Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was told to report some issues I'm having...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Tachi
I've been having issues with your Quick Access and Insert Special Item tools, I didn't really figure it was that big of a deal, except when I'm drunk and can't remember how to use tags, but Bull said I should come here and say something anyway, so, here I am saying something anyway...

Ok, first off, while this is occasionally annoying, I've pretty much found ways around it by using "quickreply/quickedit" and url insertion tags, so this is just an FYI.

I'm using Vista SP2 (Which I HATE, I can't wait till Win7 comes out) and Microjunk Internet Explorer (though I've had the same issues while using Firefox).
Anytime I try to use your insertion tool for links etc, I get only error codes. I have popup blocker turned off for Dumpshock and have even had the problem with internet security turned off, hell, I tried with all my security off, including my firewall, and it still happened.

I figure it's on my end, not yours and I'm just kinda curious what the hell the problem is... My old computer (may it rest in peace *Cue Taps*) running XP SP3 never had these issues.
Redjack
URL insert test using Quickreply. Vista + Firefox v3.5.2

Dumpshock
Redjack
URL insert test using Quickreply. Vista + IE v8.0.6001.18813
I was prompted to accept scripted windows.

Dumpshock
Redjack
It appears your issues are 100% localized.
Tachi
Yeah, I figured as much. I don't even get prompted for scripts, just get an error message, even with Explorer set to accept scripts. Screw it, not a big deal. Like I said, I can get around it using quickreply and tags. Thanks anyway.

The more I use Windows, the more I consider switching to Linux.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012