Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks to all at DragonCon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
RobertB
Just wanted to say thanks to all the Shadowrun GMs at Dragon*Con. You all go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to running games for our favorite RPG. Thanks to Kali for coordinating the events, and all the GMs who ran: Scott, Derek, Saleem, Zack, Glen, and any others that I might have missed or not run with. You all are the best.

Robert (aka Spanner)
Cadmus
I second the above smile.gif all the GM's were great!

Can't wait to play with you guys again next year. smile.gif

Cadmus/Breach

Wasabi
What a great time!!!

Kai, thanks for putting/keeping it all together. We feared only have a light selection of modules to play and ended up with what seemed like an endless supply. Between your pulling in players for games with light turnout and accommodating last minute games being added mid-con it was a super job ya did and we appreciate you!

GM's, you guys rocked. The quality of play for the one shots and SRM's was all superb and that just stuns me. Typically between the sleep dep and writing one shots in general are a bit hit or miss so to have a whole slew of them and all fun as hell, well, GM's you rock. One GM even wrote a one shot and ran it the next day as a pick up game there at Table 3 and we all were laughing our asses off by game end. Between MF Rufus and Nic Nork and the other odd characters I myself brought to the table you guys ran with the funny parts of the mission and gave us hell for the serious parts so wonderful work. Truly wonderful work.

SRM Module writers, thanks for all you do and especially for the SRM03-06 to SRM03-10 modules. I found them much more intriguing than the earlier NYC missions so thanks for being so original in your art. For those of you that loved them please take no offense, I merely want to throw an extra shoutout to the latest writing because it is so awesome.
SwampGator
I had hoped to start this topic, but I'll be content to 3rd it. As RobertB said, many thanks to all who made Missions at DragonCon 2009 possible.

*sigh* 4th. Should have spent an Edge.
Kai
Thanks for coming all, glad you had fun even with our short staffing and etc smile.gif Gimme some feedback on the room layout, too, is it good? Its pretty much ours in perpetuity unless we outgrow it somehow.
Whizbang
I had a blast as well. The room seemed to work well for our purposes....even if we weren't allowed to move the numbers. smile.gif

We love you even still, Kai.

Zelda
Wasabi
QUOTE (Kai @ Sep 7 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Gimme some feedback on the room layout, too, is it good? Its pretty much ours in perpetuity unless we outgrow it somehow.

Unless the rows of chairs are swapped for cots and perhaps a minibar added I think its good as-is. ;-)
Kai
Heh, man...having alcohol within shouting distance would be bad come about mid Saturday...
Whizbang
I'd settle for reasonably priced caffinated beverages....perhaps someone just needs to bring a big cooler we can all chip sodas into.
Kai
Unfortunately there's no way to secure anything, which means someone would have to be in the room all day to watch said cooler, and take it upstairs/across the street/etc at 2am when the last game ended, and bring it back at 9am when they start again :7
Bull
QUOTE (Kai @ Sep 9 2009, 02:18 PM) *
Unfortunately there's no way to secure anything, which means someone would have to be in the room all day to watch said cooler, and take it upstairs/across the street/etc at 2am when the last game ended, and bring it back at 9am when they start again :7

Get one of those coolers that have wheels? smile.gif

And what, you don;t have GMs in the room all day long at some point? Just appoint a "shift supervisor" all day. <shrug> We more or less do this at Origins and Gen Con.
Gondath
I only managed to play one mission, but it was a blast. I'm definetely going to squeeze in more of them next time. I give my regards to the GM's and the planners. The room was just fine and the proximity to the rest rooms cut down on wait times.

Character: Duval Collins
Kai
*patpats Bull*

Its funny how you think we have staff or something ;7 We had all of five GMs this year for our 108 hours of gaming, and I try not to schedule GMs for more than 2 slots a day. I would love an assistant coordinator/GM to trade off being on call with, but it likely won't happen anytime soon, and seeing as I have enough to haul around Marta...yeah, no cooler :7
Whizbang
Could always hide it under one of the tables....who thinks to look under the tablecloths? smile.gif

And I second the appreciation of the proximity of the bathrooms. Being able to dart off while the action is with another part of the team, and still not miss much is not to be underrated.
Dyspeptic
I, of course, also has a blast as always. Thanks to Kai for all her "leet coordinatin' skillz" Kudos to all the GMs for going above and beyond... especially after who they had at the table. I'm still laughing about hearing more than one GM say "oh, you're *that* group" Can't argue with group street cred.

And of course thanks to the team: Gator, Zelda, Shrike/Mace, Spanner, Breach, and Wings. What was this, four years running with primarily the same team? Good times.

--Smith
RobertB
QUOTE (Whizbang @ Sep 9 2009, 10:40 PM) *
Could always hide it under one of the tables....who thinks to look under the tablecloths? smile.gif

And I second the appreciation of the proximity of the bathrooms. Being able to dart off while the action is with another part of the team, and still not miss much is not to be underrated.

We could probably coordinate beverages a little for next year. Let's keep that in mind for 2010.

And I'd also like to chime in regarding the location of our room. In a word "Excellent!" Water and a clean bathroom right outside. Good exposure for folks walking by. Door by the pool in case we want to swim... Well, nevermind that last one. smile.gif

Robert (aka Spanner)
Kai
Yeah its a good location, the rest of Non-Campaign is down the hall so it was the easiest room to block off. Aside from the addition of a 'General Muster is that way' note, I think its a great spot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012