Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Dawn of the Artifacts: Dusk
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
SincereAgape
Hi. This will be the official Dawn of the Artifacts: Dusk (PbP) out of character thread.

-This topic will be used for anything out of character related to the game. I encourage everyone to use this thread to bounce ideas off of each other, and possibly discuss previous interactions each characters may have had with each other.

-This topic will also be used for general random chat.

-Here is the posting format that will be used during the game.

Just like almost everyone else on the board I'm gonna be stealing Redjack's posting structure, so here you go.

All your posts should begin with a time/date stamp in orange, detailing location, time, and date.

- - "Speech color=cyan, optionally enclosed in quotes"

- - <Coms (subvocal) color=violet>
- - <Coms (Text) color=yellow>
- - Thoughts color=darkkhaki and in italics
- - Memories, flashbacks, dreams color=green and in italics

Spoiler all private actions, but if its something really private, or you're setting up a backstab, PM me.

Any out of character chat that is posted in a IC post should be surrounded with brackets IE [Hi mom!]

Remember to use spoiler tags for private actions. In game try not to peak, it's hard, but try not too.

[ Spoiler ]

Recruitment Thread.
In Character Thread

-I am also available for text and voice chats as well. In the past, I have run small Roleplaying Sessions over Yahoo IM, with a decent amount of success. The roleplaying goes a lot faster then a PbP game, and would not be adverse to running a side story for any one of you. So without further aideu here is my contact information.

Yahoo IM - SincereAgape@yahoo.com
MSN Messenger - SincereAgape@hotmail.com
AOL - Kchu26

-No one is obligated to post their contact information.

I am more then happy to answer any questions you have regarding the game! So let the flaming begin. smile.gif
SincereAgape
We'll be using Invisible Castle as a database for conducting rolls. The campaign name will be "Dota"

For a scheduled start date for the campaign, I am looking at Thursday, October 1st.

And if everyone can post a brief description of their character's physical appearances in this thread, that would be appreciated

Thanks,
Agape.
Chrysalis
Her are some images instead of a description: Anything can change. Face to body.

http://www.artificeclothing.com/em/shop/Sc...p?idproduct=177

http://www.artificeclothing.com/em/shop/Sc...p?idproduct=180

-Chrysalis
Karoline
Wow, I think that first one deserves a couple levels of 'Distinctive Style' and is super awesome in a cyberpunk sort of way.
pbangarth
Sorry for the delay in posting the particulars of Hodder. Crises appeared in other games that required attention, and I actually worked more on my dissertation the last couple of days.

SincereAgape, I am nearly done the character sheet. I just have one question. Is the Bust-a-Move drone, on page 117 of Arsenal, a small enough mechanical object to be Enchanted into a Prepared Vessel (p. 86 Street Magic) all in one ritual, or does it need to be disassembled and parts done separately?

Ooooohhh.. this is my post number 1776! I dedicate it to all of my friends south of the border.

EDIT: How about an emotitoy (Arsenal, p. 57)?
SincereAgape
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 22 2009, 11:07 PM) *
Sorry for the delay in posting the particulars of Hodder. Crises appeared in other games that required attention, and I actually worked more on my dissertation the last couple of days.

SincereAgape, I am nearly done the character sheet. I just have one question. Is the Bust-a-Move drone, on page 117 of Arsenal, a small enough mechanical object to be Enchanted into a Prepared Vessel (p. 86 Street Magic) all in one ritual, or does it need to be disassembled and parts done separately?

Ooooohhh.. this is my post number 1776! I dedicate it to all of my friends south of the border.

EDIT: How about an emotitoy (Arsenal, p. 57)?

Hey Pete,

Bust a Move -( drone aka Super Toy aka Teddy from the movie AI) is small enough to be enchanted into a prepared vessel with one ritual as long as your magic rating is over three. This is a thematical representation.

Emotitoy is fine as well smile.gif

Edit: I'll be down in Florida for a mini-vacation from 9/25/09 until 9/28/09. Hopefully the place we are staying will have wireless access.
pbangarth
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Sep 23 2009, 09:59 AM) *
Bust a Move -( drone aka Super Toy aka Teddy from the movie AI) is small enough to be enchanted into a prepared vessel with one ritual as long as your magic rating is over three. This is a thematical representation.

OK, just to be sure our semantics are the same, by "magic rating is over three" do you mean '3 or greater', or '4 or greater'? And by "magic rating" do you mean the Magic Attribute, or the part of the Magic Attribute allocated to magician, as opposed to adept? My guess is that Enchanting uses the whole Magic Attribute, so that is what applies, but I want to be sure.
SincereAgape
Hey Pete,

Over 3. This includes the combined might dedicated to magician and adept.
pbangarth
Got it. Thanks.

EDIT: Now I get to think of fun ways to use a possessed emotitoy!

EDIT2: So, I guess according to SR4A, emotitoys have an object resistance of 5. Is that right?
Chrysalis
If the emotitoy looks like Chucky, I will be really annoyed. Or a bunny with a switchblade. Or something out of any of the 80s puppet movies.
SincereAgape
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 23 2009, 04:50 PM) *
EDIT2: So, I guess according to SR4A, emotitoys have an object resistance of 5. Is that right?

Hey Pete, Object resistance of five. And the enchanting will have to be done in game. You may purchase the drones before hand, but the actual preparation and ritual will take place during IC time.

Let's move this conversation over to the recruitment/player creation thread. OOC thread should be used to discuss the actual game session and other random OOC chatter.
Karoline
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Sep 24 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Let's move this conversation over to the recruitment/player creation thread. OOC thread should be used to discuss the actual game session and other random OOC chatter.

Because that totally isn't random OOC chatter. nyahnyah.gif

A quick description for my character.
[ Spoiler ]

If anyone has a real big problem with the age, please tell me. (If your character has a problem, that is your character's problem nyahnyah.gif I don't mind having her worthiness and such questioned ICly)
Chrysalis
I shall your character IC a potato sack with string around its middle and you can call me an over painted harlot. wink.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 24 2009, 08:11 PM) *
I shall your character IC a potato sack with string around its middle and you can call me an over painted harlot. wink.gif

Sounds like good times smile.gif
Mister Juan
So, are we good to roll?
Karoline
I think we're waiting on Chrysalis to finish up her vignette or something like that.
Chrysalis
Already sent my vignette to Ken ages ago by email.
Karoline
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 27 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Already sent my vignette to Ken ages ago by email.

Oh, then I guess we're just waiting on the big man himself smile.gif
SincereAgape
Hi guys,

Just got from Florida and it's around 11:40PM here on the East Coast (With a early work day tomorrow morning). I hope to answer everyone's questions, respond to PMs, view character sheets, track down other PCs, and touch up a few things with the module and review Feral Cities.

Here are some random travel logged thoughts.

So far we have four accepted PCs with room for two more. (Might be contacting some reserve members soon)

Still looking at a Thursday, 10/1/09 start date.

Want to get the PC's input on the following two topics.
    -How do you guys feel about the GM making secret perception rolls for the characters. (From time to time)
    -How does everyone feel about the GM rolling initiative if combat does occur. (This will help save time and make the game go faster.)

(All GM rolls on the behalf of the PCs will be made public on Invisible Castle)

Sincerely,
Ken "Secretly on a "Midnight Train to Georgia."
pbangarth
The occasional secret Perception Tests make sense to me.

GM Initiative rolls are fine too, as long as the GM keeps in mind the current state of PCs' enhancements. (I'm thinking primarily of the various ways magic can be used to beef up initiative, eg. Increase Reflexes spell, Possession, etc.) Anything that speeds up combat has to be good.
Chrysalis
Fine and fine with me. Anything to make the game go faster.

-Chrysalis
Karoline
Both sound fine to me. Hope you had fun in Florida, forgot you were going.
SincereAgape
Hey guys.

Florida was great. Thank you for asking. Spent time in Orlando and the weather was perfect this time of year (Not to hot, and sunshine most of the time. The tropical thunderstorms that happen at least once a day are quiet refreshing for those of you who love to run out in the rain like me). Got to work on the tan a bit. This might sound a to idealistic, but I rediscovered the desire to "Dream" again these past few days. Ever since entering the work field, I lost the romantic idealism that defined me the majority of my life. Yeah. So in short. I'll hopefully be pursuing some "Dreams" that I hold onto in the near future before my window completely closes.

Anyways back to Shadowrun. smile.gif

Everything seems to be taking shape and while looking around the virtual table, I am really happy at the group of players that have been gathered. I'll try and post something tonight to get things kick started if the inspiration comes later on in the evening. Other then that, the hidden perception tests will come when the story calls for it, and we'll try the GM initiative rolls. As Peter suggested, if all of the enhancements such as magic, drugs, cyberware are not taken into affect during the rolls for your character, feel free to send me a pissed off PM. smile.gif

Karoline
I suppose it would be best if we all provided our standard perception and initiative then, and mage types can include their natural initiative and one which has their normally running spells or common spells or whatever factored in. Being mundane makes life so much easier in that regard smile.gif

*waits eagerly for the first post*
pbangarth
OK, so for Hodder, here are the most likely (based on various combinations of spells/possessions/adept powers) values for the GM to use. If Hodder's current setup is different, it will be incumbent upon me to let the GM know.

Perception (not actively looking): INT (4) + Perception (1) + vision enhancement (3)
= general 5 dice, visual 8 dice

Initiative: REA (2 + F4 spirit possession 4 = 6) + INT (4) + sustained in Focus Increase Reflexes (2)
= 12 dice (3 IPs)

Surprise: REA (2 + F4 spirit possession 4 = 6) + INT (4) = 10 dice
- alerted adds 3 dice
- ambushing adds 6 dice
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 29 2009, 07:41 PM) *
I suppose it would be best if we all provided our standard perception and initiative then, and mage types can include their natural initiative and one which has their normally running spells or common spells or whatever factored in. Being mundane makes life so much easier in that regard smile.gif

*waits eagerly for the first post*

If and when there is free time, I will hopefully be digesting some of the Pirate campaign Pentara has running.

Probably be writing the first post tonight. Tomorrow is a late day at work. That is if watching The Ultimate Fighter isn't to distracting. (Go Kimbo).

Regardless it should be up. I am pretty excited and anxious to seeing how everyone's characters interact with each other.
Karoline
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Sep 30 2009, 10:25 AM) *
If and when there is free time, I will hopefully be digesting some of the Pirate campaign Pentara has running.

Probably be writing the first post tonight. Tomorrow is a late day at work. That is if watching The Ultimate Fighter aren't to distracting. (Go Kimbo).

Regardless if should be up. I am pretty excited and anxious to seeing how everyone's characters interact with each other.

Hehe, I'm totally in Penta's game, we haven't gotten very far yet but already quite a bit up.

Yeah, already seems like Chrysalis and I should have some fun interactions. Also I promise that I totally don't have the Judas quality biggrin.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 30 2009, 12:17 PM) *
Also I promise that I totally don't have the Judas quality biggrin.gif

Alright! Both Christian and Jewish metaphors cropping up in our game. What's next?
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 30 2009, 12:31 PM) *
Alright! Both Christian and Jewish metaphors cropping up in our game. What's next?

Not my fault that is what they call the quality. I guess 'dirty backstabber' just didn't have the same ring to it nyahnyah.gif
(As far as being a turncoat, not as far as Judas-like)
Chrysalis
The adab term for this would be people of the book but there is no furqan for this.
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 30 2009, 03:11 PM) *
The adab term for this would be people of the book but there is no furqan for this.

Lady Chrysalis puts my BA in Sociology to shame. Thank goodness for basic Wikipedia. It might not always be accurate, but it assists one with getting a general idea. smile.gif
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 30 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Not my fault that is what they call the quality. I guess 'dirty backstabber' just didn't have the same ring to it nyahnyah.gif
(As far as being a turncoat, not as far as Judas-like)

Also. Wonder if naming the quality "The Brutus" would work as well.
Karoline
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Sep 30 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Also. Wonder if naming the quality "The Brutus" would work as well.

I'm still kinda fond of 'dirty backstabber' myself. Maybe something like "Planted Agent" would work well though. Give the idea without having to look up words or read the description.

Chrysalis and her words smile.gif
SincereAgape
When seeking stimulation on Dumpshock, seek a Chrysalis post.

"Dirty Backstabber" That's just itching for a PvP campaign.

Edit Work has to really censor Dumpshock on office computers. It's to distracting.
Karoline
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Sep 30 2009, 03:48 PM) *
When seeking stimulation on Dumpshock, seek a Chrysalis post.

"Dirty Backstabber" That's just itching for a PvP campaign.

Well, the Judas quality is basically PvP in and of itself, as you are a planted agent by the other side that will turn when given the proper command/whistle/secret handshake.

*envisioning the secret handshake version...*
"Come'on man, give me a high five!"
*slap*
"Must... kill... Lincoln"
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 30 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Well, the Judas quality is basically PvP in and of itself, as you are a planted agent by the other side that will turn when given the proper command/whistle/secret handshake.

*envisioning the secret handshake version...*
"Come'on man, give me a high five!"
*slap*
"Must... kill... Lincoln"

notworthy.gif

The keyword is: Rosebud.

New Street Name for the next PC: John Wilkes Booth.
Chrysalis
So for 23 shekels you are willing to sell out Jesus. Luckily Jesus is not here. Nor are we saints, but sinners.
Karoline
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 30 2009, 05:50 PM) *
So for 23 shekels you are willing to sell out Jesus. Luckily Jesus is not here. Nor are we saints, but sinners.

We may be sinners, but so long as we remain SINless I'm sure we'll do alright.
Chrysalis
I see this ending horribly. ^____^
Karoline
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 30 2009, 07:08 PM) *

I think that is covered under either the first or third part of the if statement in my sig biggrin.gif
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Sep 30 2009, 07:08 PM) *

So do I smile.gif

*Pumps fist back*

Yesssssssssssssss!

Okay.

In Character thread is up.

Dusk: DOTA: IC

Enjoy.
Karoline
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Sep 30 2009, 09:47 PM) *
In Character thread is up.

Dusk: DOTA: IC

Enjoy.

Woo!
Karoline
Where the heck are you going to get the money Dexter?

I don't know why this had me giggling so much.

Edit: Ah, I see why, that is when he changed from third person to second person. Second person is awesome smile.gif
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 30 2009, 09:14 PM) *
I don't know why this had me giggling so much.

Edit: Ah, I see why, that is when he changed from third person to second person. Second person is awesome smile.gif

Heh.

There is a lot of that in my writing. In the words of Ralph Wiggum.

"Me fail English? That's unpossible."

Edit: If people have problems with the introductory post feel free to PM me. I made a lot of assumptions about the supporting characters in the PC's lives, the post reflects my pencil and paper GM style. If there is a problem with any of the characterization, I can rework things for you smile.gif
Karoline
Hmm, don't know that Hawkeye would make the 'don't do anything I wouldn't do' joke, but I'll roll with it nyahnyah.gif Also had specifics on when she used you, me, and us, but not like anyone else could -actually- hear it, so I'll just modify it in my own mind smile.gif Not berating you for it, just saying that the personality was a bit off for the others reading it. (Don't want them to get the wrong OOC feel for Hawkeye)
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 30 2009, 10:27 PM) *
Hmm, don't know that Hawkeye would make the 'don't do anything I wouldn't do' joke, but I'll roll with it nyahnyah.gif Also had specifics on when she used you, me, and us, but not like anyone else could -actually- hear it, so I'll just modify it in my own mind smile.gif Not berating you for it, just saying that the personality was a bit off for the others reading it. (Don't want them to get the wrong OOC feel for Hawkeye)

I totally hear you on that.

You know what you can do. This is what Chrysalis did in the "Never Trust an Elf 2072" she revised and made corrections about her character in her reply post. feel free to do that, and re-work any characterizations that you had.

The rest of the story will not be posted in this format. This was just for the introductory post.
Karoline
For the most part it is perfectly fine, just want to change what she says to herself very slightly.

“Good. Looks like you made it this far, so some people can still be trusted. Remember that.” You smile up at yourself a bit. “You're in Seattle, I've got one last thing for you, and then you're on your own.”

A set of alphanumerical numbers appear in the corner display of your commlink.

“Those are a set of RFID codes that will get you into Club 77 in Renton. Be there at 1700 Hours. You need nuyen and a place to lay low for awhile. This particular Ms. Johnson contacted me about a week ago, and explained that she needed to gather a team together for a run in Lagos. I told her you would hear her out. Good luck.”

Some of the important differences is that there is no 'we', and that others don't know that Hawkeye is Hawkeye. She didn't say that she would be at the meet, but instead that someone else would be, in other words old Hawkeye sent new Hawkeye as if she was a totally separate person, which importantly means she doesn't have any of her old rep (Good or bad) attached to her. No one will know this shift from old to new has happened, instead simply thinking that old has vanished and that new is just a fresh faced runner (who comes with very high recommendation to offset her age for the Johnson).

There are also some other small differences to pick up on which should give hints at her personality smile.gif
Karoline
My SR lore is rather poor, what level of club is Club 77? Posh or grungy or what? I figure somewhat upscale/exclusive since we need the IDs to get in.
SincereAgape
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 30 2009, 09:59 PM) *
My SR lore is rather poor, what level of club is Club 77? Posh or grungy or what? I figure somewhat upscale/exclusive since we need the IDs to get in.

77 SW Sunset Boulevard
Some places build their success on popularity while others, like the
simply named 77, make their reputation on exclusivity. Although one
of the newest nightspots in the metroplex, 77 has become famous (or
even infamous) as an exclusive private club for members only. The “77”
is a street address in Renton that takes you to a nondescript walk-up
between a neighborhood bar and a men’s clothing store, and you
can only get past the security at the door with a membership, which
requires the sponsorship of an existing member.
We’d tell you more about the interior, but we haven’t been inside!
According to our sources, the club is in the style of old century gentlemen’s
clubs with lots of leather, brass, and polished wood (or impressive
simulations of the same) and the very best in food, spirits, and
nightly entertainment. If you know someone who is a member and
can afford the ¥500 annual membership fee, then you have the perfect
place for a private night out or to entertain and impress out-of-town
friends and business associates.
> 77 takes the privacy and security of its members very seriously. The place is as
tight as a drum on all levels: Matrix security, scramblers and shielding to block
incoming and outgoing signals, and airtight magical wards. Wireless comms are
not prohibited, and there’s an active network inside the club, but connections
to the outside world are strictly hardwired and secured. It makes 77 a popular
place for those with means to get together privately and to conduct business.
> Kat o’ Nine Tales

Hey Karoline,

Edited the post with your suggestions smile.gif.

And here is a description about 77 from New Seattle. I'd say Posh.
Karoline
Maybe a little bit on the poshy side smile.gif

Hmm, sounds familiar.. I think I have the book that is from but haven't given it much of a read. I'll have to look over some of my more flavor based books sometime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012