monster
A smile creeps onto John Stone's face for the first time since this mayhem began as he sees the shaman get buried. He watches as the City spirit goes free and departs. Then he turns his attention to what was starting to look like an execution in progress.

John starts drawing the mana and focuses his concentration by quietly incanting, "carpe nocturne, antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem, a posse ad esse," and casts a spell at SlicerDicer. There is no visible effect and I was able to channel the mana through my body without damage.

The smile is short lived.
Ears
Shaking his head, Rob seems to regain his concentration just in time to watch the howling guy reappear unconscious and covered by a moving pile of rocks and what looks like a sentient puddle of water.What? More magic? He first starts to bring up his pistol to bear at the rocks but as they come under fire while lumbering off towards the counter Rob instead runs after it.
"Enemy of my enemy my ass!"
Xiuhaun
Knuckles sees Slicerdicer appear before him. Finally, I can see what this guy is made of. Without hesitation, Knuckles moves to strike Slicerdicer, and overextends, smacking his forearm upside Slicerdicer's head.

The Japanese man seems startled by this, and quickly swings his sword forward, leaving a devastating blow onto the counter beside Knuckles. The ork responds with his left fist, buried into Slicerdicer's abdomen.

Round two, drekwad
drips
Troy Anderson comes out of his dazed state to see the wannabe samurai from earlier attacking a fellow ork. Acting quickly, he approaches and kicks the wannabe right in the gut. Hard. A surprised look comes over SlicerDicer's face, quickly followed by a look of extreme pain and he begins to cough up blood as he drops to the floor. He barely notices the pink, fizzy liquid that splashes his body as he hits the ground.
Xiuhaun
Wasting no opportunity, Knuckles drops down on top of Slicerdicer, grabs him by the hair, and punches him into the floor, causing another splash.

Still holding the Japanese man by his hair, Knuckles askes "Do you yield?" and offers quarter.

Noticing that the man has finally passed out, the ork sighs, stands, and addresses Troy, "Thanks."
Green Eyed Monster
John Stone sighs and starts centering himelf to summon. Ex cearulo Faber est suae quisque fortunae, Fabricati diem pro bono. I look over the shelves and out into the storm and summon a spirit of the elements. My body jerks slightly as I can't quite control the mana needed for such a powerful summoning. It is kind of orgasmic, only in a totally bad sort of way. I must be a masochist to keep tempting such power. My ears ring and I can feel the blood pounding in my head, only the pounding feels like hammer blows. From past experience, I figure my eyes are bloodshot and I wouldn't be surprised if my nose started bleeding.

But the spirit of my desire has come. Please use your Psychokinesis power to attack the gang until they are subdued. I send a mental image of their colors and icicle/skull emblem.

From the end of Aisle 9 nearest the checkout counter, I see the prince is trying to reload as two of my spirits are about upon him. Directly ahead of me, it looks like Mr. Nick and Johnny are out of harms way in the back room. To my right, I see a couple of orks have beat the wannabe samurai senseless. Time to find the rest of the gang.

I draw my pistols, the Browning in my right hand and the Steyr in my left, take a deep breath, and walk back toward Aisle 10...
Chance359
Troy looks at the other ork combatant, "Anytime." He draws his Max Power and bends down and puts two shots into the unconcious ganger on the floor. Looking up at Knuckles "Shall we go find the rest?"
Green Eyed Monster
Still looking like a part of the large puddle between the entrance and the checkout counter, the undine seeps through the gaps at the bottom of the counter and forms itself into a fountain of water behind the ganger and Wanda, then pours down on the ganger. The ganger cringes as he is dowsed with cold liquid that hits him harder than any ordinary water could.

Almost immediately, a small funnel cloud, somehow fitting under the Stuffer Shacks ceiling, appears just within Aisle 9. A big hoop sylph has dropped into the fray.

Back behind the checkout counter, the "Prince" looks like someone slitch slapped him with an invisible, big, foam, hands, only this one seemed to be wearing brass knuckles. Blood and something white, maybe teeth, maybe snot, flies from his mouth as his head whips violently around. The gore sprays the counter and sops the impulse goodies stocked there.

The pile of rocks keeps moving toward the "Prince", kind of rolling over itself. The rocks furthest from the direction the gnome is moving appear to roll over the pile and then in turn get rolled over. When it encounters the checkout counter it forms into a pile, rocks from the back and bottom piling up to the top and against the counter. As it gains the counter-top, the gnome forms something resembling a stone wall and quickly topples over onto the ganger.
Chance359
As Tinker cyberware detects the extent of his injuries, his bio-monitor activates his auto-injector pumping lifesaving chemicals into his hears and blood stream.

As the toaster loving gang member reaches down to inspect the invisible mass, a loud beeping begins coming from a few inches off the floor.
drips
Now that Sphinx feels a bit safer, he reaches into a pocket and pulls out three doses of narcoject. Grabbing three needles from another pocket, he applies the narcoject to the needles. He takes the blowgun from his sock and loads it with one of the needles. The other two he puts into an easy to reach pocket.

If any of those bastards crash this gate, they'll have an unpleasant surprise to handle next.
Ears
Rob shoots out of aisle 1 (purifiers, filters ets.), manages a sharp right turn despite the slippery floor. Suddenly his eyes become go wide.
Shotgun! 'Crap!' Did you have to run? Now get him in the head.
More sliding on a thin film of water than really running, he brings up his gun, levels it at the man behind the counter and sends a short prayer to the gods of headshotting people and fires his Predator.
Luck favours him and the shotgun-toting ganger is blown back, landing unconscious on the floor.

Xiuhaun
Appauled by Troy's actions, Knuckles draws his backup firearm and takes cover behind the counter. Making a quick peak, he sees a dwarf blasting the ringleader in the face, and cant help but think oy, that'll leave a mark.

The tornado looking to buy some pez doesn't evade his notice either, What's with all this jojo today?.

Ducking behind the counter and not seeing any immediate threats, Knuckles says to Troy, "Leave that one be" while motioning to the unconsious gal on the floor, "She isn't the threat".

Continuing, "Drek's going down, looks like there may be a few others over that way" motioning over the counter. "Did you see anyone head for the back?"

tisoz
The small funnel cloud, the mass of moving rock and the puddle/fountain of water disappear from the physical plane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012